Post Match Leicester 2 Blackpool 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having watched that, I can confirm that Beckford looked sharp.......

Bamba didn't do an awful lot wrong for the 90 minutes, made some typical interceptions and dominated in the air. Young kept saying how unsure he is and he has 4 or 5 moments a match where he could cost us, which is utter bollocks. The Bambino stepped under a long ball near the end which was duly mopped up with ease but Young lost it and started banging on about how St Ledger is the best centre half we have. He comes across as a bit of a tit most of the time.

Basically he doesn't like Bamba because he's a footballer?

Young doesn't like Bamba because he's black. Any player he refers to as 'Mr' something is someone he doesn't like. Co-incidentally, he refers to most of our black players as 'Mr'.

Last edited:

Absoutely. In Young's day, a defender hit the ball as hard and as far away from his own penalty box as was humanly possible. Any more, he was a show off putting the team in danger. Sometimes I read people's comments about football matches and despair at the fact that they seemingly believe that football began in 1998, but with Young, you get the sense that he thinks it ended well before that.

Last edited:
Bamba didn't do an awful lot wrong for the 90 minutes, made some typical interceptions and dominated in the air. Young kept saying how unsure he is and he has 4 or 5 moments a match where he could cost us, which is utter bollocks. The Bambino stepped under a long ball near the end which was duly mopped up with ease but Young lost it and started banging on about how St Ledger is the best centre half we have. He comes across as a bit of a tit most of the time.

Alan Young is a cretin. He's also not particularly fond of Neil Danns (who incidentally I thought also did well today when he came on). Far from the worst, Bamba is the best center back we have. Just as committed as Mills when getting in some important blocks, deceptively quick and great close control plus good in the air. He fecked up a bit in one instance towards the end but it didn't cause any real problems, seemed to misjudge the bounce of the ball.

And rather a good one at that.

Alan Young has his opinions, I doubt they'll change over the cause of the season. Another moment when Beckford had four defenders around him, about 20 yards out and not much time or support. He does what any striker at any standard would do and took a decent swipe at it, sending it a few yards wide. This was the cue for Young to start bleating on about how selfish Beckford is and that he doesn't understand how to use his team mates, and he moaned about nearly everything he did from there on in.

Alan Young is a cretin. He's also not particularly fond of Neil Danns (who incidentally I thought also did well today when he came on). Far from the worst, Bamba is the best center back we have. Just as committed as Mills when getting in some important blocks, deceptively quick and great close control plus good in the air. He fecked up a bit in one instance towards the end but it didn't cause any real problems, seemed to misjudge the bounce of the ball.

Hmm, Neil Danns is black as well. Mixed race - but I'm sure that's enough for Young to have an instant distrust of me.

Young doesn't like Bamba because he's black. Any player he refers to as 'Mr' something is someone he doesn't like. Co-incidentally, he refers to most of our black players as 'Mr'.

When he says 'Mr', it's actually secret code for 'sambo'. To be fair though, Sambo Bamba could be a bit of a tonguetwister so it's understandable that he uses 'Mr' instead

There are lots of people who don't like Bamba (I'm not one btw). To say that that makes them racist is a bit of a cheap shot.

Alan Young is NOT racist.

Agreed. He's neither racist nor stupid. He's simply old fashioned in his outlook of what players in specific positions should do. He bases the modern game on the pragmatics he was taught some years ago. Not a particularly heinous crime, but if you are going to put yourself on the radio in a position of critique it would be sensible to at least pretend that you are happy to move with the times.

Last edited:
Absoutely. In Young's day, a defender hit the ball as hard and as far away from his own penalty box as was humanly possible. Any more, he was a show off putting the team in danger. Sometimes I read people's comments about football matches and despair at the fact that they seemingly believe that football began in 1998, but with Young, you get the sense that he thinks it ended well before that.

Football was around long before 1998, everyone up here in Tyneside knows full well it was invented in 1992.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669