Pre Match Leicester City vs Derby County FA Cup 4th round replay

Status
Not open for further replies.
You underestimate the effect of losing to a team in a lower division than us.

It's not like it's Sutton United is it? It's a team that are just 12 places below us.

It's not like it's Sutton United is it? It's a team that are just 12 places below us.

They aren't 12 places below us, they are in a different league.

Again, why the **** would we want to lose a game with how fragile we are at the moment?

I can't get my head around why anyone wouldn't want to use this is an opportunity to go out and score some goals and try and find an ounce of belief.

Play your best team and lose = an absolute feckin' disaster

Play reserve team and lose = who gives a shit, it was only the reserves and we are desperately concentrating on the league

Again, why the **** would we want to lose a game with how fragile we are at the moment?

I can't get my head around why anyone wouldn't want to use this is an opportunity to go out and score some goals and try and find an ounce of belief.

As I said before, we scored some goals against Everton and found an ounce of belief, and since then we haven't scored in the league. Surely that defies your logic?

It's a different competition. One that means F all in the context of this season.

Put the ressies out, get out of the competition, and let's focus on getting 3pts against our relegation rivals.

I think I've mentally accepted that we are doomed and to be honest it doesn't bother me. The lack of effort is what angers me. The league we play is neither here nor there. I'll carry on watching regardless.

Sad as it might seem it's games against the likes of Derby and Forest that get me going. Probably more so now we can look both straight in the eye woth a league title rather than having that niggling feeling in the back of my mind that they had something over us. Which they did, to be fair.

I don't want to lose to Swansea ****ing City.

This is all absurd.

Why does winning one mean having to lose the other?

Any changes that are made will only strengthen us anyway.

This is all absurd.

Why does winning one mean having to lose the other?

Any changes that are made will only strengthen us anyway.

Why does winning one mean automatically winning the other?

We need to field our strongest new team (i.e. Amartey in as a centre back, given his AFCON experience) before Swansea, that means against Derby. Morgan drops to the the bench. Captain's arm band (and I don't really want to say this) to Drinkwater to see if it makes him less of a mardy sod. I would say Schmeichel but I'm not a fan of goalkeeper captains and besides he has enough to do marshalling his defence. Simpson, Chilwell and Huth complete the back 4. Or maybe Benalouene for Huth? Tbh, I'm not sure about Bene. Wague on the bench too? Dunno, thinking aloud.

Gray needs to start, he was impressive against Man U and ought be rewarded for his new found maturity. Ndidi naturally, so that means Mendy on the bench. We need Mahrez to find some form, despite everything I've said about him he has to start too.

One up front, Slimani if he's match fit. Vardy and Musa on the bench. Behind him, Okazaki. Mahrez is better playing wide if Slimani's our target man.

I don't like the FA cup and don't really care how far we go in it. Normally I'd be all for resting players and playing a second string but right now I agree with you (****ing hell) and we need every opportunity to play our way back into form.

I would say Schmeichel but I'm not a fan of goalkeeper captains and besides he has enough to do marshalling his defence.

I think Schmeichel as captain makes perfect sense. He's refreshingly honest, straight to the point and is always pushing people onward.

I said to the bloke I sit next to yesterday that there appeared to be no-one on the pitch geeing the rest of the team up, no-one getting the fans going at corners, just no enthusiasm being generated on the pitch, which transfers to the stand. Jermaine Jenas said on MoTD, that there was no atmosphere in the stands compared to last year and that seems to be that same on the pitch.

I said to the bloke I sit next to yesterday that there appeared to be no-one on the pitch geeing the rest of the team up, no-one getting the fans going at corners, just no enthusiasm being generated on the pitch, which transfers to the stand. Jermaine Jenas said on MoTD, that there was no atmosphere in the stands compared to last year and that seems to be that same on the pitch.

To be fair, Gray did try and rouse the fans when he came over to take several corner kicks. I thought the fans in the Kop were fantastic until goal number 3 went in. That knocked the stuffing out of everyone cos you knew there was no way back.

To be fair, Gray did try and rouse the fans when he came over to take several corner kicks. I thought the fans in the Kop were fantastic until goal number 3 went in. That knocked the stuffing out of everyone cos you knew there was no way back.

Yea, he had the audacity to tell me to cheer them on before spunking the ball straight into the 1st defender.

Pretty much summed the whole scenario up.

Yea, he had the audacity to tell me to cheer them on before spunking the ball straight into the 1st defender.

On more than one occasion

What precisely do they do all feckin' week that makes them unable to take a simple feckin' corner ?

And don't get me started on those brilliant 'short corner' abominations we saw half a dozen times

Pathetic

Schmeichel as captain? Captain Birdseye perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566