Post Match Leicester 2 - 2 Watford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very disciplined and, yes, Italian performance from Watford. It's no surprise they concede late goals when constantly inviting teams on to them and sitting so deeply.

Made things very difficult for us and we should have gone direct earlier. We tried to play passing football, against a team sitting deep you are better off just getting the ball in the danger areas quickly. We sorted it out towards the end.

As for Knocky criticism, I don't see it. They were very hard to break down and Pearson will have been asking for a wee bit of creativity or risk to try and crack them open. It didn't quite work for Knocky today but he played the role asked of him.

An absolute beaut of a goal, one of those that lands perfectly. I bet Drinky felt like the ball was as big as a beach ball when he struck it.

For the cause of what? The aim for Watford must for next season. Too far from playoffs and too far from relegation. They play like that on a repeated showings and they will get no way fast.

You can play like that with the right personnel, but without them you leak late goals against real quality. It's basically how England play in the World Cup and it always bites them on the arse. Italy play that way too, and they have the players to make it work.

For the cause of what? The aim for Watford must for next season. Too far from playoffs and too far from relegation. They play like that on a repeated showings and they will get no way fast.

To add to their current points tally to (presumably) try and move up the table.

You watch Morgan, Wasilewski and RDL play like solid, static turds, and then criticise Knockaert ?? Brilliant insight, as ever

They were a tragic shadow of what they were last year. Awful. Blatant offside goal and then truly shit defending gifted them the two goal lead. We did well to get back in it, and dominated the second half

Wonderful goal from Drinky. Nugent should have won the game at the death

Shitty game gainst a truly shitty team. All a bit meh, but not as bad as some idiots will undoubtedly make out.

onwards and upwards

Hopefully that will shut those pair of tedious feckers at radio Leicester right up.

I don't accept the criticism of Watford. What do you expect teams to do, just turn up and let us beat them? I thought their approach was better than a lot of sides this season. They defended deeply and with numbers but looked dangerous on the break. Fair play to them.

For our part, we moved the ball far too slowly. Defensively, the players lacked responsibility and their passing and movement was poor. I've been a Knockaert critic several times this season, but today's performance wasn't bad at all. He over-played as usual and lost possession too often but he moved around and tried things which is more than can be said for several of his colleagues. Dyer was absent from most of the game and hardly ever tried anything that wasn't obvious.

Whether their first goal was offside or not, it was shoddy defending. For their second, De Laet gave another example of why he's not good enough to play right back in the Premier League. He was positionally poor and weak. I also thought Drinkwater had a bit of a shocker for him. He really struggled to get a grip in midfield. Overall, we had three shots on target, which shows that, whilst we dominated possession, we created very little.

Still, games like that will come along and our determination to continue pressing was eventually rewarded thanks to a terrific strike from Drinkwater. NP tactically made his changes too late for me. He finally did something out of the ordinary when he switched Wood for Wasyl and that was a welcome sight.

Bottom line is that we're another point nearer and another game closer the Premier League. Eleven games unbeaten. Eleven points clear at the top. It's eight years since a team had better than this number of points at this stage of the season.

I don't accept the criticism of Watford. What do you expect teams to do, just turn up and let us beat them? I thought their approach was better than a lot of sides this season. They defended deeply and with numbers but looked dangerous on the break. Fair play to them.

For our part, we moved the ball far too slowly. Defensively, the players lacked responsibility and their passing and movement was poor. I've been a Knockaert critic several times this season, but today's performance wasn't bad at all. He over-played as usual and lost possession too often but he moved around and tried things which is more than can be said for several of his colleagues. Dyer was absent from most of the game and hardly ever tried anything that wasn't obvious.

Whether their first goal was offside or not, it was shoddy defending. For their second, De Laet gave another example of why he's not good enough to play right back in the Premier League. He was positionally poor and weak. I also thought Drinkwater had a bit of a shocker for him. He really struggled to get a grip in midfield. Overall, we had three shots on target, which shows that, whilst we dominated possession, we created very little.

