Post Match Leicester 2 Cardiff 1

Brown Nose

I thought we played our best football of the season in the first half at times. It was still 50% monotonous drivel but at times the play was incisive and exciting.

Second half we were awful. The goal from Ramsey clearly affected both teams and we really didn't get going. I thought Cardiff were going to go on to win it but they blew their chance and we nicked it.

Hermansen was, again, very shaky at times but great in possession. I thought the back three were poor. Vestergaard was dreadful whenever he had to defend and Doyle once again was absent from the left side too often. Faes was okay but his passing was poor.

Ricardo and Winks did fine. Ndidi was our best player until he went off. No idea why he was pulled. Dewsbury-Hall was absolutely awful. After being great against Cov he was back to his 22/23 worst. Awful positioning, awful decision making, awful passing.

Wanya was garbage again. Obviously a wonderful strike but he had so much space and time on the right wing and did nothing with it. Mavididi is a strange one. Sometimes excellent, sometimes he appears completely disinterested in the game.

Iheanacho did well and was unlucky with his shot that hit the post. Vardy came on and made a key difference. Casadei looked composed and I liked his confidence when scoring and celebrating. He appears to have a bit about him.

Three wins and three games we could just as easily have lost. Weird start but will gladly take it.

popillius

Well, it was hopeless at times but we keep on winning. I don't think Vestegaard was that poor; nothing like as poor as Faes anyhow, although Faes did make a fantastic block to stop a certain goal. In truth, neither should be first choice. Mavididi looked like a wish.com Diabate at times but I do like him and he does cause trouble. The same can be said of Marcal; again, pretty shite for the most part but took his goal well.

We were better when Vardy came on; it gave them something more to think about and they didn't like his movement in behind the defence.

Doyle played some lovely stuff today but he leaves us short at the back too many times when he comes forward.

We have a lot of work to do and we were lucky that Cardiff had such laughable duffers playing up front but I'm enjoying it a lot at the moment.

pork pie fox

Mavididi is interested when he’s got the ball, but looks like he couldn’t give a shit when he hasn’t got it. He took a corner in the first half and then the ball broke out to Winks outside the box. He rolled it to Mavididi who had ambled and walked back a bit from the corner flag and thus, as he wasn’t really paying attention to what was going on, was offside. I like the fact that he wants to do something positive when he’s got the ball, but jeez he’s frustrating to watch without it.

Faes was shocking in the second half and it was embarrassing watching Vestergaard try to chase their bloke when he was clear through.

Overall you can see what we’re trying to do and it’s going to take time. Fortunately we’re winning, so it’s taking a bit of pressure off while we do it. My biggest complaint is that I know it’s a tactical thing to build up slowly, but you’ve still got to do it right. Lazy passes, or KDH failing to control a ball put us under unnecessary pressure. We sometimes make the simple things look difficult, as if we’re not actually switched on.

H T B

Could have been out of sight by half time, could have lost it , went on to win it.

It's a funny ol' game, Saint!

Brown Nose

I think you both need to have some patience with Marcal.

He's not a baby. He'll be 21 in a couple of months. He's older than someone like Kristiansen who we don't have any problem with judging.

I get that he lacks first team experience and would probably benefit from a loan. However, if he's in the team we have to treat as we find.

That right wing has been a parade of dross since Mahrez left in 2018. Marcal is not any different.

Miles Away

He's not a baby. He'll be 21 in a couple of months. He's older than someone like Kristiansen who we don't have any problem with judging.

I get that he lacks first team experience and would probably benefit from a loan. However, if he's in the team we have to treat as we find.

That right wing has been a parade of dross since Mahrez left in 2018. Marcal is not any different.
Yes and he smacked in a belter in his second start.

He’s going to get a lot longer than two matches before I judge him.

popillius

Yes and he smacked in a belter in his second start.

He’s going to get a lot longer than two matches before I judge him.
I don't think either of us are judging him with any finality, we are commenting on his performance game by game. He hasn't been great in either, despite scoring a very good goal today.

The kid is working his socks off but he hasn't been anything better than 'okay' so far. I hope he gets better the more he plays but it's going to take a lot of hard graft and a lot of time for him to improve to the level we really require of him. It could happen, but at 21 it might not. Time will tell.

Miles Away

In reality me and old Brownie are going to be at loggerheads all season. I can tell.

I’m absolutely thrilled with the start and was excited to watch Leicester play today for the first time in ages.

We’ve had goals from Mavididi, Marcal and Casadei. All making debuts under the new bloke.

He’s made it very clear to some of these players from last year to **** right off, which I endorse.

We’ve won our first four games after an absolutely shit preseason, trying to install a new system, with our big CB signing injured and the stink of some of last years shit still around the place.

We look fitter and are scoring late goals that I’m used to us conceding.

I see very very very little to be upset about so far.

pork pie fox

In reality me and old Brownie are going to be at loggerheads all season. I can tell.

I’m absolutely thrilled with the start and was excited to watch Leicester play today for the first time in ages.

We’ve had goals from Mavididi, Marcal and Casadei. All making debuts under the new bloke.

He’s made it very clear to some of these players from last year to **** right off, which I endorse.

We’ve won our first four games after an absolutely shit preseason, trying to install a new system, with our big CB signing injured and the stink of some of last years shit still around the place.

I see very very very little to be upset about so far.
I’m not upset at all, but it’s a tough watch at times and it’s ok to say that. I also understand that he’s trying to change a lot and that will take time, so I’m grateful that the wins will hopefully allow him time to be able to do that.

Miles Away

I’m not upset at all, but it’s a tough watch at times and it’s ok to say that. I also understand that he’s trying to change a lot and that will take time, so I’m grateful that the wins will hopefully allow him time to be able to do that.
It’s fits and starts, no doubt. I thought we were pretty excellent in the first half.

I also think we are lacking a creative force. Hoping that comes in the window.

SilverFox

I don't think either of us are judging him with any finality, we are commenting on his performance game by game. He hasn't been great in either, despite scoring a very good goal today.

The kid is working his socks off but he hasn't been anything better than 'okay' so far. I hope he gets better the more he plays but it's going to take a lot of hard graft and a lot of time for him to improve to the level we really require of him. It could happen, but at 21 it might not. Time will tell.
After his goal his tail was up and he looked dangerous… sadly it didn’t last long.

popillius

Beg to differ:

“That right wing has been a parade of dross since Mahrez left in 2018. Marcal is not any different.”
He hasn't been much different though, in the games he has played. He may get better, hopefully he will, but I'm not particularly excited by anything we've seen so far. I hope the kid does well, I really.do.

homer

Should be talking about how superb Ndidi was, not how bad Marcal was ( and he really wasn’t bad at all)

His best game in a City shirt for years, and criminal that he was hooked instead of KDH, who was total and utter dogfilth

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663