Post Match Leicester 2 Leeds 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
A decent (and vital) three points against a team that I thought would cause us far more than they did. Having said that, so bereft is the confidence in us that I would've feared if the Leeds chance at the beginning of the second half had gone in that we would be struggling to get any points.

Soumare is frustrating isn't he? If he had the speed of mind of Mendy then he would be one hell of a player - at times looks like a really slick midfielder but more often than not would make a play (tackle, pass) which might not work and then spend split seconds thinking as opposed to moving! Clearly talented, but needs to sharpen massively.

Praet was absolutely superb for 55 mins I thought, aggressive, agile, and strong in the tackle, Firpo (I think) was terrified of losing the ball to him, massive contribution to both goals too. Simply has to play more, has to.

But a few words of praise to Youri Tielemans who was ridiculously good, ridiculous. Enjoy people, he won't be here for long I fear, but he really is a top player. And Danny Ward, good performance.

Onwards, a win at Wolves and maybe, just maybe we can turn this season around.

Thanks for the memories Jamie... Legend always, but...

It is. And it used to be Håland but the å wasn’t international enough, so he changed his name.
As did Pontus, I believe. I suspect the absolute reason though is the remoteness of the overring from most keyboards.

Leeds were poor, but that was also down to us nullifying them. We had identified their threats and kept them quiet, and for the most part we denied them any space. We were also very good at breaking the press, to the point that as the game went on they largely gave up trying.

Ward did well with what he had to do, the saves he had to make you would expect a goalkeeper to make, but he was quick off his line and distributed well.

Faes was excellent, and made it look easy. His positioning was spot on.

Youri, Castagne and Praet worked really well together down the right, especially in the first half. Having a presence on both wings was instrumental in that performance. It meant we were not being overrun because their wide players had some defending to do, and the defence was stretched which gave Barnes a bit more space. This was the biggest difference to the performance and the result IMO.

Add Madison to that team for KDH and we could get something going.

Vardy the only disappointment for me. All night he had that stance like he was about to run, but rarely did. He wasn't even trying to get involved most of the time. Attitude or energy I don't know, but he needs to do more.

Vardy the only disappointment for me. All night he had that stance like he was about to run, but rarely did.
I'd watch the game again if I were you. He made some excellent runs. His forward play was brilliant at times and the Leeds defence were frightened to death of him. His touch for our second was sublime.

I'd watch the game again if I were you. He made some excellent runs. His forward play was brilliant at times and the Leeds defence were frightened to death of him. His touch for our second was sublime.
More often it was KDH that was the furthest forward and making runs while Vardy was hanging back.

Soumare is the one that puzzles me: he's young, has played quite a bit this season but still only lasts 60 minutes - and, I'm not criticising BR; Soumare always starts to look 'leggy' as the hour mark approaches.

Soumare is the one that puzzles me: he's young, has played quite a bit this season but still only lasts 60 minutes - and, I'm not criticising BR; Soumare always starts to look 'leggy' as the hour mark approaches.
Our players all look several steps behind most of the PL. Major shortage of fitness.

I totally agree with Feriol. Vardy gave the ball away so many times with poor passes and woeful control. Several times they broke up field as a result and should have scored.

He and Justin are the weak links in that team.

Our players all look several steps behind most of the PL. Major shortage of fitness.
When we won the league we were praised for our conditioning, especially our recovery programs. Every individual was 'stress tested' after a game and their training was adjusted for the coming week. I remember Loughborough University providing staff/ students to help in the monitoring.

Does this still occur? The players look fatigued rather than unfit. Is it over training?

When we won the league we were praised for our conditioning, especially our recovery programs. Every individual was 'stress tested' after a game and their training was adjusted for the coming week. I remember Loughborough University providing staff/ students to help in the monitoring.

Does this still occur? The players look fatigued rather than unfit. Is it over training?

That was led by Matt Reeves, who is still at the club.

However, Rodgers brought his own man in to lead on this - Glen Driscoll - so Reeves was essentially demoted.

I'm amazed that Reeves hasn't gone elsewhere. He must be very committed to the club. It's a shame we've not really made the most of him.

Didn’t Vardy provide a sublime back heel flick in the set up of the second???
He did. He also turned a defender beautifully within the first 5 minutes and put in a brilliant ball. He also made some fantastic runs and drew defenders away time after time. He created loads of space and was a complete and total pain in the ass for their defence who panicked everytime he moved. Perhaps this didn't come across on the tellybox, but he was excellent for about 60 minutes until he ran completely out of steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566