Post Match Leicester 2 Swansea 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYC Fox

Musa could have finished it in the last seconds.

Not a bad performance but the nerves at the end seemed unnecessary, I thought we should have put it to bed before then. Even so, 3 points, Vardy scored and so we're finally off!

Cate Fox

Good job we didnt play Hernandez in the midfield eh? :D Amartey did well; Mahrez a little out of the game but the flashes of brilliance are starting to appear. Thank the lawd Vardy has scored, hope its the start of many more. Happy with the performance considering the horrible conditions :041:

FIF

We should have won 4-0.

The weather was atrocious and Mahrez cannot miss penalties. I think it'll be Vardy to take them again now.

Drinky was fabulous, not as good in the second half but clearly should be the centre of the England team next week.

Amartey was great too.

TornadoShaunUK

Mahrez at least needs to think about changing his penalty style - just ****en hit it hard mate. Had a bad game today but still can't fault his effort, was putting in the defensive miles and giving it a go - sometimes it just isn't your day. Over all it was a great performance which descended into squeaky bum time at the end. Got to admire Amartey's performance there, shades of Kante in breaking up the play and some great passing from him too. Even better than Mendy who I thought was looking okay up until his unfortunate injury against Arsenal.

Borderfox

Amartey was getting some stick when the team was announced, but he certainly answered his critics. Well done that man.

TornadoShaunUK

I don't see why. He's done defensive midfield before, King has a tendency to go missing all too often IMO and we know he's a midfielder that prefers to drift forward. I don't think he works hard enough when we're not in posession. Drinkwater and Amartey were the key today but the performance from the whole team was very good. I think we can discount the last 15 minutes or so as the conditions were god awful and it was nice to see us hold on after a few things went against us (penalty miss, Kasper going off and the weather)...

Reactions: FIF

Micky

The last 10 minutes were horrible and we should have never been in that position. Mahrez was very poor and his penalty was complete wank. Drinkwater and Amartey were superb but Okazaki was fabulous.

Reactions: FIF

Miles Away

Excellent from Amartey, Simpson, Okazaki and Huth.

Great finish from Vardy.

Thought Fuchs had some dodgy moments. Wouldn't be surprised if he is on a short leash with Chilwell knocking about.

Joe_Fox

Amartey's performance today was awesome. Drinkwater too. Thought Mahrez did some good defensive work today. Vardy should take penalties from now on. Hope Kasper is ok but thought Zieler did well so not too worried. Happy. Thanks

FIF

Schmeichel 6.5
Simpson 7
Morgan 7.5
Huth 7
Fuchs 6
Drinkwater 8
Amartey 8
Mahrez 5
Albrighton 6.5
Vardy 7
Okazaki 7

Zieler 6
Ulloa 5.5
Musa 6

Mike - True Blue Tinter

Good job we didnt play Hernandez in the midfield eh? :D Amartey did well; Mahrez a little out of the game but the flashes of brilliance are starting to appear. Thank the lawd Vardy has scored, hope its the start of many more. Happy with the performance considering the horrible conditions :041:

We will not know until we play him, but Amartey played very well and if we do not get Szosni in I will be very happy with Amartey starting.

FOX Franks

Wow, we made that look hard work. Initial thoughts, Vardy, Okazaki and Amartey all had great games. Drinkwater's assist for Vardy was classic them, beautiful.

Mahrez looks a shade or two off the pace and should not be taking penalties. Would bet a large amount that Musa would have finished that if the conditions weren't so awful, he slid about 10 yds after striking it.

First 60/70 minutes though - excellent.

Also didn't think we deserved to concede. So nice having Huth back, he gives Wes so much confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669