Post Match Leicester 2 West Ham 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe BR could acknowledge that the way his teams start games has a knock on effect with the crowd?

It works both ways, we've been watching it for long enough at home to have the stuffing knocked out of us.

At least the players are being paid handsomely to perform.
Completely agree and that is why my post wasn’t in response to what you said.

We were okay ish for 10 mins then undone by a park goal (great finish though), we then shat ourselves and didn’t know how or why to go forward, they then gift us a goal just before h/t that I thought all in all we were fortunate to be level.

We came out very well second half with Maddison and Barnes being the pick of the bunch and with the crowd behind us should have been two goals clear which we all knew we needed.

The substitution although on paper looked correct, everyone know better and it immediately put us more on the back foot (we were already conceding too much ground and possession).

the inevitable then occurred.

It doesn’t sit comfortably with me but I have to say I would have taken a point before the game and based on our previous with this lot I am fairly happy with a draw, if not how it occurred.

"Once again, we looked unfit and chronically lacking in confidence. So many players were exhausted in the late stages of the game. Daka, Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes, Ndidi were all struggling to run. Fundamentally, if we can't physically compete for 90 minutes, we're pretty well ****ed this season."
Surely this is a pre season issue (probably skewed by COVID and a close back to back season) but we have looked unfit throughout the entire season?

I remember Gordon Strachan being interviewed about this and he was stating that if your players are fit they make less mistakes and close out opposition chances in the final throws of a game. NP and his team developed this understanding to a whole new level, not only does it help win games at the death but it is also a massive contributor to reducing injuries.

I wonder what has happened to our sports science at the club, I recant rumours of the bigger teams asking NP on his methods as they could see the utility in what we were doing.

Surely this is a pre season issue (probably skewed by COVID and a close back to back season) but we have looked unfit throughout the entire season?

I remember Gordon Strachan being interviewed about this and he was stating that if your players are fit they make less mistakes and close out opposition chances in the final throws of a game. NP and his team developed this understanding to a whole new level, not only does it help win games at the death but it is also a massive contributor to reducing injuries.

I wonder what has happened to our sports science at the club, I recant rumours of the bigger teams asking NP on his methods as they could see the utility in what we were doing.

To me, it is the single most obvious reason why our season has been poor. We had a shortened pre-season and not many games to get our fitness and sharpness up.

It was a result of the mess of the last two seasons and the Euros being stuck into the schedule so I do get why we felt that our players needed extended time off and an easier preparation.

But other teams had the same issues and seem to have managed it much better.

The first full season under BR was most notable for the pace of our play and amount of running we did. I think it made a big difference that year. Due to Covid, we couldn't do that in year two but everyone else had similar struggles so the drop off didn't show up so much. This year we aren't physically competitive and that has to be because we didn't prepare properly.

It has led to us playing a style that necessitates fast football to be effective with players incapable of sustaining it. So we have the 'pause' periods during matches where we pass around the back pointlessly because nobody is running. Fundamentally, it is just poor preparation followed up by poor management.

If you watch that again, all Vestergaard does is run into the area next to Amartey. He makes no attempt to go for the ball, he doesn't even jump which could put Dawson off.

Not great that Kasper is pissing himself either.

To be fair Vestergaard was standing right in front on him until the latter made the run into the space where Kasper could have gone into to deal with the cross. So Vestergaard ****ed up heading the ball and he also prevented Schmeichel from going for it as well.

To be fair Vestergaard was standing right in front on him until the latter made the run into the space where Kasper could have gone into to deal with the cross. So Vestergaard ****ed up heading the ball and he also prevented Schmeichel from going for it as well.
Because he’s a useless oaf of a footballer.

I remember Big 'arry talking about Peter Crouch. He said that the very tall players were never taught to jump properly when they were young as they didn't need to, they just relied on their height.

This may explain why we almost never see Vestergaard jump for a corner.

I remember Big 'arry talking about Peter Crouch. He said that the very tall players were never taught to jump properly when they were young as they didn't need to, they just relied on their height.

This may explain why we almost never see Vestergaard jump for a corner.
And here’s me thinking he was just shite.

Oh yes I remember that. He was then invited to re join the match!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566