Post Match Leicester City 3 - 1 Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sell out!"brings us back full circle to Big Nige!"I don"t care what the fans think!!!!!"
Still 4 more games.

It is due to the coincidence of both the Tigers ground and the City ground being close to the Royal Infirmary and the problems this has caused for emergency vehicles when both are on the same day.
That's their argument I believe, but how many problems did it actually cause in the past? Also, if we had played on Saturday, the Tigers kick-off was not until 17.30. I really cannot believe that much chaos would have ensued.

Personally, I'd be happy if most of our home games were 3pm on a Sunday. I prefer it to a Saturday. It seems more relaxed somehow.

Parking was a problem if the Tigers kicked off early for City fans but if it was like Saturday with a teatime kickoff the Parking was okay for us City fans but the Tigers fans would find all the spots they usually go to, particularly down the Welford Road side, gone.

There is probably some other reason behind this change in policy as both teams have been playing side by side for years and playing staggered kickoff times to cope when games clash. Police costs I imagine come into it as well as the emergency vehicles issue.

Last edited:
Sunday games for those of us who travel by train can be a right pig as the service can be awful. Give me Saturday at 15.00 and I'm happy.

How very rude....

Leicester have long possessed a walking heart attack with a drum, who’s winched to the top of the stand to the left of the away section and who whips his rather thinner counterparts below into a frenzy of plasticity. Though we never wish to replicate it, we can just about understand it – modern football grounds can be deathly quiet places, and a lardbucket with a drum is a remedy for that.

Whoa!!I stand right next to away fans and apart from the odd lone racist idiot in our bit there are no racist chants.No room for complacency though.
We are a city with only a recent history of residents arriving from overseas.We need to do more to include everyone at our matches.
Wolves seem to have cracked it.
I was talking to an academic recently who told me of a study of Leicester City and L.Tigers fans.She said that the perception locally was that the rugby supporters where from weathier more middle and upper class groups than than the Foxes fans but it turned out they were very similar.Mainly middle class and white.
I do not know if this reseach was reliable but I think We are probably going the same way(if anyone would believe there is anyone middle class in Hull)
Whole groups within our society are not represented by a single pro player.
Oh and my chants are always really original and really amusing

Whoa!!I stand right next to away fans and apart from the odd lone racist idiot in our bit there are no racist chants.No room for complacency though.
We are a city with only a recent history of residents arriving from overseas.We need to do more to include everyone at our matches.
Wolves seem to have cracked it.
I was talking to an academic recently who told me of a study of Leicester City and L.Tigers fans.She said that the perception locally was that the rugby supporters where from weathier more middle and upper class groups than than the Foxes fans but it turned out they were very similar.Mainly middle class and white.
I do not know if this reseach was reliable but I think We are probably going the same way(if anyone would believe there is anyone middle class in Hull)
Whole groups within our society are not represented by a single pro player.
Oh and my chants are always really original and really amusing

We hammered you 3-1 :icon_lol:

good review

although referring to "City" in a game of two cities....:)

we're Citeh any road

I see Hull lost 3-1 again today - they seem to be making a habit of it - this time at home to Peterborough, the division's bottom club who hadn't won a single point before today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566