Post Match Leicester 2 Tottenham 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will take some time to reflect but I think our assault on the top 4 might be over.

We have players reaching the end of their time at the top level and others who will actually want to play at the top level which means not here.

Throwing the CL away once is one thing, doing it twice is different.

BN has always said we're punching above our weight, we'll I think we will struggle to do it again.

Go balls out for the EL in my oponion, it's the only way we'll dine at the top table again.

This isn’t excusing today’s defeat, we had it in our hands and I’m as gutted as anyone .

but the fact is for the past few weeks we’ve not been a top four side in quality.

Love him but Albrighton shouldn’t be a starter in a top four side. Neither should Thomas, yet. without Evans our centre defence hasn’t been top four. Our attacking options from the bench have been Perez, and a woefully out of form Maddison or Ricardo. No idea what has happened to Praet.

The only part of our team that has been top four quality over the spring has been Wilf and Youri.

said this before, but the last two seasons just reinforce what a miracle 2016 and our fitness levels were a huge part of that as we didn’t need to rely on Amartey, Gray, Marcin or Dyer.

Oh and yes we lost silly games all season long. So did all the other teams in the league. Let’s not pretend we were the only ones doing it and that makes us bottlers.
Nobody has said we were the only ones who lost silly games. But that doesn’t change the fact that we did. And we’ve done it for the second year in a row.

I actually would bin the EL off and go for top 4.
EL is a physically sapping horror of a competition without rewards unless you win it which takes a huge squad. CL on the other hand gives you £60m regardless of being dicked out of it early.
So you’d prefer to be in the fourth position in the league over having that FA cup then as well right?

Just back and haven't yet read responses. However, I have to say something.

I've watched every one of our games this season - 53 of them. This is the first time I've seen us in person and I'm in shock.

It is totally different when you're there and can see everything. What simply amazed me today was how completely unfit and knackered our players were.

Maddison, Ricardo, Vardy were the most obvious. They were like totally different players to those I saw back in March 2020. The pace of the game was okay but individually they were a mess. It was like watching a game in slow motion.

It made me reflect. We were a mess defensively but we were missing our best defender this season - Justin - our second best defender this season - Evans - and then our third best defender - Fofana - did his hamstring (which was already apparently dodgy). We cannot cope with such losses.

In midfield we lost our enforcer to the defence and it cost us a lot. We just didn't have any legs in midfield.

Iheanacho has papered over a total mess of a forward line this season. Vardy needs an operation or a lot of rest. Barnes shouldn't have missed this long. Under was a disaster. Maddison had two good months and the rest of the time he was injured, playing at half pace or poncing about like someone much better than he actually is.

In short, our medical and fitness set up was tested hugely this season and failed the manager and players badly. These players did an amazing job despite the odds. I'm totally gutted tonight because it was there on a plate for us. However, someone in the medical department dropped the fecking plate into a million pieces so it wasn't ever going to be solid enough.

Or we have a strength in depth problem that the ‘bigger’ clubs don’t have.

This is true. We do have players to play where we stuck players that shouldn't play. Spurs don't even have a manager right now either. It's been bottled, well and truly. I'd have taken 5th before the season started though.

Is it bottling it if you have a youth team player at left back, a right midfielder playing right wing back, your defensive midfielder forced to play centre back and your main striker and creative midfielder clearly carrying injuries?
Yes. Because they are all professional footballers. And despite blowing chance after chance to previously achieve their collective aim, they had 20 mins to play out and not concede a goal to achieve their aim. And they conceded three goals. And that’s with an experienced keeper with 63 international caps to his name. Three Premier League title winners. Two players who will likely be in the in the starting lineup at the Euros for the #1 ranked international team in the world.

Just back and haven't yet read responses. However, I have to say something.

I've watched every one of our games this season - 53 of them. This is the first time I've seen us in person and I'm in shock.

It is totally different when you're there and can see everything. What simply amazed me today was how completely unfit and knackered our players were.

Maddison, Ricardo, Vardy were the most obvious. They were like totally different players to those I saw back in March 2020. The pace of the game was okay but individually they were a mess. It was like watching a game in slow motion.

It made me reflect. We were a mess defensively but we were missing our best defender this season - Justin - our second best defender this season - Evans - and then our third best defender - Fofana - did his hamstring (which was already apparently dodgy). We cannot cope with such losses.

In midfield we lost our enforcer to the defence and it cost us a lot. We just didn't have any legs in midfield.

Iheanacho has papered over a total mess of a forward line this season. Vardy needs an operation or a lot of rest. Barnes shouldn't have missed this long. Under was a disaster. Maddison had two good months and the rest of the time he was injured, playing at half pace or poncing about like someone much better than he actually is.

In short, our medical and fitness set up was tested hugely this season and failed the manager and players badly. These players did an amazing job despite the odds. I'm totally gutted tonight because it was there on a plate for us. However, someone in the medical department dropped the fecking plate into a million pieces so it wasn't ever going to be solid enough.
We've looked knackered all season. I saw a miles put in or something....we're really low down. I put that down to passing about at the back for an hour of each game. I think it's the style more than anything. If we ran about then it'd be more like the Southampton 9-0 time....maybe we felt that burnt us out and we need to slow down?

I'm just pissed off, OK? I defy anyone to not understand why someone might be pissed off when this feels very much like having thrown away a good chance to get into the CL. How many chances have we binned? We got another today, almost out of the blue, and were 15 minutes away.

That there are reasons and consolations really isn't the point. It feels like having chucked it.

We've looked knackered all season. I saw a miles put in or something....we're really low down. I put that down to passing about at the back for an hour of each game. I think it's the style more than anything. If we ran about then it'd be more like the Southampton 9-0 time....maybe we felt that burnt us out and we need to slow down?
Playing in the EL ****s you up. The quicker we get out of it the better. Shit competition that brings little reward

Playing in the EL ****s you up. The quicker we get out of it the better. Shit competition that brings little reward

I was all for binning it off for this season. Next season i think we should prioritise it and settle for midtable as top 4 will be beyond us again. This is based on existing squad and manager btw.

I'm going to take this as motivation to get my own shit in order.

Time waits for no man and the big 6 won't wait for us again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566