Leicester face questions about FFP

Now under an EFL player registration embargo.

Not that it's really worth much right now but if we don't go up, they are going to want to throw the book at us.

We seem to have taken this much worse than any other club facing similar charges has.

We're now taking legal action against the PL and EFL. On what basis, it doesn't seem to say.

We seem to have taken this much worse than any other club facing similar charges has.

We're now taking legal action against the PL and EFL. On what basis, it doesn't seem to say.
I can only assume we believe we have found, or we are being advised by our legal representative that we have found a loophole whereby we can say **** you to the rules of both the PL and EFL.

Seems extremely high risk but not real surprise when we have been playing a high risk game for the past 5+ years.

Even more of a risk when we have the same lawyer representing us that worked on Forest's case as he clearly didn't win that one and all reports suggest our breaches are much more serious than Forest & Everton.

Plus the **** you strategy obviously means we won't see any penalty reduced like Forest & Everton did.

The only winner here will be the lawyers - we certainly won't win this and both the PL and EFL risk devaluing their products value by restricting competition and therefore the excitement/unpredictability that makes our leagues so special.

The Premier League is going to be a mess next season. We'll be starting on negative points (should we go up) and if rumours are to be believed, Chelsea and Forest are about to fail FFP for this season.

They'll probably be others that we're not yet aware of too. Could easily be 4-5 teams starting on negative points.

I could be wrong, as it's all quite hard to follow, but I believe the rules changed so any breaches from this season will be dealt with on this seasons table/points.

Ours is slightly different as our breach was from last season, before the rules changed.

We have deliberately withheld information, failed to comply with any authority or process, and are coming out loud and proud to tell everyone to go **** themselves

As well is being over the P&S limits by what I suspect is a mind-boggling amount

They’ll throw the ****ing book at us, and so they should. These rules were created for incompetent and/or cheating ****s - which is what we appear to be

Yes, it's all perfectly valid based on the rules.

How I interpreted our response is it is more of a swipe at the structure - our defence is basically 'If you believe football is a meritocracy, we incurred this whilst aiming for the very top - and we've managed to actually win things, too"

It's a good point, just not in the context of legal debate. We won't win any brownie points but at least we're saying "We made bad decisions but it was chasing your bastard dragon with you cheering us on, you hypocrites"

Anyone willing to actually get vocal against the ****s that have done this to us yet?

I bet the KP is still like a morgue at the next game.

When I think of the shit our fans gave people like Little, Chilwell, Fofana and then realise they'll do **** all to stand up and say what needs saying against ****s like Rudkin who are causing real and lasting damage to us.

Won't help the current situation Lako.

A lot easier said than done but the players and fans need to forget about this and do everything they can to ensure we go straight back up as we need that wonga so bad.

Without it, then it could be the beginning of something a lot worse than adminstration was those years back

We do seem to be being punished before our accounts have even been published. It’s jumping the gun somewhat.

We do seem to be being punished before our accounts have even been published. It’s jumping the gun somewhat.

The PL/FL know our finances for 22/23 because we had to submit them a while back. They've just not been published. If you read the decision by the FL after we challenged them, the amount for this year, and next, were roughly set out. I posted the figures on here.

And do you think we have withheld those accounts as we have made too much money?

Even Stevie Wonder can see we are desperately trying to fiddle the books even more than we already do.

I believe there is a deadline too in which they should be published by which all teams have to do.

And do you think we have withheld those accounts as we have made too much money?

Even Stevie Wonder can see we are desperately trying to fiddle the books even more than we already do.

I believe there is a deadline too in which they should be published by which all teams have to do.
Perhaps it’s because we don’t have to publish them yet?

My understanding is that we had to file them a while ago with the league, but we don’t have to publicly announce them until they need to be filed with HMRC, which I think is the end of March. We’re in this position of talking about it now as we’ve delayed filing them for as long as possible.

I could be wrong though.

Amazed so many experts on here know what is happening behind the scenes financially, whilst at the same time moaning that we don’t know what’s happening behind the scenes because the board don’t say anything…

I don’t think there is any denying we have breached. The club appears to acknowledge it:-

“The Club is committed to ensure that any charges against it are properly and proportionately determined, in accordance with the applicable rules, by the right bodies, and at the right time.”

They do however also still seem to think that the reporting period isn’t closed yet, so rubbing of hands with glee and wading in to bury Leicester City Football Club before we have even been pronounced dead is somewhat premature.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463