Post Match Leicester City 2 - Burnley 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
On MOTD Savage said a similar thing about Leicester thinking it's "only Burnley" . And Sir Gary disagreed with Nigel about Burnleys performance.
Savo also pointed out the big gap Kasper left, mentioned by a number on here, and this can clearly be seenView attachment 11542

He has to stand more to his left.

The ball goes in with virtually no pace on, not high and nowhere near the corner.

One large step to his right and he would have caught it.

If the taker puts it into the apex either side then that is just a good free kick.

This wasn't.

He didn't exactly do much for the first goal either other than wave his arms.

Time for him to be dropped I think?

Drop Kasper? Numpties. Makes 3 or 4 good saves a game and is twice as good aa Hamer. The Wall was positioned on the left and Kasper on the right. Standard. Its the other 95 mins that meant we were so close. We need to remember what got us here. Play tight amd aggressive from start. get centre mids on the ball with two wide and two up top. If we are swamped im midfield sacrifice a striker.

Centre Mid hierarchy needs to be Drink, Cambiasso, James, King, Hammond. Wasilewski finished last year as 1st choice remember with Schlupp LB. Powell on the bench instead of Wood who never gets used as if Ulloa isnt working then wood clearly wouldnt...

Drop Kasper? Numpties. Makes 3 or 4 good saves a game and is twice as good aa Hamer. The Wall was positioned on the left and Kasper on the right. Standard. Its the other 95 mins that meant we were so close. We need to remember what got us here. Play tight amd aggressive from start. get centre mids on the ball with two wide and two up top. If we are swamped im midfield sacrifice a striker.

Centre Mid hierarchy needs to be Drink, Cambiasso, James, King, Hammond. Wasilewski finished last year as 1st choice remember with Schlupp LB. Powell on the bench instead of Wood who never gets used as if Ulloa isnt working then wood clearly wouldnt...

This. Like.

This is exactly what we were saying. I wouldn't say we were swamped, but an extra player in midfield was what we needed.

I'm generally a fan of Kasper but he has been unimpressive this season. I certainly don't remember him making three or four good saves per game.

I'm generally a fan of Kasper but he has been unimpressive this season. I certainly don't remember him making three or four good saves per game.

we were sat right behind the goal, as the wall lined up for the free-kick, my mate said to me 'there's a f******g big gap to Kasper's left'!

The only big save I recall him making many big saves tbf apart from maybe against Van Persie vs ManUtd.

I certainly wouldn't say he's gained us any points particuarly like I would Hamer earning us 2 against Stoke, but he certainly cost us 2 points yesterday.

I'm not doubting his talent, but he's had a poor start to the season and certainly hasn't been making 3 or 4 good saves a game.

He is a talented lad and not far off as good as a club our size is likely to keep hold of for an extended period of time, but I don't think he's as good as some seem to believe. He is crap at commanding the area and I have long maintained that his distribution is horrible. I thought it laughable that he was being linked at one stage with Spurs and (an admittedly crap) Milan.

He has been very good for us and I'd keep picking him for now but some do seem blind to his weaknesses. Football is a game of opinions though. Some even think Jeff Schlupp isn't a terrible footballer.

Last edited:
Makes 3 or 4 good saves a game

Last season, that was true. Not this season though. He's played six games and conceded twelve goals. I can't remember him saving anything you wouldn't expect any half decent keeper to save. He was the player I thought would adapt best to top flight football throwing himself in front of strikers but (so far) he's been poor.

Two months ago, I couldn't imagine advocating him being dropped for Hamer but I'd be more confident going to Newcastle with Hamer in goal than Schmeichel.

It isn't entirely his fault because we've not defended well in most games. But the keeper influences how deep the defence play, how we defend set pieces, how vocal and commanding we are in the area, etc.

Burnley's first goal was typical of goals he's let in. It was poor marking, we were too deep and critically, Schmeichel was trapped on his line like a rabbit in the headlights and consequently was totally ineffective.

This is exactly what we were saying. I wouldn't say we were swamped, but an extra player in midfield was what we needed.

I agree. You don't dominate games at this level with two in midfield. NP was very arrogant towards Burnley following the game but he was also arrogant in his team selection. He was basically saying, this isn't Premier League opposition and I can take some liberties. Wrong!

Two of his substitutions were also wrong. Nugent for Ulloa made total sense as Ulloa had been ineffective. However, why on earth did he bring Knockaert on? If we were three up, fine. But not when the game was in the balance and we were on the back foot. Also, I thought got better as the game went on. He was awful first half but very important in the second. But he got dragged off for James who them stupidly gave the free kick away.

I wonder if Knocks was brought on because Pearson knows had won't have mahrez fit next game and wanted to check his form?

Re KS positioning. Nothing wrong with his starting position. Standard for a kick that side. That takes care of the kicker thinking about dummying into the far side and the keeper is headed to the open side as the kick is taken. the wall was crap. Smallest men in the middle? Didn't jump at the same time and drinks didn't even get off the ground (why was he in the middle ??). It just shouldn't have happened and the main culprit was MJ making the challenge - naive.

Bit strange to pin the whole blame on Schmeichel, when the whole team were utter dog shite from start to finish

Gotta find a scapegoat somewhere, I suppose, but he was far from being the worst offender

Bit strange to pin the whole blame on Schmeichel, when the whole team were utter dog shite from start to finish

Gotta find a scapegoat somewhere, I suppose, but he was far from being the worst offender

You're right of course. However, we'd have got away with a win if Schmeichel hadn't been a tit. So it was kinda important.

One large step to his right and he would have caught it.

Wouldn't one step (of whatever size) to his right have made it even more unlikely that he would have got anywhere near it?

The exclusion of Cambiasso seems so strange you have to question what on earth has gone on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669