Post Match Leicester 2 Stoke 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. I wasn't alone either. Each to their own but I wasn't impressed.
He tore them a new one over and over again.

His end product wasn't always ideal but he is terrifying to the opposition. With him on the opposite wing to Mahrez we have terrifyingly fast, two footed, goal scoring players that most teams would kill for.

Nope. I wasn't alone either. Each to their own but I wasn't impressed.
Are you honestly telling us that you were making comparisons between Gray and Schlupp without any irony at all? And you weren't the only one? Who the **** do you sit with and what time do you have to get them back to their own planets? I'm pretty sure most, and I mean most people will be waxing lyrical about Gray's performance. I grant you he's not the complete player yet but comparisons to Schlupp? I mean, really? Jesus H Corbett.

Come on yac, their keeper made some first class saves from Mahrez and Vardy, without him it would have been four or five nil.
Agree - their keeper gave them a small glimmer of hope of staying in the match. Would have been bit a nervy if Crouch's header at the end had been better directed, but we were by far the better side

They should have bought Crouch on way earlier for the ineffectual Walters as he was the only one who looked like scoring (he should have scored with that header) Arnautovic was pretty good throughout come to think of it - he usually is though. Their keeper was excellent today and had little to no chance with either strike. Barring his performance, it could have been 4 or 5.

What the bollock was I thinking in the pre-match thread when I suggested Berahino may make an effort. Chump. He was as shit today as he has been for the past 3 seasons or so. I know the square-root of **** all obviously.

Are you honestly telling us that you were making comparisons between Gray and Schlupp without any irony at all? And you weren't the only one? Who the **** do you sit with and what time do you have to get them back to their own planets? I'm pretty sure most, and I mean most people will be waxing lyrical about Gray's performance. I grant you he's not the complete player yet but comparisons to Schlupp? I mean, really? Jesus H Corbett.

I'd take Schlupp over Gray every time. All Gray does well is run fast and (at best) commit defenders. He doesn't score many and he creates very little for others. And his timing and choice of passing is terrible. There is no doubt that he has potential but I'm far from convinced by him yet. Today, he was allowed the freedom of the pitch by the utterly incompetent, overweight lump that is Glen Johnson. If Mahrez had been on that side, he'd have scored or created a hat-trick.

Today, we looked miles ahead of Stoke. N'Didi was the star of the show and a special mention for Okazaki who worked his socks off considering his travels over the last couple of weeks.

Stoke are a side full of egos, lumps and lazy bastards. I'd hate to support them.

Agree - their keeper gave them a small glimmer of hope of staying in the match. Would have been bit a nervy if Crouch's header at the end had been better directed, but we were by far the better side

That makes me smile!

You quote Borderfox in agreement, and he was querying my view... yet yours is exactly my view! Seems like we've gone full circle! ;)

I said in the match thread that had they have pulled one back, it could have been a nervy finish. We ought to have been out of sight, and but for their keeper would have been.

We were easily the better side but we didn't ever really push home our superiority. It wasn't just their keeper, we also made some poor choices with final passes or - more to the point - no pass. We could have been more incisive on occasions.

But I ain't complaining. I'm well pleased with the result.

Last edited:
We were miles better than them in every single way

Simpson and Huth were outstanding. Ozazaki not far behind them

But the stand out player, again, was Ndidi. He really is a super little player

Gray was a bit meh, for me, as was Drinkwater.

Stoke were complete shite

I'd take Schlupp over Gray every time. All Gray does well is run fast...

I stopped reading after this sentence. You've clearly been drinking heavily. Go and have a nap, watch the highlights of today's game later and then post again when reality bites.

Reactions: FIF
I stopped reading after this sentence. You've clearly been drinking heavily. Go and have a nap, watch the highlights of today's game later and then post again when reality bites.

Says the man who thought Berahino would make an effort. Pair of possible smackheeds you two.

Says the man who thought Berahino would make an effort. Pair of possible smackheeds you two.
True. What the **** was I thinking? Still not as mental as thinking Schlupp was anywhere near the same universe as Gray as a footballer.

Gray still flatters to deceive for me, but he was a handful today.

Ndidi is ****ing ace and his job is made easier by the work Shinji put in. Okazaki has been immense since he returned to the side.

Riyad struggled a wee bit. Surprised he lasted the 90.

Win on Tuesday and wrap everyone in cotton wool and play the u21s against Everton please.

• Leicester had 10 shots on target against Stoke; their most in a Premier League game since 2003-04.

Bit of a dull game really :102:

Is Gray really being compared to Schlupp!

Wow poor guy. Schlupp basically was fast and that was about it. He had little skill, end product and constantly failed to live up to his potential.

Gray is skillful, fast, has a great shot. He's by no means the finished product and hopefully he will improve (and not go the way of Schlupp). But he's already showed me this season that he has enough to be a real force in the premiership in the next few years.

OK, I'm going to make a comparison; I'm wearing my tin hat and expecting a lot of flak. Here goes, Ndidi is the best striker of a ball from 25 plus yards or 20 plus metres ( if your vote was yes) since Sir Bobby Charlton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566