Post Match Leicester 4 Huddersfield 1

Grim first half, but a cracking goal out of nothing opened the game up from there...

Strange second half. We were pretty excellent going forward but at the same time, the scoreline seems a bit harsh on Huddersfield. They got a goal, hit the bar and forced two great saves out of Hermansen and there were a couple other hair raising moments.

Still, Ipswich dropping another 2 pts against 10 men away at Stoke and Southampton held by Norwich makes it another great weekend for the foxes.

Ricky and winks were total class. Cannon looks stronger with each minute played. We were too much for Huddersfield today.

Really impressed with Cannon. Looks a very good, instinctive finisher. Showed excellent strength for the second goal and the first was a belting finish. Exciting player, possibly.

10 points clear of 2nd
13 points clear of 3rd
25 points clear of 7th
44 points clear of relegation

17 points clear of Leeds as a nice sidebar.

Our goal-difference compared to the other teams, also shows how far ahead we are.

We are +36
Ipswich are +15
Southampton +15
Leeds +20

Anyone know how many points Burnley had after 26 games last year - have we exceeded their points at this stage?

That first half was tough going, really - a ridiculously deep low block from the ‘udders which was incredibly hard to break down. Not helped by the awful Casadei and Yunus who were completely all over the place and horribly wasteful. Faes and Fatawu equally awful.

Thank **** for Harry Winks, who controlled absolutely everything, making up for those two idiots in front of him and helped gainfully by Ricardo.

Second half was different gravy - looked like Yunus was pushed right up almost into a number ten role, and he finally came up trumps. His movement was super in that second half - again very ably assisted by Ricardo, who was absolutely everywhere and should have scored three on his own.

Cannon looks good to me - two fabulously taken goals (plus the disallowed one) and his runs off the shoulder of the back line were equally impressive - pity we didn’t look to play him in more often, but that will come.

No idea what the **** happened after we went three up - a hopelessly shit piece of defending for their goal and we shat our pants for ten minutes. Was very odd - good that we recovered and took control again, but we could have easily conceded a second.

We are so incredibly superior to all of these teams, it’s unreal - what a ****ing job Maresca has done here - genuinely remarkable

Well, another very enjoyable experience. I thought Fatawu looked well off it in the first half. He improved a little in the second but he wasn't at his best. Casadei was pretty awful throughout. He makes terrible choices because he can't think fast enough and he just doesn't get the basics right. I wasn't taken much with Yunus either. Again, he made horrible choices at times alrhough he was much better in the second half. Neither of them are as good as Choudhury though, in terms of the replacements we have available.

On the flip side, Mavididi, Vestegaard, Cannon, Winks and Riccardo all looked very good as did Albrighton when he came on. Winks was our engine room.

It was a very impressive performance from Cannon. He just looked like a striker. His movement was absolutely fantastic and he made so much space for himself. If he'd have had an Ndidi or a KDH behind him, he'd have got his hat-trick for sure. I wanted him in ahead of Daka and now that we don't have Daka as an option, it'll be great to get a real look at him over a few games.

Maresca is doing a remarkable job. This really is a complete cruise at the moment but I've been burnt before. I'll keep a lid on any celebrations until it's official.

...what a ****ing job Maresca has done here - genuinely remarkable
I really do hope thats the truth. But at the same time I have a nasty feeling that the championship may well just be utter & complete shit. All last season's promoted sides are absolute dog in the PL.
Including Burnley who pissed this league last year.

I guess we'll only really know a year from now & I hope for the best.

I think Rodgers & his ****ing bullshit have destroyed my ability to be optimistic. I hope it's not permanent.

the double by Cannon was very instinctive and it is rare that we manage to buy instinctual be strikers.

Daka and Nacho certainly aren’t.

The timing of his introduction into the starting 11 seems very deliberate to me, a perfect time for him to be introduced and make the spot his own I believe.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463