Leicester City World / Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

theadmans

I saw the anouncement that Leicester City World is now going to be called "Player". I thought this might herald a new era for this service with an improved website that doesn't crash all over the place.

Anyway with this in mind I tried to renew my subscription in time for the start of the new season. Half an hour later after trying 2 different PCs and 2 different browsers I had got nowhere. I am an IT professional with over 20 years experience but I cannot get to the screen where you make the payment - it keeps asking for my name and address etc but that's as far as I can get.

Has anyone else had any luck doing this in the last few days?

I haven't tried yet. but had a phone call the other day from a guy trying to sell it to me.

I said i was intending to renew as i'd had it last season, he then agrued with me about how my subscription ran out in the summer of 2008. I told him i'd it all last season and had paid for it a year ago.
Anyways, he eventually said 'Ok thanks for your time' and hung up despite the fact i'd said i wanted to renew - worst sellsman ever.

I saw the anouncement that Leicester City World is now going to be called "Player". I thought this might herald a new era for this service with an improved website that doesn't crash all over the place.

Anyway with this in mind I tried to renew my subscription in time for the start of the new season. Half an hour later after trying 2 different PCs and 2 different browsers I had got nowhere. I am an IT professional with over 20 years experience but I cannot get to the screen where you make the payment - it keeps asking for my name and address etc but that's as far as I can get.

Has anyone else had any luck doing this in the last few days?

The prices are missing from the World homepage too, so presumably they are doing some site maintenance.

Don't waste your money on it.

...yes I tend to agree with you - it is a complete rip off and I resent paying the money. If the website actually worked well I wouldn't mind so much but it's always been a pain in the arse to use.

Unfortunately I live nowhere near Leicester so cannot get the radio commentary any other way.

I just tried again and this time actually got to the Payment screen but after inputing all the details it would not accept my card type. The website identified my card as a Maestro card which it isn't - what a pile of poo this site is - it makes my blood boil !!

I cancelled my subscription, wanting to wait and see how this new version shapes up. I've been sent an email telling me that, for my loyalty, I'll get 10 quid off if I sign up again.

Loyalty? If i'd been really loyal I'd have continued my old subscription... and NOT got a tenner off!

That's bollocks, isn't it?

That's bollocks, isn't it?

Yes.

But it's common in all sorts of businesses, long time customers are taken for granted, and new customers, or those who threaten to cancel, get a better deal.

I might cancel mine to see if they'll give me some money off.

I don't like the new video player thing, I tried it the other day and the video was in a frame so I couldn't see all of it at once :icon_conf
Presumably there's a way to stop it doing that but it wasn't obvious.

I might leave it another week or two, see how much more of a discount they're prepared to give me for my obvious display of loyalty...

I remember for the Boro cup finals having to call my aunt in england, have her put the phone by the radio and listening to 120 minutes of football on an international rate...and then the replay.

At least World is a bit cheaper than that was. Bit less reliable though obviously.

Is Player just revamped World by another name, or is it a different company, as lots of other World sites are now Player sites?

Player is a revamp of World - it is the same company behind it. You can tell by the fact that some of the screens are still the same as the old World ones and it all falls over with the slightest breath of wind. Shame - if another company had picked it up and rewritten it from scratch it might have been worth using.

Do we have any other choice(s) if we want the commentary but live out of RL range?

It seems that the introduction of the new Player might mean the end of the other choice. eeeerrrr... not that I know anything about any other choice. :icon_cry:

Bum! If I had known about any other theoretical choices, I might have relied on them. I'll just have to see what folk say about the Player thing when the season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669