Post Match Leicester 6 Huddersfield 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the same re Woods but didn't have the balls to say it tbh.

Only his first game though with limited training with the rest of the squad so gave him the benefit of the doubt, plus the 2 goals did gloss over it nicely but there is definitely room for improvement to that side of his game from his first showing.

Last edited:
....and having watched it, we really played some super stuff. Impressed with the fluidity of the midfield. The confidence of Marshall and Knockaert to come infield and collect the ball off the centre backs is a real bonus. Dare I say it but aside from Woods two goals, his touch and distribution was very poor on a number of occasions. Oh, and I think Ritchie de Laet is a super player.

He set up one of Knockaert's and Waghorn's?

Last edited:
He set up one of Knockaert's and Waghorn's?
Indeed, and he scored two goals but I thought his distribution was poor in the first half. His touch let him down several times. After the rave reviews, I just didn't think his performance was as perfect as people had intimated.

Indeed, and he scored two goals but I thought his distribution was poor in the first half. His touch let him down several times. After the rave reviews, I just didn't think his performance was as perfect as people had intimated.

As débuts go though, it wasn't bad was it!

....and having watched it, we really played some super stuff. Impressed with the fluidity of the midfield. The confidence of Marshall and Knockaert to come infield and collect the ball off the centre backs is a real bonus. Dare I say it but aside from Woods two goals, his touch and distribution was very poor on a number of occasions. Oh, and I think Ritchie de Laet is a super player.

Yep. Think that sums it up well. Felt the same about Woods.

Also makes you realize what rubbish you listen to on the radio. For the first goal they didn't even mention the first header...

Did no one else notice that Schmeichel did not hoof the ball down the pitch, he released the ball with short pass and let the team build an attack. brilliant but why have we had to put up with his pointless long balls for the first half of the season

I wish some other player's had the same poor touch and distribution as Wood has if it means they get two assists every game

I wish some other player's had the same poor touch and distribution as Wood has if it means they get two assists every game

Plus his exceptional running and movement off the ball which created space after space for the whole team to exploit

Morons

Plus his exceptional running and movement off the ball which created space after space for the whole team to exploit

Morons

Watching it on FoxesPlayer, you can't see all the play, so missed his movement off the ball. Commenting on 45mins of football and a couple of times his passing was off and his control let him down. His set up/finish for his second goal was great and I've no doubt he'll score goals for us.

Knockaert was fantastic BTW. His awareness is amazing. Most exciting player I've seen at Leicester for some time.

I take it all back, his performance was perfect!!

It goes without saying that he had a very good debut. He may well turn out to be the final piece to the jigsaw. As I assume most people do (those who are morons like myself), I looked at his performance and was disappointed with his touch and distribution on numerous occasions. I expect Chris would look back at his performance and want to improve on certain aspects and I expect the coaching staff would have similar thoughts.

Morons

plus his excellent defence splitting pass that put Nugent through for what turned out to be Wood's second goal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669