Pre Match Leicester City Vs Aston Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
it seems to me that CR is determined to play 3 central midfielders (probably to accomodate Kante and Inler, but surely not at the expense of sacrificing a striker again, therefore i think we will eventually revert back to last seasonns 3-5-2 formation, this would allow the inclusion of his 3 signings , adapt a 3 man central midfield yet still have a dual strikeforce. whatever formation/team he selects i expect us to beat these im going 2-0 Vardy2

0-3

Only person I worry about in the Villa team is Gestede....with our defensive presence I'm hoping we can snuff out any chances for him

I worry about Gestede precisely because of our defensive presence.Or rather lack of it.I've not been 100% convinced about our solidity at the back in any game so far & we're lucky to have played teams who have been a bit toothless up front so far IMHO.I just hope it sorts itself out & doesn't end up requiring a right hammering to show it up.

Having said thatmVilla are ****ing shite & I'll be disappointed with anything less than 3 points.

3-1

Okazaki,Inler,Huth (set-piece)

I worry about Gestede precisely because of our defensive presence.Or rather lack of it.I've not been 100% convinced about our solidity at the back in any game so far & we're lucky to have played teams who have been a bit toothless up front so far IMHO.I just hope it sorts itself out & doesn't end up requiring a right hammering to show it up.

Having said thatmVilla are ****ing shite & I'll be disappointed with anything less than 3 points.

3-1

I'm sure its me but in the glow of the 4 goals against Sunderland, I was a bit bothered that they (a very poor outfit) had managed 2 away goals. It may be that CR is quite prepared to play a more attacking style at home and accept more risks in defence (e.g. choosing De Laet). There is generally a price to play whichever options you take - but after all we are probably looking to collect 40 odd points rather than expecting 80!

Incidentally, I don't think that there are any easy games. Bournemouth away always looked tricky to me - and I doubt if the Villa will be anything but close.

I think it'll be a close 2-1. We'll win, though. Tactically I think Ranieri has the beating of Sherwood and Agbonlahor is just rubbish these days.

I have not seen enough of Kante and Inler to judge them personally. However, the reputation suggests that Inler is more creative and Kante more destructive. If this is correct Claudio might favour Inler for home matches and Kante away.

I have not seen enough of Kante and Inler to judge them personally. However, the reputation suggests that Inler is more creative and Kante more destructive. If this is correct Claudio might favour Inler for home matches and Kante away.

Could it also be the case DG, that they are both direct competition/replacements for Drinkwater and King?

Whilst our defence hasn't looked anything like as strong as it did during our run in, we've got the height and aerial power to hopefully deal with any crosses aimed at Gestede. We've looked more suspect in open play rather than dead ball situations

Whilst our defence hasn't looked anything like as strong as it did during our run in, we've got the height and aerial power to hopefully deal with any crosses aimed at Gestede. We've looked more suspect in open play rather than dead ball situations
I'd argue that our defence is actually better than the run in.
In 4 games how many clear cut chances have the opposition actually created?
Also, I thought Wes might come back knackered, but he's been our best defender, even looking to bring the ball out of defence. Long may it continue.

All the predictions of a win are nice to see but we should not get carried away with our expectations. We have not lost in eight games, and this cannot go on forever. Someone will trip us up soon enough.

14-0, everyone scores a penalty.

I'm sure its me but in the glow of the 4 goals against Sunderland, I was a bit bothered that they (a very poor outfit) had managed 2 away goals. It may be that CR is quite prepared to play a more attacking style at home and accept more risks in defence (e.g. choosing De Laet). There is generally a price to play whichever options you take - but after all we are probably looking to collect 40 odd points rather than expecting 80!

Incidentally, I don't think that there are any easy games. Bournemouth away always looked tricky to me - and I doubt if the Villa will be anything but close.

Let's keep going for "GOOOOOOOOAL-AA!!" - Only Manchester City and West Ham have scored more than us - previously top 6 teams have struggled.

There's a fair bit travelling to be done by some of our players.
Depending on this, may see a few enforced changes.
Mahrez didn't travel well last season, Shinji will be clocking up the miles.
May be tempted to play Fuchs behind Schlupp.
Who knows?
I don't!

In 4 games how many clear cut chances have the opposition actually created?
According to Opta, we've conceded 4 big chances in our first four matches.

That's 8th lowest in the PL, although Villa have only conceded 3.

Can someone please tell me (and CR) what formation and team selection we need to start this match with to guarantee the win?

Drinkwater should be the one dropped. King hasn't offered too much but I've seen so many mistakes from Drinkwater again this season. I think he's just one of those that is a great quality championship player, like Nuge, but just offers nothing in the Prem. Kante appears to be getting into the swing of things too - I like the look of him, quick, great tackler. Great DM-style player and might might free up King to get forward more which we know he likes to do.

Villa are a poor outfit, I feel they are like Palace though, suited to away games so perhaps not as straightforward as we hope.

They have a lot of pace in wide and attacking areas to cause us a few problems, particularly with Amavi at LB, Sinclair, Agbonlahor and perhaps Traore should he play. If Sinclair plays on the left against RDL, him and Amavi could have a field day, particularly as Mahrez is a bit lackadaisical in defence.

We definitely have the superior quality and cutting edge to beat them. 3-1 Leicester - Vardy, Mahrez and Ulloa. Sinclair for them.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Drinkwater should be the one dropped. King hasn't offered too much but I've seen so many mistakes from Drinkwater again this season. I think he's just one of those that is a great quality championship player, like Nuge, but just offers nothing in the Prem. Kante appears to be getting into the swing of things too - I like the look of him, quick, great tackler. Great DM-style player and might might free up King to get forward more which we know he likes to do.

I think/ hope that one of the key differences between this season and last is that NP was prepared to go along with a fair number of top end Championship standard players on the basis of their tremendous success in 2013/14. The fact that they pulled the season round in the end is a footballing miracle.

CR is bringing in higher grade(more costly) additions. Both Inler and Kant replacing King and Drinkwater is just a matter of time or put another way may need one or a couple of disappointing results to justify changing things round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669