Leicester City "Legends" night tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcukcov

Leicester City legends night tonight at the Sportsmans Inn, Hinckley.

Gerry Taggart, Ian Marshall and Matt Elliott all confirmed. Start at 19:30pm.

PM for ticket details etc.

What 'legends' will be there and what time does it start?

oh wasn't it £17 or something

am tempted as Steve will have the ashes on afterwards... but really i think i need some sleep

What 'legends' will be there and what time does it start?

You are a card mackser, that famous irsih wit just shine through.

im sure ill get a scoop picture or 2 for this but the main things that came out tonight were:-
Mad mandy hasnt spoken to the birch for 2 years.
The new thais r willing to spend serious money (see my post in the robbie keane thread)
Sven has to get play offs minimum this year and definite promotion next season if unsuccessful this year
benji and ade had a competition for who had the worst eyesight at the club
O'Neills training methods were shit
The players thought less of peter taylor than the fans did and peter taylor once told savage he had the best right foot in the country
The la manga story came out
The birchs story about joanna lumley/rachel welch came out
Ian marshall didnt leave the bar

All in all a good night.

Just one question did matt elliott ever play in the pink scotland kit? Someone said he did and he couldnt remember.

whats the joanna lumley/rachel welch story?

And I saw Matt Elliot outside a burger van on the way to the ground on monday night!

Good job his motivational techniques were top class then.
Hmmm that wasnt necessarily the opinion last night, more just that he got round pegs and put them in round holes.

Our entire tactics from walford for a wimbledon game once was stop the big black guy up front heading the ball on and we will stop them from scoring.

And oneills other favourite tactic was dont give the ball to savage, hes not there to play football give it to lennon or muzzy and let sav do the job hes there for.

whats the joanna lumley/rachel welch story?

And I saw Matt Elliot outside a burger van on the way to the ground on monday night!

When he was at chelsea rachel welch came to the dressing room and started flirting with peter osgood and then invited them all to a party at a hotel. She had the entire 4th floor and the stones etc were all there. The birch reckons he got home on sunday afternoon, he had only been married 3 months and was supposed to take his mrs out on the sat night but got pissed at the party and forgot.

He shagged lumley.

Hmmm that wasnt necessarily the opinion last night, more just that he got round pegs and put them in round holes.

Our entire tactics from walford for a wimbledon game once was stop the big black guy up front heading the ball on and we will stop them from scoring.

And oneills other favourite tactic was dont give the ball to savage, hes not there to play football give it to lennon or muzzy and let sav do the job hes there for.

No doubt O'Neill got this from Clough. Cloughie never used to bother with the opposition and always claimed footballers could never remember anything complicated.
The "give it to Lennon or Muzzy" echoes Clough's "get the ball and give it to John Robertson" which so annoyed O'Neill at the time.

With due apologies to Jimmy Bloomfield I feel MON was the best manager in my time. I will commit heresy here and say that MONs players were good but not great in the sense of some of the Man U and Arsenal players - imagine if he had had a Shilton. Weller or Worthington.

Clearly Taylor was a bad manager. I wish someone - perhaps a Lennon or Taggart - with experience of management can explain where the problem lay. He was very highly rated by people who knew him as a coach, he was clearly an intelligent man who thought deeply about football. Somehow something was missing as a manager - the same seems to have been even more true of Don Howe.

I will commit heresy here and say that MONs players were good but not great in the sense of some of the Man U and Arsenal players

Heresy? Hardly.
They were a group of overachieving, average players. Nothing controversial about that.

Somehow something was missing as a manager - the same seems to have been even more true of Don Howe.

And Rob Kelly, Brian Kidd, Kevin MacDonald..........

Football is littered with coaches who couldn't Manage.

...............Clearly Taylor was a bad manager. I wish someone - perhaps a Lennon or Taggart - with experience of management can explain where the problem lay. He was very highly rated by people who knew him as a coach, he was clearly an intelligent man who thought deeply about football. Somehow something was missing as a manager - the same seems to have been even more true of Don Howe.

They seemed to suggest that he just didn't have an idea when it came to buying players or dealing with them. Which si probably not a bombshell tbh.

So the PR story that Milan saved Birch's job then was false :102:

Birch told some stories about when he knew Mandy when they were in America and they fell out then and Mandy used to send the birch to fetch the pizzas for the team. Birch claims that when Mandy left he told him that he used to spit on his pizza everytime, has echos of poogate if you ask me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566