Leicester 4 Barnsley 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking result, without playing at our best.
I think you can say all five goals scored on Sat were great goals and if it was not for their keeper at least two other screamers would have gone in.
One of them from Oakley, who I think needs to get a mention as I felt he was one of our best players along with Dyer when they came on.

Yakubu seemed to have a storming first couple of games but does not get mentioned much now. Is he still trying? Is he providing assists rather than taking goals himself?

Yakubu seemed to have a storming first couple of games but does not get mentioned much now. Is he still trying? Is he providing assists rather than taking goals himself?

You can not question his ability and the ball seems to stick to his feet. Has fantastic awareness (made space for Kings second by taking two defenders), rarely wastes a pass, but hardly ever closes down or chases anything when we do not have the ball. Thats his style and you know he might get a goal from nothing, but if it was not the Yak any other player would be getting a grilling for not putting in any effort.

He set up King's first- I think he probably hold the ball up a lot and that doesn't go unnoticed on this forum, where it probably would on others. I would guess that he was instrumental in giving each player today the space to get their goals- certainly with kingy's second you can see most of the defenders peel off to chase the Yak.

Whilst a few players may have been below parr, only 1 looked completely uninterested. That was Darius Vassell. He didn't look like he wanted to be there.
In the first half he never covered the run of their left back, leaving Naughton to cover 2 men more than once.
He did improve, slightly, in the second half, but when Dyer came on, it put more impetus into our general game.
Also, me and my mates had 4 - 1 at 22/1, so happy days:)

Whilst a few players may have been below parr, only 1 looked completely uninterested. That was Darius Vassell. He didn't look like he wanted to be there.
In the first half he never covered the run of their left back, leaving Naughton to cover 2 men more than once.
He did improve, slightly, in the second half, but when Dyer came on, it put more impetus into our general game.

Vassell has only looked good when he's been playing up top, when I've seen him on the right/left of the front three he's never done a huge amount.... Not seen every game though.

lucky fecker! so, what bet you putting on next satdee?

lucky fecker! so, what bet you putting on next satdee?

Truth is most games we have been to since City moved to the Walker's, we have had a "silly" bet.
This was the first time it has come up.

I did ask the bookies on odds of City scoring 4 goals or more, they only offered me 11/2 so didn't bother:icon_sad:, but hey 22/1 is a bit better:icon_bigg.

As for the Rams game, 3 - 0 minimum to the mighty Foxes (a word of warning you might have to wait another 8 years for me to get the score right again though :icon_lol:)

But what might have happened if the asst hadn't flagged for the off-side before their goal

It makes a change for us to get those sorts of decisions, It's usually the other way round.

I've just watched the highlights on Foxes Player and despite what we both thought at the time, it was definitlely offside.

It makes a change for us to get those sorts of decisions, It's usually the other way round.

I've just watched the highlights on Foxes Player and despite what we both thought at the time, it was definitlely offside.

Good job neither of us was running the line, eh?

Cracking result, without playing at our best.
I think you can say all five goals scored on Sat were great goals and if it was not for their keeper at least two other screamers would have gone in.
One of them from Oakley, who I think needs to get a mention as I felt he was one of our best players along with Dyer when they came on.

Now come on, no one is allowed to say stuff like that. Even I don't and I :049:him loads and loads.

Last edited:
Just watched the highlights...what a belter from Naughton!

Based on the 7 minutes of highlights I saw, Abe didn't quite look himself....but of course, very hard to evaulate with only the highlights. Gally looked quality every single time he touched the ball in the highlights too.

Just watched the highlights...what a belter from Naughton!

Based on the 7 minutes of highlights I saw, Abe didn't quite look himself....but of course, very hard to evaulate with only the highlights. Gally looked quality every single time he touched the ball in the highlights too.

Also, judging by the highlights, we appear to be scoring a goal less than every two minutes. Incredible stuff.

My photos from today - not as, ahem, interesting as BFs, and the exposure is crap (I tried to adjust the settings etc, but I think I was simply too far away for decent shots), which is a shame because there is one I would love.

blondes22.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670