Leicester face questions about FFP

Do we still own Belvoir Drive training ground??

Sounds like we might be nearing Reading stages of selling our training ground (Seagrave) to Forest.

So many heads need to roll because of this but ironically, we can't get rid of them as that will cost us even more money and therefore likely punish us even further.

I think this is just the beginning too, if we've totally obliterated the permitted losses last season, just imagine what they are going to look like this season!.....

My thoughts are that we just buy the points deduction each year until we don't need to.

I can’t help wondering if, had Everton been dealt with last season and we’d stayed up instead of them, if we would have been in a better position to be compliant. More TV money etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm more worried about the EFL punishments than the Premier League ones.

We damn sure had better secure promotion, because it's essential from a financial point of view to stop us breaching the rules even further I'd imagine, but because I also think the EFL will go a lot harder on us next season than the Premier League would.

Do we still own Belvoir Drive training ground??

Sounds like we might be nearing Reading stages of selling our training ground (Seagrave) to Forest.

So many heads need to roll because of this but ironically, we can't get rid of them as that will cost us even more money and therefore likely punish us even further.

I think this is just the beginning too, if we've totally obliterated the permitted losses last season, just imagine what they are going to look like this season!.....
Not too sure however, I believe the training ground actually helps lower spending in the eyes of the independent commission?

We (LCFC) are daft ****s.

It was clear as day a year and a half before it happened where Brendan was taking us. ****ing clowns.

The accounts that are about to be published will be to the end of last season won’t they (22/23)?

Relegation won’t be a factor then in the figures. We will get to see how badly we have ****ed this from Covid up to the point of relegation.

Christ it is depressing. When I think of the utter shit we bought under Brendan and Congertwat. Uggghhh.

Not too sure however, I believe the training ground actually helps lower spending in the eyes of the independent commission?
I think it’s more the case that spending on infrastructure is dealt with in a different way and ring fenced from the ffp calculation. We have still massively overspent in other areas.

I think a lot of people confuse FFP with the club's financial position...

Breaking FFP/PSR rules doesn't mean we're broke.

Just means we've spent more than the rules say we can.
If you don't think we are also not broke then you a living in cloud cuckoo land.

Getting relegated after years of consecutive losses really doesn't make the financial situation any better.

Our wage bill has been mental for years and it isn't any better now.

It was all a gamble that we would have sustained Europa League football at a minimum, possibly even relied on CL football again seeing as we had an equal wage budget to Spurs for quite a while, and we have got no where near that.

Then when you add covid on top of that it's even worse.

And now these FFP penalties really could send us into a death spiral.

The best outcome for our situation with the way I see things is that we manage to scrape through promotion and then somehow manage to get to 12 points despite starting on at least -10 points and having sold anyone decent.

This season again has been an absolute all or nothing gamble that we get promoted first time around and that was even before all the FFP troubles.

Our wage bill has been mental for years and it isn't any better now.

This is the only hope in all of noise for me. The end of this season probably brings that era of mental wages to a close, with Vardy, Albrighton, Vestergaard, Nacho and plenty of others out of contract. That's probably £1.2-1.5m a week off the wage bill.

Some of those players won't need replacing as they're barley used now, and if Vardy chooses to stay for a season with us he's probably not looking at more than £15-20k a week (I would imagine).

We never hear anything of substance from the clowns so all we can do is interpret their official statement.

Is it really a good thing to get all arsey about the charges? How on earth can they claim to be surprised by it all?

Everybody knows what happened.

They thought that we were going to stay at the top end of the PL and be able to sell assets whenever we needed to. They thought BR was going to be happy to manage us through the last couple of years skillfully and accepting of circumstances.

They were wrong.

I'd much rather my club say so. Be contrite and apologetic. Say that it was a misjudged approach and that lessons have been learned. Whatever really. Just something real.

Their statement is embarrassing.

We never hear anything of substance from the clowns so all we can do is interpret their official statement.

Is it really a good thing to get all arsey about the charges? How on earth can they claim to be surprised by it all?

Everybody knows what happened.

They thought that we were going to stay at the top end of the PL and be able to sell assets whenever we needed to. They thought BR was going to be happy to manage us through the last couple of years skillfully and accepting of circumstances.

They were wrong.

I'd much rather my club say so. Be contrite and apologetic. Say that it was a misjudged approach and that lessons have been learned. Whatever really. Just something real.

Their statement is embarrassing.
If you're going to be the subject of negative headlines, control the narrative and get in there first and talk about it before others do. We've done the opposite and said nothing until it's too late.

If you're going to be the subject of negative headlines, control the narrative and get in there first and talk about it before others do. We've done the opposite and said nothing until it's too late.

The twats in charge have not said a ****ing word about anything for years

I have nothing but contempt for that total **** Rodgers, but they left him to answer all the difficult questions, and it wasn’t surprising that he ended up getting mardy about it

They’ve done the exact same thing with Maresca - when we suffered that complete ****ing farce around Sensi, the poor bastard was left high and dry while the cowards in charge hid behind the sofa.

Absolute wankers, the lot of ‘em

As with most things this is just the end of a long, tedious spiral. We deliberately & methodically moved away from our way of doing things almost immediately after those methods delivered the greatest moment in our history. This ridiculous aspiration addiction goes way beyond football. Nothing is ever enough, we need to go to "the next level"

**** off. We won the PL & made the QF of the CL having spent next to **** all on players nobody else wanted. Whats the next level from that? There isn't one. We should have maintained our approach & consolidated as a top half PL team. THAT is the highest realistic level we can achieve long term. In some seasons we'd have made the europa, others not.

& when one of the big clubs had a shit year we could have been one of the clubs ready to pounce on the chance of the top 4. That should have been the business plan right from the start. NOT trying, ludicrously, to behave like the clubs we'd embarrassed by winning the title.

Oh...& of course, you have to add in...

...The Curse of the FA Cup

The twats in charge have not said a ****ing word about anything for years

I have nothing but contempt for that total **** Rodgers, but they left him to answer all the difficult questions, and it wasn’t surprising that he ended up getting mardy about it

They’ve done the exact same thing with Maresca - when we suffered that complete ****ing farce around Sensi, the poor bastard was left high and dry while the cowards in charge hid behind the sofa.

Absolute wankers, the lot of ‘em
I imagine he's already got his agent to get his next moved lined up and out of here whatever happens at the end of the season.

And the same with many players too as they will have all been sold a promise that the money is all good and there would be continued investment/improvements in the squad which certainly won't be happening for a few years now at least.

Tbh I'd be amazed if we go up now.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4585
5West Brom4573
6Norwich City4573
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4464
9Middlesbro4564