Leicester Chants

Status
Not open for further replies.

indierich06

I was having a pleasant drink in the Polar Bear earlier (it was pound-a-pint night) and the subject of conversation turned to football chants (we were singing loads and loads of football chants).

My mates - who support Reading, Liverpool, Coventry and Bolton - were all wheeling the chants out about their specific clubs, but then they turned to me and asked me to recite some Leicester-specific chants and I was lost for words.

It seems to me that all we have are generic chants with 'Leicester City' inserted into them.

I may be wrong though - if so, please enlighten me because I really want to know some Leicester-specific chants!

When You're Smiling

I offered that up. Everyone told me that it wasn't a 'proper' football chant, So I countered that with fact that Stoke sing 'Delilah' all the time and said that that's not a 'football chant' either. I think they wanted funny songs involving the names of managers/players/chairmen of our club.

Don't know the tune but I haven't heard "Megson for Bolton" ever since that night in October.

We all hate covscum, we all hate covscum we AAlll hate covscum we all hate covscum.

Repeate into fade

Last edited:
I was having a pleasant drink in the Polar Bear earlier (it was pound-a-pint night) and the subject of conversation turned to football chants (we were singing loads and loads of football chants).

My mates - who support Reading, Liverpool, Coventry and Bolton - were all wheeling the chants out about their specific clubs, but then they turned to me and asked me to recite some Leicester-specific chants and I was lost for words.

It seems to me that all we have are generic chants with 'Leicester City' inserted into them.

I may be wrong though - if so, please enlighten me because I really want to know some Leicester-specific chants!

When we were at Filbert Street we had loads of them but, I wouldn't want to get involved in a debate about the the positioning of the 'kop'. I've been told many times on here that it is not relevant to terrace culture and people might get the sun in their eyes.

Anyone I know?

we're leicester city...we rule supreme..we'll never be mastered by no no forrest bastards, we'll keep the blue flag flying high.....for ever and ever we'll follow our team, we're leicester city, we rule supreme! a leicester...a leicester

Molly Malone

In Dublin's far city, where the girls are so pretty
I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone
As she wheeled her wheel barrow through streets broad and narrow - singing:
Leicester, Leicester

F*ck off you Forest bastards

When you're tired and lonely, your heart might skip a beat,
You'll get your f*cking head kicked in as you walk down Filbert Street,
You walk into the Spion Kop, and hear a mighty roar,
F*ck off you Forest bastards,
we are the Leicester boys!

Leicester Score

Leicester Score
Leicester Score
if you get one, you`ll get more,
We`ll sing you assembley when we get to wembley,
So score Leicester score (repeat)

Leicestershire LA LA LA

Leicestershire la la la, Leicestershire la la la

Last edited:
We have no chants, no team goes away from the Walkers Stadium with any of our chants still in their heads.

We have the occasional tuneless, forgetful song sung by 20 people, but that's about your lot.

The only time we get big sounds are "We love you Leicester, we do" and the like, or when the cricket fans come to watch us.

We have no chants, no team goes away from the Walkers Stadium with any of our chants still in their heads.

We have the occasional tuneless, forgetful song sung by 20 people, but that's about your lot.

The only time we get big sounds are "We love you Leicester, we do" and the like, or when the cricket fans come to watch us.

What about 'ollies army, ollies army....'

I'll get my coat.

This is a piece of Filbert Street history...to the tune of 'My old man's a dustman'

Iwan is a Welshman

Iwan is a Welshman
He wears a Welshman's hat
He lives next door to Joachim in a Leicester council flat
He scores them with his left foot
He scores them with his right
And when we're playing Derby...
He scores all fcukin' night!

Always wondered what a Welshman's hat looked like....

sheep_hat.jpg

This is a piece of Filbert Street history...to the tune of 'My old man's a dustman'

Iwan is a Welshman

Iwan is a Welshman
He wears a Welshman's hat
He lives next door to Joachim in a Leicester council flat
He scores them with his left foot
He scores them with his right
And when we're playing Derby...
He scores all fcukin' night!

http://www.learnenglish.de/IMAGES/Vocab/Clothes/Welsh.gif

Not a great look tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673