Leicester/Huddersfield v Wigan FA Cup 5th round

Status
Not open for further replies.

FryattFox

Another exageration of someones opinion.

There is obviously nothing wrong with anything anyone said on here if people have to go to extremes to make someones opinion look stupid.

Yep, and it's probably the first instance of exaggeration on the internet, let alone this forum.

People were exaggerating the effects and issues caused by the draw on Saturday, and losing a lot of perspective. Why is one joke comment here making someone's opinion look stupid, and yet you can call someone an idiot (and stronger) for their opinion? My comment was hardly attacking an individual poster or post, and I thought that it was mildly amusing. Tbh I find much of the exaggeration and joke comments on here humorous, whichever way they opine.

But if you'd rather every post was a deadly serious review on what went wrong (or right) after every match please feel free to put me, and others, on ignore. I'll neither know nor care.

fitz

Best sack him now. There are a load of great unemployed managers out there who could do a fantastic job so I'm told. I can't think of any off the top of my head 'tho. Some of the Pea Son out brigade will no doubt be able to enlighten me.

I'd like to see us get that Appleton bloke who is managing someone at the moment. I'm not sure why he is good or which team he is managing this week but he's managed a few teams this season so must be good.

M17TT C

What? Moi?!

But you posted after me. :102:

Nah Lako, I'm usually the moaner about people having to take points to an extreme to try and validate them.

Now I'm just moaning about people using my lines. :icon_lol:

FryattFox

Nah Lako, I'm usually the moaner about people having to take points to an extreme to try and validate them.

Now I'm just moaning about people using my lines. :icon_lol:

As long as there's plenty of people moaning whose opinions I can exaggerate to make them look stupid, then I'm happy.

Willlow

4 days isn't very long for tickets to be sold for the 5th round...if we get through

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Perhaps they will get them ready to be printed in advance so will do ST holders Wednesday/Thursday Members on Thursday and everyone else on Friday. I would imagine there will still be room on Saturday in any case.

It may even be that they intend to play the game on the Sunday and put off the Charlton game to the Wednesday.

SJN-Fox

If we get through, the game is on Sunday 17th Feb, 3.55pm and televised by ITV

Well that's just ****ing typical, back in October I arranged to go segway rallying on the 17th with a whole bunch of folks, safe in the knowledge that our home game was on the Saturday. :098:

Biffa Bacon

So does the Charlton game get moved to the Wednesday then?

No Pea son is planning to field the U16's in the replay so that we get knocked out and don't have to worry about fixture congestion.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
So does the Charlton game get moved to the Wednesday then?

From Charlton's official site:

"supporters are advised that if Leicester City defeat Huddersfield Town in the fourth round of the FA Cup on February 12th, Charlton’s scheduled league match against the Foxes on Tuesday, February 19th (7.45pm) will be delayed by 24 hours.

This is because the fifth-round tie between Wigan Athletic and the winner of the Leicester v Huddersfield match has been scheduled for Sunday, February 17th.

As a result, should the Foxes win, Charlton’s Championship match at King Power Stadium the following midweek would be pushed back to Wednesday, February 20th (7.45pm)."

It seems ridiculous to wait until a week before the match to reschedule it, when they could just do it now.

Biffa Bacon

From Charlton's official site:

"supporters are advised that if Leicester City defeat Huddersfield Town in the fourth round of the FA Cup on February 12th, Charlton’s scheduled league match against the Foxes on Tuesday, February 19th (7.45pm) will be delayed by 24 hours.

This is because the fifth-round tie between Wigan Athletic and the winner of the Leicester v Huddersfield match has been scheduled for Sunday, February 17th.

As a result, should the Foxes win, Charlton’s Championship match at King Power Stadium the following midweek would be pushed back to Wednesday, February 20th (7.45pm)."

It seems ridiculous to wait until a week before the match to reschedule it, when they could just do it now.

It does seem silly not to make the decision now, not that it affects me because I can't make it either day.

Matt_B

Does anyone know if the kop is open for the replay? It doesn't make it clear when I book tickets online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669