Post Match Leicester 1 Watford 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost the chance of securing our place in the play offs when we came off the back of the five game winning run with **** all in 12.

Over the course of the season all the variables even out such as look and so forth.

The truth is IMHO that we blew it with a weakened team in the cup and pissing about when not needed.

We should have got rid of Pearson in the International break and we didn't. Credit to the Thais for sticking with him but it was wrong as we have now wasted weeks for nothing if we're planning to replace him.

We have been diabolical for three months and e deserve where we are.

Reality check.

We all know the Championship is unpreditable. Bolton are away at Cardiff (I think Cardiff will win) and Forest away at Millwall (anyone's game).

To me, it will go down to the last game of the season. We get a little bit of optimism again and then come crashing down when the feck wits get hammered at the Shitty ground:icon_evil

We all know the Championship is unpreditable. Bolton are away at Cardiff (I think Cardiff will win) and Forest away at Millwall (anyone's game).

To me, it will go down to the last game of the season. We get a little bit of optimism again and then come crashing down when the feck wits get hammered at the Shitty ground:icon_evil
Good to see some optimism in here tonight

Last edited:
Hands up, who expected us to get promoted at the start of the season.........

It isn't technically over I know but I can't see Palace not beating Millwall on Tuesday and not getting at least a point out of blackpool next Saturday, and that's assuming we can beat Forest away.

Still you never know, I ain't going, so theres always a chance. City never win away at forest when I go, it's always 0-0 or 1-1.

Looks like we need Millwall to do us a favour and beat both Palace and Forest, as if they have anything to play for.

very odd changes. why have nugent on out wide when shlupp is a better wide player. marshall is so out of form would have been better leaving lloyd on. at least his pace would be of some use as the game got stretched. just hoofing it forward may have had its merits if you wanted to bypass watford's midfield but tbh, king and james seemed to cope ok in the first half. (apart from the dodgy 5 mins).

i think the tactics in the second half seemed to sum it up for me. we needed goals and reduced ourselves to lumping it up and hoping something would drop favourably. ok, we got one back but given we were apparently all out for the second 45 mins, we only really worked the keeper twice.

Hands up, who expected us to get promoted at the start of the season.........

Not Me

Hands up, who expected us to get promoted when we were top of the league earlier in the season.

I did.

Last edited:
i think the tactics in the second half seemed to sum it up for me. we needed goals and reduced ourselves to lumping it up and hoping something would drop favourably. ok, we got one back but given we were apparently all out for the second 45 mins, we only really worked the keeper twice.

The second half was like watching a desperate side playing out a final ten minutes that lasted 50. Pretty much a perfect example of why I can't see Pea Son ever making it as a top manager.

very odd changes. why have nugent on out wide when shlupp is a better wide player. marshall is so out of form would have been better leaving lloyd on. at least his pace would be of some use as the game got stretched. just hoofing it forward may have had its merits if you wanted to bypass watford's midfield but tbh, king and james seemed to cope ok in the first half. (apart from the dodgy 5 mins).

I totally agree. I was imploring the players to stop going so direct. It shows how tactically inept we are when we go behind. I'm afraid that is Pearson's weakness and all throughout the second half I barely felt that we were going to score. It was a comfortable victory for Watford in the end and a promising season has ended in tatters.

Not Me

Hands up, who expected us to get promoted when we were top of the league earlier in the season.

I did.

One swallow doesn't make a summer mate but if that's all you have had I guess you hang on to it for dear life.

Last edited:
I always beleive we can go up. But there's a cure for optimism

One swallow doesn't make a summer mate but if that's all you have had I guess you hang on to it for dear life.

That's bollocks. I got this great blow job off a bird last April and I was still smiling in December.

(credit to Viz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570