Still, games like that will come along and our determination to continue pressing was eventually rewarded thanks to a terrific strike from Drinkwater. NP tactically made his changes too late for me. He finally did something out of the ordinary when he switched Wood for Wasyl and that was a welcome sight.

Bottom line is that we're another point nearer and another game closer the Premier League. Eleven games unbeaten. Eleven points clear at the top. It's eight years since a team had better than this number of points at this stage of the season.
I was getting a bit pissed off at the lack of statistics in this post BN, but thankfully you redeemed yourself in the last paragraph.

I must have been watching a different match. Watford came close to beating the best team in the league and IMO Forestieri was Man of the Match.

The Watford manager Senor Sannino was a joy to watch. I have long believed that all Italians deep down want to be opera singers and he was wonderfully dramatic. However, there was a moment when he was outdone in body language. At the first offside(?) Watford goal Mike Stowell revealed himself to be a Richard Dawkins supporter as he leapt to his feet shook his fist at the heavens and declaimed "I do not believe it."

I was getting a bit pissed off at the lack of statistics in this post BN, but thankfully you redeemed yourself in the last paragraph.
Sort off, but we need more more more!!!!

I am delighted to get away with a point after that.

Moved the ball far too slow, seemed to run out of ideas. Pearson was key he made the right changes, maybe a little late but credit to him for changing it regardless, definitely made an impact.

Knockaert seems to be the only one who if he isn't getting the ball will move to another area to get himself into the game, take note Mr Dyer.

RDL seemed very lazy for their second, that being said nobody else seemed that fussed about closing down the shot so can't blame him completely.

I think James is improving every time I see him. Though him and DD struggled today in comparison to the high standards they've set in recent times. Pleased to see the centre midfield pair on the scoresheet.

I don't think you can criticise the Watford game plan, sides that play too openly and expansively against us usually get hit on the counter and sent home with their tails between their legs. That being said their injury faking was dreadful, 3-4 times they fouled our player and went down with an injury themselves, mind blowing!

Last edited:
James was man of the match for me. I switched a bit in the beginning between city and the Biathlon in the Olympics, though. Won by a 40 year old Norwegian. Took it as a sign for the second half but KP didn't follow suit.

James was man of the match for me. I switched a bit in the beginning between city and the Biathlon in the Olympics, though. Won by a 40 year old Norwegian. Took it as a sign for the second half but KP didn't follow suit.

I'm currently watching sports from Norway. Not live obviously, but "Jeremy Jones Further"and this episode is in Norway. He's with Terje Haakonsen and its pretty extreme.

I also watched the biathlon earlier, phenomenal stuff wasn't it.

Last edited:
I'm currently watching sports from Norway. Not live obviously, but "Jeremy Jones Further"and this episode is in Norway. He's with Terje Haakonsen and its pretty extreme.

I also watched the biathlon earlier, phenomenal stuff wasn't it.
HÃ¥konsen is a snowboard legend. A bit nerdy, though. Biathlon is one of the most exciting tv sports I know. The shooting is very decisive and nervy. Depends on a good tv production though. Today the production was okay. And the result brilliant :icon_bigg

Sort off, but we need more more more!!!!

How about this one. We've got one point less than we had in 2009 at this stage of the season, but we've won one game more.

Or, we have six points more than we had at this stage in 2003 when we last got promoted to the Premier League.

The previous time we went up in 1996, at this stage we had forty four points, twenty three fewer than now.

Erm, what about this one. We've won the same number of games as we did in the entire 1979/80 season. This was the last time we won the title in this league. We're also only four goals shy of the total scored that season.

Or, today's was our 1159th draw in league football.

How about this one. We've got one point less than we had in 2009 at this stage of the season, but we've won one game more.

Or, we have six points more than we had at this stage in 2003 when we last got promoted to the Premier League.

The previous time we went up in 1996, at this stage we had forty four points, twenty three fewer than now.

Erm, what about this one. We've won the same number of games as we did in the entire 1979/80 season. This was the last time we won the title in this league. We're also only four goals shy of the total scored that season.

Or, today's was our 1159th draw in league football.
lovely stuff!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670