Pre Match Leicester City vs Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my team for Sunday. The replacements below couldn’t do any worse than the current incumbents so what’s to lose?

Ward in for Schmeichel

Vestergaard in for Soyuncu

Thomas in for Bertrand

Choudhury in for Ndidi

Daka in for Vardy

Ward

Castagne Evans Vestergaard Thomas

Tielemans Choudhury

Perez Maddison KDH

Daka
you’ve also put Perez in for Barnes?

I wonder if he's going to be tempted into going back to a back 5, although his comments after the Europa League game last night suggest he knows it's basics we're getting wrong, and if we get that wrong still the system is fairly irrelevant.

Even so, I wouldn't be surprised if he tries:

Kasper
Castagne, Amartey, Evans, Soyuncu, Bertrand
Ndidi, Soumare,
Maddison, Barnes,
Vardy

He might even put Vestegaard in for Amartey in that system. As shit as they've been, I think he might bring BertrandErnie and Chocolate Firegaard into the lineup in the hopes that experienced players will rally. Also potentially setting up the defence to sit a bit deeper.

This is my team for Sunday. The replacements below couldn’t do any worse than the current incumbents so what’s to lose?

Ward in for Schmeichel

Vestergaard in for Soyuncu

Thomas in for Bertrand

Choudhury in for Ndidi

Daka in for Vardy

Ward

Castagne Evans Vestergaard Thomas

Tielemans Choudhury

Perez Maddison KDH

Daka
Hahaha wow

These are two things you said in the same post.

That is all.
What's the point in buying players if you don't play them? If Vestergaard can be any worse than Soyuncu I'll be astonished. How are things going to change if we don't change them?

Head-to-head

• Leicester have won eight Premier League games versus Newcastle since promotion to the top flight in 2014, more than against any other side.
  • The Magpies have won three of their past four away league matches versus the Foxes, although the fixture they failed to win was a 5-0 away defeat in September 2019.
  • None of the last 13 top-flight meetings have ended in a draw.
Leicester City

• Leicester have conceded at least twice in each of their past five Premier League games at the King Power Stadium - they have not done so in six consecutive home league fixtures since 1964.
  • The Foxes have failed to keep a clean sheet in their previous 14 top-flight matches - the only current Premier League side with a worse record are Watford (25 games prior to the latest round of fixtures).
  • They are at risk of losing nine top-flight home games in a calendar year for the first time in their history.
  • Leicester were awarded 12 Premier League penalties last season, more than any other side, but are one of just four clubs prior to the weekend yet to be handed a spot-kick in the current campaign.
  • Brendan Rodgers' side have conceded a league-high seven headed goals this season, while their tally of 10 goals conceded from set-pieces (excluding penalties) is matched only by Crystal Palace.
  • Jamie Vardy has been directly involved in 25 goals in his last 18 Premier League appearances against sides starting the day in the relegation zone, scoring 18 and assisting seven.
  • Vardy needs one Premier League goal to surpass Ian Wright's record of 93 after his 30th birthday.
Newcastle United

• Newcastle's past three league victories have come against sides in the relegation zone. They ended last season with victories against already relegated Sheffield United and Fulham, then beat 18th-placed Burnley last Saturday.
  • The last time they beat a side outside of the bottom three was May's 4-2 win at Leicester.
  • Eddie Howe is winless in all nine of his matches as a manager away to Leicester, losing five of those games.
  • Callum Wilson has scored 18 league goals for Newcastle since joining in September 2020, 10 more than any other Magpies player.
  • Federico Fernandez is set to become the fifth Argentine player to make 200 Premier League appearances, emulating Pablo Zabaleta, Sergio Aguero, Fabricio Coloccini and Carlos Tevez.

Thing is, you moan and criticise every single thing but never seem to come up with anything positive. What's the point in carrying on as we are when we can make changes which can't produce anything worse than the results we are getting at the moment.
That team you suggested I guarantee would produce worse than what we are currently seeing.

Vestergaard ffs

The players aren’t the problem.

Leicester City

• Leicester have conceded at least twice in each of their past five Premier League games at the King Power Stadium - they have not done so in six consecutive home league fixtures since 1964.
  • The Foxes have failed to keep a clean sheet in their previous 14 top-flight matches - the only current Premier League side with a worse record are Watford (25 games prior to the latest round of fixtures).
  • They are at risk of losing nine top-flight home games in a calendar year for the first time in their history.
  • Leicester were awarded 12 Premier League penalties last season, more than any other side, but are one of just four clubs prior to the weekend yet to be handed a spot-kick in the current campaign.
  • Brendan Rodgers' side have conceded a league-high seven headed goals this season, while their tally of 10 goals conceded from set-pieces (excluding penalties) is matched only by Crystal Palace.
  • Jamie Vardy has been directly involved in 25 goals in his last 18 Premier League appearances against sides starting the day in the relegation zone, scoring 18 and assisting seven.
  • Vardy needs one Premier League goal to surpass Ian Wright's record of 93 after his 30th birthday.
Holy shit we’re going to be breaking some unwanted records.

Losing 9 top flight games at home in our history is absolutely guaranteed - if not on Sunday, for sure against Spurs or Liverpool.

The unrest about Vestergaard starting makes no sense. Granted, he has been absolute shit in some games but he's been fine in others. Soyuncu has been shit all season perhaps with the exception of 4th the Manchester United game. Evans has been appalling for three quarters of the games he has played. There is no way playing Vestergaard is any more risky than playing Soyuncu who has been nothing short of astonishingly inept. Given the choice, I'd probably play Amartey over both of them to be honest.

One thing that is a surety is that if Bertrand is named in the starting eleven, Rodgers should be sacked before the ****ing kick off.

That team you suggested I guarantee would produce worse than what we are currently seeing.

Vestergaard ffs

The players aren’t the problem.
I take the opposite view. The players are definitely the problem. And Soyuncu costs us at least a goal a game in recent matches. Vestergaard doesn't because he hasn't played any games for a long while.

No player should be undroppable. Honestly, how worse than Soyuncu could Vestegaard be? He might stink the place out and have a game where you wonder if he would get a game in Sunday League, and he still wouldn’t be worse than this current version of Soyuncu.

We can all talk about Schmeichel’s woeful distribution, his total inability to command his area, and his general awful performances, yet the suggestion of dropping him is ridiculous. Why?

The same can be said for almost all of the regular starters.

The answer to what have we got to lose is; the game. But isn’t it insanity to keep putting the same 9 or 10 players out again when they have shown of late that with them we have next to no chance of winning?

The players aren’t the ultimate problem. But they are part of it.

Losing 9 top flight games at home in our history is absolutely guaranteed - if not on Sunday, for sure against Spurs or Liverpool.
Was just thinking I was surprised by this given we have been relegated many times, then realised that means for half the “calendar year” you aren’t in the top flight.

I do wonder if we may as well give Vesty another run, but then it might end the same way as the Bertrand experiment

Could have had this conversation the other week - “How much worse could Bertrand be than Thomas”

Well, a ****ing billion squillion times worse, would have been the answer

Ward

Castagne Amartey Evans Thomas

Tilemans Choudhury

Albrighton Maddison Barnes

Daka

This line up would never be mentioned normally but it removes some of the players that haven't been performing, to be honest any 11 could play and it will still be rubbish

Will Justin, Ricardo and Tielemans be fit?
If so

Schmeichel
Amartey Evans Justin
Castagne Ndidi Tielemans Ricardo
Maddison
Iheanacho Daka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593