Chilwell has to keep his place
Kasper and Simpson are no-brainers
Huth returns next to Morgan
Drinkwater replaces King, alongside Amartey
Mahrez on one side, Gray on the other
Ulloa starts

Tough bit:
Okazaki or Musa

I'll bet that Fuchs comes back in for his 'experience'.

..Slimani has rightly been criticised lately but prvide him with crosses (like simpson to Ulloa on Monday) and he will score goals...

I seem to remember him missing a very good chance against Man. City from a cross.

Easy bit:
Chilwell has to keep his place
Kasper and Simpson are no-brainers
Huth returns next to Morgan
Drinkwater replaces King, alongside Amartey
Mahrez on one side, Gray on the other
Ulloa starts

Tough bit:
Okazaki or Musa

Okazaki

In our situation, I see two perfectly sensible options. The first one is to compact the team with more defensive minded players and try to stay tight at the back and nick one or three points that way. The other is to put in your better creative/attack minded players and go for it from the first whistle.

It's all about not conceding the first goal for us right now. So either we defend better or get better at scoring early on.

We don't seem to be doing either of these options. Instead we pretend that the last few months hasn't happened or that everything will come good if we just hope it does. Albrighton in this interview speaks in very worrying terms (talk about sleep walking towards disaster): http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/p...f-relegation/story-30012109-detail/story.html

As supporters, another thing that is concerning is the fact that our preferred selections are getting further and further away from the actual team selected by the manager. None of us picked the side Ranieri did for the Everton game. I think the last time I was so far from knowing what the hell the manager is thinking was when Sousa was picking the team.

If we setup not to lose this I will be in the ****ing pub at half time.

Ranieri wasted the good feeling gained against Stoke by yet again sending them out to be compact and nervous.

We need to get the crowd on side and playing to win is the only way.

If we lose again because we sat back and shit ourselves then we are ****ed as we aren't picking up results away from home.

If we setup not to lose this I will be in the ****ing pub at half time.

Ranieri wasted the good feeling gained against Stoke by yet again sending them out to be compact and nervous.

We need to get the crowd on side and playing to win is the only way.

If we lose again because we sat back and shit ourselves then we are ****ed as we aren't picking up results away from home.
What we need to do is just put everyone on the goal line for 90 minutes. To be honest at this point I could see raneri using this tactic

Schmeichel
Morgan Huth Fuchs
Amartey Mendy Drinkwater Chilwell
Mahrez Slimani Gray

that will win the game. end of....

Schmeichel
Morgan Huth Fuchs
Amartey Mendy Drinkwater Chilwell
Mahrez Slimani Gray

that will win the game. end of....

So you'd drop our most consistent defender this season?

It's not a brainwave like Hernandez in midfield, but surely we'd be better served playing Chilwell AND Fuchs down the left rather than Albrighton?

I'd play the usual back five, Drinkwater, Amartey, Mendy, Mahrez, Gray, Ulloa.

Clownio will play:

Same back five, Drinkwater, Amartey, Slimani, Okazaki, Albrighton and Gray.

So you'd drop our most consistent defender this season?

all of them have been consistent (ly average)
we need a formation that recognises the players we have and gets them in the right position on the field and the protects us from a development in the league (343) which has flooded midfield and stopped our 442 being effective...
so Fuchs helps balance the back three and enables us to actually play the ball out.
Amartey gives us energy down the flank and actually can play in the opposition half (its a toss up between him and Albrighton here)
Chilwell does similar on the left and can interact with Gray supported by Fuchs in behind.
Mendy and Drinkwater can supply the link up and pressing.
one of the most important parts of this formation is that it frees Mahrez and Gray up from defensive duty and gets them in and around Slimani (or Vardy when playing)

I truly think that this formation suits our current personnel better and would make us a better side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566