Post Match Leicester City - FA CUP WINNERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd just like to add that Leicester city women's beat Man United women in the FA Cup today too... Congratulations

The thing I love about being a Leicester fan is the same reason I’m a Leicester fan in the first place, I’m from and still live in Leicestershire. I’m from a family of Leicester fans and even those who don’t care about football are delighted for those who do. I had texts last night from cousins and aunties and friends I’ve not heard from in ages congratulating us and telling me they’re pleased for me. How lovely is that?

You know the type, the twat at a BBQ, the partner of someone your missus works with or something. ‘Yah yah big United fan, love the reds, taught your lot a thing or two last weekend eh?!’. What goes through these peoples’ heads? A sense of entitlement mostly I guess. One thing is for sure, they’ve never collapsed in complete exhaustion like I did when Leo scored against West Ham. They’ve never kissed and cuddled random strangers after a league win. They’ve never felt every single nerve in their body tingle when hearing The Champions League music live. And they’ve never sunk to their knees and cried like I did yesterday.

It’s so special. I wish I could bottle this feeling. We all know it’s about more than winning a piece of silverware. Love it, love you all, enjoy it, celebrate with loved ones and friends.

I’ve been told that I am under big ****ing pressure to show this much emotion at my wedding in August!

The thing I love about being a Leicester fan is the same reason I’m a Leicester fan in the first place, I’m from and still live in Leicestershire. I’m from a family of Leicester fans and even those who don’t care about football are delighted for those who do. I had texts last night from cousins and aunties and friends I’ve not heard from in ages congratulating us and telling me they’re pleased for me. How lovely is that?

You know the type, the twat at a BBQ, the partner of someone your missus works with or something. ‘Yah yah big United fan, love the reds, taught your lot a thing or two last weekend eh?!’. What goes through these peoples’ heads? A sense of entitlement mostly I guess. One thing is for sure, they’ve never collapsed in complete exhaustion like I did when Leo scored against West Ham. They’ve never kissed and cuddled random strangers after a league win. They’ve never felt every single nerve in their body tingle when hearing The Champions League music live. And they’ve never sunk to their knees and cried like I did yesterday.

It’s so special. I wish I could bottle this feeling. We all know it’s about more than winning a piece of silverware. Love it, love you all, enjoy it, celebrate with loved ones and friends.

I’ve been told that I am under big ****ing pressure to show this much emotion at my wedding in August!
And that’s not to say that those of you who aren’t originally from Leicestershire aren’t as worthy as fans or anything. You chose Leicester for the right reasons, it’s the road less travelled and it’s never been somewhere to hunt for glory.

Days since a trophy:

Leicester City - 1
Manchester City - 5
Arsenal - 287
Liverpool - 324
Chelsea - 717
Manchester Utd - 1,452
Spurs - 4,830
****ing Spurs, I absolutely love it!

The drinks i consumed have doubled. My pregnant wife is now having a Youri or a girl.

My wife and I are having our first child due in July.

I love that my daughter is going to be born into a world where Leicester are the FA Cup holders!

My wife has said no Leicester related names, but promised me yesterday after the Mount save that when we get a dog he will be called Kasper (need to get used to a baby first though!)

Fox cuddly toy on the way for the baby girl too!

I love that my daughter is going to be born into a world where Leicester are the FA Cup holders!

My wife has said no Leicester related names, but promised me yesterday after the Mount save that when we get a dog he will be called Kasper (need to get used to a baby first though!)

If she doesn't know much about Leicester City you could still get away with a less obvious name

For a girl you could use Arnar Gunnlaugsson

My eldest (Jess) is 11 now. The league win was amazing for me and her but yesterday it became apparent just how much success isn't a rare thing for her team like it is for me. Same team, longer timespan...she was chuffed to bits but nothing like I was.

Spoilt they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670