Post Match Leicester City 2 - Burnley 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As are the comments about getting it wrong.....

No, these are not irrelevant. Had we got it 'right' we'd have been out of sight way before minute 96 thus whatever challenge, free kick or end product thereof happens at the end of the game, we'd have still secured 3 points.

Still, like I have already said, 1 point closer to safety.

I don't get this thought process. We need to get 40 points. Who we gain those points against is irrelevant.

Regardless of whether we cause an upset or two against the likes of Man U the chances are that they will finish way above us in terms of position and points.

Winning against the likes of Burnley removes three points that they are unable to gain to finish above us, we will more than likely finish closer to Burnley in terms of points and possibly position.

dowd was a decent ref but showed a complete lack of competence over the injury. trippier should have been dragged over the bye line to allow treatment. his decision to stay on the field was all about them not having to play with ten men whilst his injury was assessed. seven minutes of injury time is mentally a big boost for a side chasing the game. nigel should be as angry about that as he is with the naivety of his players in the last 10 minutes.

dowd was a decent ref but showed a complete lack of competence over the injury. trippier should have been dragged over the bye line to allow treatment. his decision to stay on the field was all about them not having to play with ten men whilst his injury was assessed.

As soon as it happened he signalled to the bench that he needed to be replaced. If a player is seriously injured they shouldn't be moved until they've been assessed.

As soon as it happened he signalled to the bench that he needed to be replaced. If a player is seriously injured they shouldn't be moved until they've been assessed.

But they could have taken him off in the stretcher via the sidelines.

We all have different views of the game Matt. I think you're pushing it a bit far with that point though.

For all their tackling and our giving the ball away, how often did they struggle Kasper? Maybe we wouldn't have won easily, but we'd have won.

For all their tackling and our giving the ball away, how often did they struggle Kasper? Maybe we wouldn't have won easily, but we'd have won.

It was the word 'easily' that I felt the need to question. By the same token, how often did we trouble their keeper?

I'm not going overboard here though. I didn't say we deserved to lose or anything, I thought a draw was a fair result.

Cambiasso was not dropped; he had a slight knock. Hammond probably won't get a look in next game.

Jeff, within a minute it was clear that he had an ankle ligament injury. they even tried to walk him off the pitch although amazingly, though he was only a yard from the byeline, it was decided to call for a stretcher before he could make it beyond the whitewash. He could have rolled off the pitch without causing any further damage to his ankle.
Tbh, given they were chasing the game, I was surprised at their approach but then when you realise that there will be a huge chunk of injury time then I guess it makes some sense. Also, the extra time it takes to get trippier off allows dyche more time to reorganise his back four and to instruct keane.

Jeff, within a minute it was clear that he had an ankle ligament injury. they even tried to walk him off the pitch although amazingly, though he was only a yard from the byeline, it was decided to call for a stretcher before he could make it beyond the whitewash. He could have rolled off the pitch without causing any further damage to his ankle.
Tbh, given they were chasing the game, I was surprised at their approach but then when you realise that there will be a huge chunk of injury time then I guess it makes some sense. Also, the extra time it takes to get trippier off allows dyche more time to reorganise his back four and to instruct keane.

He could have rolled off the pitch, but suggesting that the delay was in any way responsible for us dropping two points is ridiculous.
Before the injury we were under pressure. We could have used the stoppage time to reorganise - and it looked as though we had, as we were well on top for the few minutes after the injury. We threw away two points because we didn't play well enough, not because of the injury stoppage.

??????? I'm trying to figure out why ??? His experience in Midfield would have been ideal for the last 20 minutes... I hope NP is not starting to read what they papers are saying about him as they will be only to happy to take it all back !

What are the papers saying about him?

It was a nasty grotty little game played by two teams who looked as though they did not belong in the Premier League.

Probably the best thing about the game was the sight of Sean Dyche wearing a suit. Perhaps he was trying to look elegant. Luckily it did not work as there is something wrong with any Englishman who ever looks elegant. Instead he looked like a funeral director desperate to drum up trade; the kind who might be willing to do a deal with Wasilewski and Taylor-Fletcher. After twenty minutes he took his jacket off and visibly relaxed as though to say "Free at last." From then on there was nothing to do but watch the game.

Last edited:
In the Dean Hammond thread one poster took me seriously and got quite angry I had better say the Sean Dyche comments are tongue in cheek. I am sure that he is respectable and would avoid any dealings with Marcin Wasilewski or Gary Taylor Fletcher.

It definitely looked like we were back in the championship, scrappy and little flair. The support from our fans was back at championship level too unfortunately, very quiet for long periods and people booing at the end.

I didn't notice any booing but the atmosphere was a bit flat, which is a real shame after how good it was against United; that game certain dispelled the myth that such an atmosphere can't be generated at the new ground.

I hope that we've faced the big boys early on doesn't mean that the fans treat every other match the same way we would (but shouldn't) the likes if Barnsley and Doncaster, but unfortunately I suspect that will prove to be the case.

I think Nige's disappointing, rather bitter post match comments summed the players display. The whole team and staff seemed to think 'well it's only Burnley'.
On MOTD Savage said a similar thing about Leicester thinking it's "only Burnley" . And Sir Gary disagreed with Nigel about Burnleys performance.
Savo also pointed out the big gap Kasper left, mentioned by a number on here, and this can clearly be seen20141005_115308-1.jpg

Yep, that picture is exactly what it looked like from the Kop. Everyone in the ground knew what was going to happen. Seriously, have a look and tell me you couldn't have scored from there. I'd expect my 9 year old daughter to score.

Totally incompetent and unacceptable goalkeeping.

gutted about that to be honest, much more disappointing than the palace defeat to me. shame we didn't have cambiasso for the 2nd half, burnley closed us down that quick that no-one wanted the ball, he would have calmed things down.
agree with most about kasper, is it time time give hamer a game? i dont think pearson will

I didn't notice any booing but the atmosphere was a bit flat, which is a real shame after how good it was against United; that game certain dispelled the myth that such an atmosphere can't be generated at the new ground.

I hope that we've faced the big boys early on doesn't mean that the fans treat every other match the same way we would (but shouldn't) the likes if Barnsley and Doncaster, but unfortunately I suspect that will prove to be the case.

There was boo I Ng in the KOP, which surprised me as I genuinely thought everyone was asleep.

Nothing like sitting in absolute silence all game and then really getting negatively vocal at the end, useless bunch of tossers.

Re Cambiasso, Pearson specifically said that nobody was dropped due to injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669