Post Match Leicester 2 Birmingham 1

Huge goal from Mavididi. Say what you want about him but more often than not when you're looking at us lacking ideas at how to break opponents down, he's the one you're hoping can provide that little bit of spark to do it and what an important day to do it on today with other results going our way.....

Nice little cameo from Yunus and Praet at the end as well.

Christ, it would be really nice to go things a little bit easier wouldn’t it?

I had to leave at HT to collect my son but managed to watch it on the iPad. I thought we were fantastic in the second half and everyone put in a real shift. Even Daka looked a bit more like an actual footballer. Vardy found it tough when he came on and Fatawu was so frustrating when time after time after time he over-hit his pass to Ndidi but we played some lovely football.

KDH was exceptional throughout as was Vestergaard who made some fantastic challenges, passed the ball really well and even attacked with skill but Mavididi deserves to plaudits today. Yes, for the goal, but he was a problem for Birmingham all game and he tried to create something every single time he went forward.

Watched until the last 20 as I had to pick my lad up from watching Bury. Thought we looked far superior without enough of a cutting edge. I thought Justin did well when he came on. I wonder if Doyle was injured? The 88th minute winner is a massive boost, particularly considering the results for Ipswich and Leeds. Some very big games to come.

To add, the referee was bloody awful.

Atmosphere at the ground was also much better today. My brother’s first football match at 67 and he thoroughly enjoyed it

That was the third time we've played, and beaten, Birmingham this season and the third different manager setting them up differently. I thought Rowett did a good job.

They set up to have a go which surprised me and appeared to do the same for EM and his staff. We didn't really get to grips with their system today at all and, just when we seemed to, Rowett changed it again.

We worked hard but the creativity was missing once again. Both wingers didn't have enough when they got the ball. Fatawu was woeful and should have been taken off way earlier. Akgun did much better in his cameo.

Vestergaard was excellent, as was Justin in the second half. I don't know what Doyle did wrong in the first half to get hooked mind. Winks and Ricardo made us tick as usual.

Ndidi looked like an old man again. Just as against Norwich, as soon as the clock hit the hour his energy evaporated. He still has quality about him when he can run but it's no longer sustained. He's been a fine servant to the club for more than 7 years but I think his best days are long gone.

At this stage of the season, performances are irrelevant. All that matters is the result. It was all a bit tense towards the end until we finally got the winner. No thanks to Vardy who stank the place out when he came on.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463