Post Match Leicester 5 Manchester United 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets not get carried away though, we beat a team at home who are now 13th. The bigger tests are the likes of Liverpool Reserves (2nd) and Villa (3rd)

Van Gaal! Wayne Rooney! Van Persie! Falcao! Sir Alex Ferguson, Bobby Charlton - Your boys took one hell of a beating! Your boys took one hell of a beating!'

We were laughing that Alan Young would call Cambiasso too lazy. All he does is get rid of the ball as soon as he gets it. He never wants to be in possession etc etc.
Wait now, he didn't actually say any of that did he? Please tell me no

he Foxes have scored five or more goals in a single Premier League game for the first time since March 2000, when they did so against Sunderland
Man Utd have conceded four or more league goals for the first time since May 2013 (when the opponents were West Brom)
It is the first time Man Utd have ever conceded four or more goals in a Premier League game against a newly-promoted team
This is the first time Leicester City have scored four or more goals verses Man Utd in the league since April 1963.
This is only the 14th time in Premier League history that Man Utd have conceded four or more goals in a game.
It is the first time United have lost a Premier League game after having a two goal lead

When the third went in, I was going nuts in the bar I was in in Colombo, Sri Lanka.

I promised everyone (I was (surprisingly) the only Leicester fan) that the next goal I would run round the bar with my shirt over my head.

I am pleased to say I did not back out. 5-3, absolutely incredible and made even better by the surroundings. COYB!

I promised everyone (I was (surprisingly) the only Leicester fan) that the next goal I would run round the bar with my shirt over my head.

I am pleased to say I did not back out

Blimey, you're just flippin' bonkers, you are

How did you come up with such a mind-stonkingly crazeeeeee idea

Last edited:
Blimey, you're just flippin' bonkers, you are

How did you come up with such a mind-stonkingly crazeeeeee idea

Oh homey I know you are covering for your fanatic fantasising. It's ok... we all have moments where we think about grown men running around in Leicester shirts in Foreign bars. You can admit it.

Absolutely amazing and worth the season ticket cost for that alone.

Anyone managed to find a full re-run anywhere yet?

I feel like I played in the game, I'm too knackered to post anything further st this time,

****ing hell!!

There is nothing to say that has not already been said. That was truly amazing, one of those games I'll remember until my dying day. My previous favourite was the 5-2 victory over Sunderland at Filbert Street in 2000. I'm not sure that this one will ever be beaten.

To be fair to De Laet, he was immense second half and never hid away from the challenges.

In the pre match thread I wrote:

Let's be realistic - City have 5 points and we've played Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and the mighty Stoke. Man Utd have 5 points and who have they have played so far?
It's time to put them back in their place - e.g. below us in the table.

Fair to say we put them back where they belong - below us in the table - well done boys ! Proud as can be !

Found The Stag's Head. A bit surprised to find that I was the only one wearing a Leicester top.also a bit surprised that the music was louder than the tv. When I pointed out that everyone was watching the game and no one cared about the music, i was told that it was impossible to turn the tv louder. But with ten minutes left suddenly, and strangely enough, the commentary was on the speakers the music had been on. Didn't matter much though. Nothing could take the joy away from this day! The music was mostly early 80's hits like Tears For Fears' Mad World and Soft Cell's Tainted Love. Very appropriate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566