Leicester City World / Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbro-Fox

Legend
You may have heard of something called the internet. It gives you access to all sorts of information.

Some people like to use the internet, in particular search engines and sites such as Wikipedia, to learn about things.

Maybe you should try it.

Maybe I should but you know where it is so why don't you just tell me instead of me wasting my own time?

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe I should but you know where it is so why don't you just tell me instead of me wasting my own time?

If you consider learning about stuff a waste of time there's no hope for you. You'll end up in a dead end job, if you can get one at all, and as soon as they invent robots that can serve burgers you'll be on the scrapheap.

Sionnach

Sionnach lives in the Outer Hebrides. What time do you suggest he sets off?

Okay, so I've worked it out...

Fly from Stornoway to EMA via Aberdeen on Fri (no flights at w/end) - cheap at £569.50, back on Mon (assuming I can get day off) plus cost of getting to Walkers + ticket = about £650 + accomodation etc...makes 2 hours staring at TB match forum seem quite bearable. Plus I get to go to the Homecoming Party here in the evening so will probably give the Swansea match a miss!

Last edited:

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
This Player thing really is useless.

If I sign in using Firefox, it takes me to a blank page.

If I try to sign in using IE8, the page goes dark and it won't let me do anything else.

Then I switched IE8 to "compatibility view", and it would let me log in. Success at last.

But I don't know why I bothered.

There is no video content on the site at all. No interviews, no match highlights, nothing. Not even the stuff from last season.

They've "improved" it by removing all the content.

So I went to another club's site - Stockport. They played Valladolid last night, and they had highlights on their site this afternoon, and they also have lots of interviews etc. But still none of the old content from last season.

The websites are operated by a company called "Perform Media Services Limited". PMSL is kind of appropriate for this shambles.

They obviously wanted to release this "upgrade" for the new season, but it's clearly not finished and hasn't been properly tested, it contains loads of bugs and hardly any content.
At the moment it's nowhere near as good as the old version, and that was rubbish.
This is exacerbated in Leicester's case because they obviously haven't yet employed someone to run the site, and it seems to be beyond them to add stuff until that happens.

DesertFox

This Player thing really is useless.

If I sign in using Firefox, it takes me to a blank page.

If I try to sign in using IE8, the page goes dark and it won't let me do anything else.

Then I switched IE8 to "compatibility view", and it would let me log in. Success at last.

But I don't know why I bothered.

There is no video content on the site at all. No interviews, no match highlights, nothing. Not even the stuff from last season.

They've "improved" it by removing all the content.

So I went to another club's site - Stockport. They played Valladolid last night, and they had highlights on their site this afternoon, and they also have lots of interviews etc. But still none of the old content from last season.

The websites are operated by a company called "Perform Media Services Limited". PMSL is kind of appropriate for this shambles.

They obviously wanted to release this "upgrade" for the new season, but it's clearly not finished and hasn't been properly tested, it contains loads of bugs and hardly any content.
At the moment it's nowhere near as good as the old version, and that was rubbish.
This is exacerbated in Leicester's case because they obviously haven't yet employed someone to run the site, and it seems to be beyond them to add stuff until that happens.
Thanks Jeff, made my decision to leave it for now a lot easier.

PMSL? :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: I PMSL when I read that!

Miles Away

I'm fighting the exact same battle at my place at the minute. An average conversation...

"We need to deliver this we've been promising for ages"

"but it's shit, it hasnt been tested, and it doesn't work"

pause

pause

"They won't notice"

Maybe I should give the citeh a bell...might be able to help 'em out a bit.

Last edited:

londonfox

I had a subscription to lcfc world which according to my account details runs out on August 17. Does anybody know if this subscription will automatically be renewed or will I have to re-subscribe to 'Player'?

I thought I could just go on there and click a button that said 'Renew my subscription' but that thing is really confusing.

Motown Fox

I had a subscription to lcfc world which according to my account details runs out on August 17. Does anybody know if this subscription will automatically be renewed or will I have to re-subscribe to 'Player'?

I thought I could just go on there and click a button that said 'Renew my subscription' but that thing is really confusing.

I paid £4.99 I think to have the World subscription which was "I was told" have excerts from the pre season games and the 1st few games of the new season. I think I will sue for breach of contract as no such highlights have been on The last game at Crewe is the "latest" game on there. Now since it changed to the new "Player" I cant get on at all!!!

Anyone know a separate phone number for them or do you have to go through the club itself?

Last edited:

DesertFox

Does anybody know if this subscription will automatically be renewed or will I have to re-subscribe to 'Player'?
I'm pretty sure it will renew automatically (ie: they take more money out of your account without asking you.)

The reason mine didn't renew automatically is because I had to get a new credit card after someone tried to buy a $3K holiday in Argentina on mine (and it wasn't feckin me!)

Matt_B

I'm pretty sure it will renew automatically (ie: they take more money out of your account without asking you.)

The reason mine didn't renew automatically is because I had to get a new credit card after someone tried to buy a $3K holiday in Argentina on mine (and it wasn't feckin me!)

That's a shame, you would have enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669