Leicester face questions about FFP

Leicester City is surprised at the actions the Premier League has taken today. The Club is extremely disappointed that the Premier League has chosen to charge LCFC now, despite the Club’s efforts to engage constructively with the Premier League in relation to the matters that are the subject of this charge, even though LCFC is not currently a Premier League club.
LCFC remains willing and eager to engage constructively with the Premier League and the EFL to seek the proper resolution of any potential charges, by the right bodies, and at the right time. The Club continues to take careful advice about its position and, if necessary, will continue to defend itself from any unlawful acts by the football authorities, should they seek to exercise jurisdiction where they cannot do so, as occurred earlier this year.
LCFC has repeatedly demonstrated its commitment to the P&S rules through its operating model over a considerable period, achieving compliance while pursuing sporting ambitions that are entirely credible given the consistent success that the Club has achieved in that time, both domestically and in European competition. As we continue to represent the Club’s position, we will continue to fight for the right of all clubs to pursue their ambitions, particularly where these have been reasonably and fairly established through sustained sporting achievement.
The Club thanks its supporters for their understanding in this matter and for their continued support for our team, whose success on the pitch during the final weeks of the season remains our primary focus.

So points deduction next season nailed on

Looks to me like we're banking on not being under the jurisdiction of either the PL or FL next season.

Maybe we're quitting to play in the Thai league?

"Dear FL, we are not part of your rules so bog off."
"Dear PL, we are not part of your rules so bog off."

Genuis strategy clowns.

Get the muppets out ffs

Looks to me like we're banking on not being under the jurisdiction of either the PL or FL next season.

Maybe we're quitting to play in the Thai league?

"Dear FL, we are not part of your rules so bog off."
"Dear PL, we are not part of your rules so bog off."

Genuis strategy clowns.
Maybe relegation was planned for this exact reason. Rudkin is obviously two steps ahead of the game :102: :030:

I have a lot of conflicting thoughts about all of this both around the management of the club and it's leadership. That said, I can't shake the feeling that the Premier League is massively over its ski's here or actively working to create a closed hierarchical system for itself. Or both.

The nature of the size of the clubs being punished, the lack of consistency in those punishments and the financial handbrake they are applying to promoted clubs all feels antithetical to competition.

When the headlines become points deductions, rather than about the football on the pitch or the big shiny new signings, I cant imagine the regulations will stay as they are.

That being said, we clearly aren’t staying within the rules as they stand today, therefore we should face punishments that others do.

There COULD be interesting ‘mitigating’ circumstances for a lot of clubs, but if I stick with LCFC what happened financially when we sacked Rodgers in terms of financials for him and his cronies?

If we lost (complete guess) somewhere around £30 million with the pay offs and again assuming this is in one hit, then surely the likes of Man City will always be better off as they change their managers less as they have more financial clout to change things internally?

If we've broken the rules, by all means throw the book at us. But do Man City and Chealsea first
Agreed, the only reason that Man City haven’t been charged is because they have more money and are able to employ lawyers that are kicking this into the long grass.

When the headlines become points deductions, rather than about the football on the pitch or the big shiny new signings, I cant imagine the regulations will stay as they are.

That being said, we clearly aren’t staying within the rules as they stand today, therefore we should face punishments that others do.

I agree that the rules are nonsensical. However, if we've fecked PSR for 22/23 despite selling both Fofana and Maddison within the reporting period, we deserve everything coming to us.

It is an act of complete incompetence.

Not to mention the 'internal review' at the end of the season when the scale of their failure was obvious to our owner. What did he do? Same as always, feck all.

We have a baby billionaire systematically ruining everything his father did and we continue to cheer him on and thank him for a free beer every now and again. It's pathetic.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463