Post Match Leicester 2 Crystal Palace 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I'm right and you're all wrong.

You are missing the key part of the rule: "Encroachment by players that has a direct impact on the outcome of the kick".

If the encroachment doesn't affect what happens, referees and VAR ignore it. Always. Encroachment happens at just about every penalty. They're not all ordered to be retaken are they?

Honesty, you lot are a right bunch of thicko's. I don't know why I bother with you I really don't.

I feel that this poll has completely lost any merit - it's been open way too long. It's like having a general election that runs for several months and allows voters to change their mind. A poll should be used to produce a point in time reflection of sentiment across a population. Now, if it was possible to look at the history of the poll, and query point in time sentiment, that would be useful, but as far as I can see, that's not possible. Webbo? Any way to do that?

You are missing the key part of the rule: "Encroachment by players that has a direct impact on the outcome of the kick".

If the encroachment doesn't affect what happens, referees and VAR ignore it. Always. Encroachment happens at just about every penalty. They're not all ordered to be retaken are they?

Honesty, you lot are a right bunch of thicko's. I don't know why I bother with you I really don't.

That is the instruction relating to what VAR can intervene on - but that’s not the Law of the game

Well I’m gonna disagree with you, but you might also be qualified.

Even if what you've said is true, that's not the rule.

Otherwise why don't all players just stand inside the box?

Encroachment isn't an offence in itself. The reason the penalty had to be retaken was because Soyuncu was inside the area when the penalty was taken and then cleared the ball following the save from Schmeichel.

If a player encroaches and then affects what happens, there is an offence. So if on the second penalty, if a Palace player had encroached and then scored the follow up instead of Zaha, it would have been ruled out.

Lots of people seem confused by this quite simple rule. I even saw some people showing images from the Arsenal penalty the other week where an Arsenal player was a couple of yards inside the penalty area when the ball was struck. Because he's not influencing what happens it's not going to be looked at.
You do write some cock.

That is the instruction relating to what VAR can intervene on - but that’s not the Law of the game

A law only matters if it is imposed. If the law says I cannot encroach but I encroach every time without being penalised, is it a law?

If the law says I cannot attend a party and I attend a party and say I didn't attend a party, I get away with it unless VAR intervenes and shows me at a party.

A law only matters if it is imposed. If the law says I cannot encroach but I encroach every time without being penalised, is it a law?

If the law says I cannot attend a party and I attend a party and say I didn't attend a party, I get away with it unless VAR intervenes and shows me at a party.

No you are getting things confused

One is the Law of the game - the referee MUST rule the penalty be retaken (if he sees it)

The other is what the VAR johnnies are allowed to call up to the ref as a clear and obvious error

So in the second penalty, the ref didn’t call it back as he didn’t see it (cis he’s a hopeless twat). But the VAR nobhead couldn’t do anything about it as it doesn’t constitute a clear and obvious error of it doesn’t affect the goal

Show me
https://www.thefa.com/football-rule...laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick

No you are getting things confused

One is the Law of the game - the referee MUST rule the penalty be retaken (if he sees it)

The other is what the VAR johnnies are allowed to call up to the ref as a clear and obvious error

So in the second penalty, the ref didn’t call it back as he didn’t see it (cis he’s a hopeless twat). But the VAR nobhead couldn’t do anything about it as it doesn’t constitute a clear and obvious error of it doesn’t affect the goal

I'm not confused, I understand exactly what you're saying. It's just not what happens though.

Another example is the rule that players should be booked for diving. Diving happens every game and there are very few bookings dished out. Referees apply the rule when it's obvious and blatant, not every time it happens. Same thing happens with encroachment.

Referees interpret the laws in sensible ways. If every law was applied to the letter, the game would be unwatchable.

I bet that retaken penalty caused havoc for the xG stats.

I'm not confused, I understand exactly what you're saying. It's just not what happens though.

Another example is the rule that players should be booked for diving. Diving happens every game and there are very few bookings dished out. Referees apply the rule when it's obvious and blatant, not every time it happens. Same thing happens with encroachment.

Referees interpret the laws in sensible ways. If every law was applied to the letter, the game would be unwatchable.
That could be applied to many situations though. "Foul or abusive language" is never used at professional level in the same way that it is at amateur level, for example. It doesn't mean that it's right, though.

Isn't encroachment an absolute? Just like offside it can't be debated. I thought Brown Nose loved VAR for its absolutes.

Are all penalties worth 0.76? I'm sure I read that there is one xG company out there that aggregates multiple chances from a single passage of play, so as to avoid this obvious error.

Where does 0.76 come from? Surely more than 80% of penalties go in first time?

Where does 0.76 come from? Surely more than 80% of penalties go in first time?
At time of writing (January 6, 2021), 1,894 out of 2,278 penalties awarded in Premier League history have been scored, equating to a success rate of 83.14 per cent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566