Post Match Leicester 5 Sheffield United 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely stuff from our lads - the second half was a joy to watch. Congrats to the goal scorers and the assists providers - professional job! Vardy creeping up the over 30's 'involvement' in PL goals lists even further!

We can now sit back and watch Man Utd play two tough matches before we play them next Sunday.

It's such a boost to our PL and FA Cup chances to be out of the EL.

We looked so much fresher today. Players had the ability to push through for 90 mins instead of being knackered after an hour.

One aside, I thought that Leshabela did more in 10 mins than Tavares did in 70 last week.

We can now sit back and watch Man Utd play two tough matches before we play them next Sunday.

It's such a boost to our PL and FA Cup chances to be out of the EL.

We looked so much fresher today. Players had the ability to push through for 90 mins instead of being knackered after an hour.

One aside, I thought that Leshabela did more in 10 mins than Tavares did in 70 last week.
Absolutely spot on. Leshabala looked to have far more about him.

Not sure why we didn't make a 3rd sub today though - Wilf or Youri should have come off and it almost cost us when Youri took a heavy tackle at the end.

One of the best moments was seeing Nacho smile at last and look really happy.

He got quite emotional and close to tears after his third.

Something a bit weird about the whole Tavares situation... just a baseless gut reaction on my part. Leshabela has been hovering around for a while now, Tavares gets an appearance from seemingly nowhere (following a surrounding noise) then is gone again.

One of the best moments was seeing Nacho smile at last and look really happy.

He got quite emotional and close to tears after his third.

He was more than close to tears, he was definitely crying when they restarted after.

Meant a lot to him. Think he knows he's had a hard time here but is coming good now when we've needed him. I'm sure it was relief as much as anything

Although he dedicated the hat trick to mothers - made me wonder if he's maybe lost his mum?

Something a bit weird about the whole Tavares situation... just a baseless gut reaction on my part. Leshabela has been hovering around for a while now, Tavares gets an appearance from seemingly nowhere (following a surrounding noise) then is gone again.
Yes, baseless I think. I'm sure it's just Brendan giving as many promising young players some experience as he can.

Apparently Sidney is ill.

Nat trick
Really exceptional this evening. Sheff U players looked like they were going to cry at 3-0. And we just kept battering them. That’s the stuff of a gentlemen’s dreams - thanks Rodgers!

I smell a BN conspiracy theory coming.... tin helmets on....

Apparently ill.

Interesting to read the article in the Athletic with his dad. Basically saying nice things about City but that money talks when it comes to signing a new contract.

I think someone should remind him about Joe Mattock. Chasing better contracts before you've developed into anything is pretty dumb.

I said a couple of weeks ago that I'd much rather we play Leshabela than Tavares unless the latter is prepared to commit to the club. What's the point of showcasing Tavares if he and his representatives are playing silly buggers with contractual demands? He's verging on being more trouble than he's worth.

I'm still yet to see anything from him to make me bothered about him leaving. It isn't a good look to the other young players if we cave in either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363