Pre Match Leicester City vs Manchester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zieler

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Amartey James/Mendy King

Gray Slimani/Vardy Musa​

Hearing Man City might rest a few players and field the women's side for this one.

4-0 Leicester. Smith, McAllister, Morgan, Ramsey.

Must, must, must change the shape for this one. It's not working at the minute, we're being overrun, can't defend and their players will have a field day as it stands.

Switch to 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 whatever you want to call it

Zieler

Simpson
Morgan
Huth
Hernandez
Schlupp

Mahrez
Mendy
Amartey

Okazaki
Vardy

Still not ideal because we haven't got 3 decent centre mids, but play Mahrez centrally ahead of the other 2 with Shinji also helping out in midfield.

Schlupp shouldn't be anywhere near the stadium after last night, Graz, let alone on the feckin' pitch

If he starts I'll walk out.

Hows that, I'll match his effort and **** off up the pub.

I'd drop Mahrez. Yes, I know - he's our most creative player etc, likely to provide a bit of magic etc, but I feel he's a luxury we can't afford at the moment.

A midfield of Amerty, Mendy and King.... because it's all we've got. Maybe 5 at the back (no Schlupp, either Fuchs if he's available - and I thought he was - or Albrighton if not).

Either Vardy and Okazaki, or Slimani and Okazaki up front.

Schlupp shouldn't be anywhere near the stadium after last night, Graz, let alone on the feckin' pitch

I didn't even see the end in the game last night, but from watching the goals then Chilwell looked like he had a stinker too and is woefully caught out of position. He's not ready to play left back let alone left wing back, so if Fuchs is out and Schlupp was that bad then you'd have to go with Albrighton.

I'd put Schlupp in for pace on the break.

Same goes for playing a midfield 3 of Mendy/Amartey/King. It's going to lack any pace or creativity really, so we'd need Mahrez in there.

Basically we're ****ed no matter what for this one. But load the centre of the park, sit deep and hope we can remember how to break with pace because it's our only chance.

Time to go back to the formation that kept us up.

Zieler

Simpson
Hernandez
Huth
Morgan
Albrighton

Drinkwater
King

Mahrez

Slimani
Okazaki

forget formations/team selections get the players heads sorted (i hate to agree with Roy Keane but his theory of big wage increase too soon seems about right), im hoping the press negativity may just restore some pride/hunger to a lethargic squad. On the bright side Aguero is banned. Lets get some pride back 100mph fast start and get into em fight fight fight battle nick a draw

A very difficult set of choices here for Ranieri. I'd put Mahrez back in but only because I didn't see enough from anyone else to take his place. I know that this isn't justification enough but last night's showing is one of only a few appearances for some that we have to go on.

The conundrum for me is Mendy. Okay, he was as ineffective as anyone yesterday but it was his first game back after a long time out and perhaps time is needed for him to get to grips with the pace of it all again. I'd probably stick him in ahead of King but only because King has been consistently anonymous, not because I'm confident Mendy will be great.

As for the defence, there are so few options. Is it worth a punt on Amartey back there? If it is, is this the right time for that experiment? Is Hernandez a better bet than Morgan? Who the hell knows after yesterday. As long as Schlupp is nowhere near the ground let alone the match day squad there will, at least, be some improvement in personnel.

Easy 3 points for us.

Negative bastards the lot of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572