Post Match Leicester 4 Aston Villa 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needed that. A bit of luck to get us ahead and restore some confidence then some swagger for a superbly worked goal.

Villa really were poor and proved to be the perfect team for us to be facing right now (I'm so pleased I was wrong!) Let's hope we can carry the momentum.

Vardy: "Their keeper said I was going down the middle... so I did". Gotta love the shithousery of him turning back to Reina and pointing to the middle.

His overall season in a shit team... The fact that he can take on players, can score goals and in our team where he would have less pressure he could be world's class. Oh and under the tutoring of one of the best managers in the country...
The last player we bought that had a good season in a shit team was 3.5m.

seriously - world class? Good, very good, but not worth 60m IMO

Villa were very, very poor, but we put them to the sword with some excellent performances.

We looked more aggressive than we usually do, which was good to see, Preat Justin and Albrighton are much more willing in that area than Tielemans, Chilwell and Perez and I think that gave us the edge we have been missing.

Ndidi was different class, made sure they didn't get a sniff which might have encouraged them. The best player for me, but Justin and Preat were close.

We paid £65m for Perez and Slimani. I'd swap them both and throw in a lump of cash for Grealish. Like I said, the market is ****ed.

We also bought Vardy for 1 million but it doesn't mean we are going to get anyone like that again.
I did say that he COULD become world class... He's still young and technically excellent, playing in midfield with his mate and with Ndidi covering the defensive work would allow him to do what he does best (and I don't mean falling down)

We also bought Vardy for 1 million but it doesn't mean we are going to get anyone like that again.
I did say that he COULD become world class... He's still young and technically excellent, playing in midfield with his mate and with Ndidi covering the defensive work would allow him to do what he does best (and I don't mean falling down)
He's got Manchester United written all over him.

Maddison was chatting to him in the second half. Maybe he was doing his best Pep impression and wooing him to join us.

Unfortunately I think you're right... However maybe just maybe a champion league season and Maddison staying at Leicester might just put us in the running.
I sincerely hope not.

I'm not a fan of Grealish. Goes missing in games when the going gets tough. Only thing I ever see him do is dive to 'win' free kicks. And Madison fills that role for us.

I wouldn't want any of the Villa players. I don't think they would improve us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566