Post Match Leicester City 6 (SIX) - 0 Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortwave Fox

Just reading some of the Ipswich forums, they seriously are all a bit unwell, saying 6-0 flattered us and "they only had 5 shots on target", and blaming their keeper for everything...

Jenks

Just back from the game. Fantastic win. We controlled the whole game. Deffo penalty. Knockers goal was particularly good with fantastic passing from Dyer and Waggy to set him up. Waggy looked red hot, so glad he scored. Kingy back to form. Dyers pace was blistering and I thought Futacs was going to hit his head on the roof. He foockin huge!

Profondo Rosso

Gutted I missed City's biggest win in my lifetime. Still made my weekend listening to it on the radio though.

RHYDAL

Nice result. In ither news, we had a shit ref and lino today, but managed to win in the other 88 mins of the game.

NYC Fox

I was following their tweets on the #itfc. Similar story on there. Allegedly because they had 50% possession we're shit and the scoreline doesn't paint a true picture. Delusional as you say.

45% of that possession was the 6 times they kicked off after walking the ball back to the centre circle.

I hate Ipswich. I lived in Colchester for 3 years, never saw us win up there except one league cup game.

Matt_B

Nice result. In ither news, we had a shit ref and lino today, but managed to win in the other 88 mins of the game.

In the interest of fairness, I thought ours was rubbish again today on a lot of issues. Thought it was a very soft penalty but I'll wait to see the highlights.

Blaarev

45% of that possession was the 6 times they kicked off after walking the ball back to the centre circle.

I hate Ipswich. I lived in Colchester for 3 years, never saw us win up there except one league cup game.

Mark Robins golden moment?

Brown Nose

Gutted I missed City's biggest win in my lifetime. Still made my weekend listening to it on the radio though.

You weren't alone. Very poor turnout today with less than 20,000 City fans in attendance.

Remarkable result considering the lack of goal scoring opportunities in the game. We scored from about every chance. Their keeper and right back should be embarrassed to collect their wages. McCarthy has one hell of a job on there as they have the look of us under Olly.

Our defenders strolled through the game largely unchallenged, as did the midfield. Dyer was exceptionally good at exploiting non existent marking. Knockaert awful for his positional play and passing. Waghorn was the best player on the pitch. His control, strength, passing, movement AND finishing was top drawer. He's earned his place for the foreseeable future now. We started well with a good tempo and they just seemed to be waiting for us to batter them.

Fair play to the Ipswich fans who have had more than one embarrassing away day already.

Last edited:

Blaarev

In the interest of fairness, I thought ours was rubbish again today on a lot of issues. Thought it was a very soft penalty but I'll wait to see the highlights.

Alan Young praised the ref today. Must have been shit then

homer

When, oh when, are we going to sort out our goal scoring problem ?

We need that thirty goal a season striker or we are as good as down

Micky

Do the Thai's still come and watch our games? Anybody know?

David Gwilliam

Re: Can Pearson take us up?

There are positives to winning 6-0 but the effect on the bench is a definite minus. Nigel Pearson complained early on that Dyer was not giving Jeffrey enough help (he is always Jeffrey not Jeff) and was irritated when Knockaert tried to be too clever and lost the ball. However, when we scored our third Nigel retreated into general benevolence. As for Mike Stowell he was as inscrutable as a Jedi knight- most disappointing.

The bench celebrated with the fans when Waghorn scored and Nugent seemed to be particularly pleased. When Futacs scored Knockaert was so delighted he rushed onto the pitch wearing a jacket over his team shirt. I believe this is against the rules but was pleased the referee turned a blind eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669