Post Match Leicester 2 Everton 2

Totally agree. Yesterday was the day that we lost our chance to stay up in my opinion. What a terrible game full of ineptitude from players that are better than that.

Whatever happens, I’m going to be very happy never to see Maddison, Tielemans, Barns and Daka play for us again. And I know the first three are (should be?!) our best players. But they can really go do one.

Totally agree. Yesterday was the day that we lost our chance to stay up in my opinion. What a terrible game full of ineptitude from players that are better than that.

Whatever happens, I’m going to be very happy never to see Maddison, Tielemans, Barns and Daka play for us again. And I know the first three are (should be?!) our best players. But they can really go do one.
If they all go then three of those omissions from our side will go on to bite you squarely on the arse until said derrière bleeds.

Now the dust has settled, did i hear the commentator say Mahrez was there?
I don't know about Mahrez but the Birch brought Shinji onto to pitch at halftime.

And I stand by it. We’re in a massive scrap. 1 point separating 4 teams who are all fighting for their lives. We have a better goal difference than all the others which is obviously worth a point - and we probably haven’t got the worse fixtures left to play out of the 4. It’s not great that we’re there but all of the others are in the same boat and we are by no means doomed yet. I wouldn’t swap places with any of those other teams fighting.
I think you mean that 3 teams are fighting for their lives and the other is wriggling a bit. You know, like something in its death throes.
And our goal difference is worth just half a point; it will never bring us level with a team that has one point more.

A sad truth after last night was that I felt all of the players absolutely gave it their all. I don't think you could question the workrate or desire from the players.

And yet we could still only get a draw from the team 19th in the league, and relied heavily on our keeper to even keep it to a draw.

I think that game and the Leeds game should see off any notion of "we're too good to go down" (which I haven't seen on here to be fair) or "we've got enough quality in this side to keep us up" (far more commonly said).

We don't - the effort and endeavour has been there since Smith came in at least, but we still can't beat the other bad teams in this league.

The players confidence and fitness is shot which doesn't help - but sadly we're not showing we're any better than where we currently are in the league. We just have to hope we can fluke or grind out a win and a draw from the remaining 4 games somehow, and that's enough to keep us above at least 2 of the 3 teams below us (ignoring).

relied heavily on our keeper to even keep it to a draw.
Didn't we though. It was the best performance I've seen from him so far, really really impressive. I shudder to think what the score would have been with Ward - though the ball boys (were there any girls?) would have had less of a workout.

Smith deserves some credit - so far at least, he's made us a bit harder to beat.

In 4 games, we've only lost to Man City. Considering we've lost 20 games this season - more than anyone other than Southampton - then going 3 games unbeaten shouldn't be ignored.

Smith deserves some credit - so far at least, he's made us a bit harder to beat.

In 4 games, we've only lost to Man City. Considering we've lost 20 games this season - more than anyone other than Southampton - then going 3 games unbeaten shouldn't be ignored.

Nah, not having that as a massive positive

Everton and Leeds have been complete and utter shite recently, and have been roundly whooped by everyone home and away.

Two draws from those two games is wank

Didn't we though. It was the best performance I've seen from him so far, really really impressive. I shudder to think what the score would have been with Ward - though the ball boys (were there any girls?) would have had less of a workout.
our GK made 2 immense saves and a couple he should have made that Ward wouldn’t have done in a million years.

Their keeper saved a penalty and made one other very good save.

I made it evens on important saves but Iversen had the more impressive saves.

Agreed. Any new manager wasn’t going to come in and have us winning every other game, we are too “shot” for that to happen.

Taking Man City as a free hit in the circumstances, we have 5 points from 3 games.

Prior to that (and again putting Man City to one side) we had 25 points from 29 games.

Therefore:

Currently: 1.66 points per game
****: 0.86 points per game

We have improved and anyone who thinks Brendan would have done better is misguided, we were on a downward trajectory with one point from 27, and I had a greater chance of shagging Marilyn Munro than **** Face hitting another vein of form (REMEMBER- we have only had one all season).

Anyone who also thinks that the teams around us weren’t going to battle till they dropped are equally misguided.

We are in the shit, we have been in the shit pretty much all season but I remain positive. We need to do well at Fulham to start with but until it is mathematically impossible for us to survive I wish to believe that we still can.

We are Leicester City and as fans we ALWAYS have the right to be optimistic.

A few interesting things that Smith & Co. have assessed that I think has seen improvements:

1. Soyuncu is better than most other options
2. Daka is better than Tete on the wing
3. KDH isn't all that
4. Vardy is far from finished
5. Iversen is better than Ward

Whilst I don't want to simply repeat the rhetoric, you have to question a bunch of the previous lot for some very questionable decisions.

It's not easy playing teams who face up believing they have to and can win against you. The desire shown by Everton was huge last night. My hope is that the likes of Fulham and Wet Spam aren't as bothered. They will have the quality, but hopefully, our desire will pull us through.

Yep. Getting rid of our two top scorers this season would be fantastic news.

Get a ****ing grip.

My highlight last night was chatting to these two lads from Burnley:

Hopefully people saw them doing their challenge at half time, but they came into the lounge we sit in before the match and they were both absolute stars. They spoke so well and I can't say enough about how impressive they were.

We are still very much alive, I feel more optimistic now than I have at any point this season.

I know that sounds crazy, but there is at least a level of practicality and fight now that has been plainly missing all season long. Any suggestion that Rodgers would have us doing better is just…wrong.

It’s obvious Smith isn’t the long term answer. But this side looks a LOT more lively than at any point this season.

To Alex’s point there have been sensible changes. What a relief to see Iversen, Soyuncu, Soumare and Vardy playing well.

We can stay up. We are unbeaten in 3 against our rivals at the bottom. Vardy is scoring, our keeper is in red hot form and we have, broadly speaking our best 11 on the pitch.

We can do this! A win against Fulham would go a long way.

Just as a little side note, our new recruitment guru brought in three players in the January window and none of them started.
Are you implying that the recruitment bloke we got from the side currently rock bottom of the league might not be the best hire the club has ever made?

Tbf, he didn't have a lot of cash to play with, and probably fek all time to get players in, and fek all choice. Beggars and choosers and all that.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463