Speculation Leicester refused permission to talk to Pearson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit more info starting to unravel...

Stringer's twitter:

StringerSport Ian Stringer
The BBC understand Nigel Pearson wants to talk to #lcfc about vacant manager's job even though Hull turned down an approach. More to come

And the guy who broke the Sven sacking story:

John__Percy John Percy
To confirm earlier tweet from @StringerSport Nigel Pearson has told #hcafc this morning he wants to speak to #lcfc - surely inevitable now

I think the problem is that given our extravagant spending spree and the appointment of Sven, I believe that some fans have become star struck and think we have become some glamarous team that now should only look to attract star names, the cold hard facts are that unfortunately that route has not been successful, and we desperately need some grit, organisation and discipline. Pearson has that in abundance.
100% agree with this. Also I believe the owners do, and by appointing Pearson are admitting to their mistake.

Last edited:
Bit more info starting to unravel...

Stringer's twitter:

StringerSport Ian Stringer
The BBC understand Nigel Pearson wants to talk to #lcfc about vacant manager's job even though Hull turned down an approach. More to come

And the guy who broke the Sven sacking story:

John__Percy John Percy
To confirm earlier tweet from @StringerSport Nigel Pearson has told #hcafc this morning he wants to speak to #lcfc - surely inevitable now

All ties in with what I was told earlier. Pearson in by Weds latest.

First job on his list:

Recall Oakley and Waghorn

Oh cripes....

SSN Breaking News Ticker - Leicester to make another approach for Nigel Pearson

I think the problem is that given our extravagant spending spree and the appointment of Sven, I believe that some fans have become star struck and think we have become some glamarous team that now should only look to attract star names,

Spot on. Ask a fan from each team in our division and the majority would say as support we are arrogant (equally on the pitch too). A Forest fan at work said an appointment of Davies/Pearson would be the most 'realistic' any team has made for a while.

Spot on. Ask a fan from each team in our division and the majority would say as support we are arrogant (equally on the pitch too). A Forest fan at work said an appointment of Davies/Pearson would be the most 'realistic' any team has made for a while.
They're no Malky Mackay.

I think the problem is that given our extravagant spending spree and the appointment of Sven, I believe that some fans have become star struck and think we have become some glamarous team that now should only look to attract star names, the cold hard facts are that unfortunately that route has not been successful, and we desperately need some grit, organisation and discipline. Pearson has that in abundance.

I'm not star struck in the slightest. I never expected Ancelotti or O'Neill to be our next manager. I just think there are managers out there, out of work with experience of getting out of this league and being promotion contenders year in year out Those are far higher credentials than Pearson. Yes he got us to the play-offs but that doesn't make him the Messiah. The reason I'm against a Pearson move, is because I don't think he is the right man for our squad and the ambitions of our owners. Like it or not, they do want nice passing football. Something Pearson is not renowned for and never will be. People are saying he cuts his cloth accordingly but he will never be a manager that will ever by into the total football philosophy.

That means that our squad will need players selling, loaned out but ultimately replaced which in turn means another busy transfer window, whether it be in the loan market or with permananet buys. The squad will have once again go through a bedding in phase before they are all on the same wave length. This is not what the club needs. Does no one see that a settled squad that plays a nice passing game is currently top of the league right now. We need consistency in our management and recruitment policies. Yes I agree we need a couple of wide men but apart from that we are well equipped to be a top 6 team.

I think their mistake may have been taking advice from MM and Hoos about Pearson

I agree, I was just about to make the same point before I read your post.
The Thai's were pretty dependant on MM and Hoos and for whatever reason they decided that Nigel was not the future for LCFC and engineered his departure. They did not know much better having only looked into the World of English football from afar via the media TV etc. Perhaps Nigel pissed off MM/Hoos somehow but the Thai's now having been here for over a year now have their own ideas about what is needed and now see that perhaps MM had given them a clouded view of Nigel and that actually he wasn't too bad a job. I mean he got City to the Playoffs and then almost got Hull there the following season and has them up there again this season without the massive resources that our Thai owners can provide. So you can see how their logic is working with more money backing Nigel could provide the necessary missing link to getting us into the Premier League. As for staying there well thats another question.

Last edited:

I agree with this.

Pearson would be a good appointment, and the only 2 I would have taken ahead of him is probably either davies or MON.

Nothing wrong with the owners realising the club made a mistake in letting him go.

Oi prof it weren't that long ago I was defending Hobbs when you were slagging him off for not being good enough when distributing the ball from the back! You've changed your tune!

I cannot speak for everybody, but I sense that those who are disappointed would have settled for Billy Davis or the like. Pearson has an OK record in the Championship, but not spectacular and I would seriously doubt that he would get us up this season. (I really hope that I am wrong!)

I'm not star struck in the slightest. I never expected Ancelotti or O'Neill to be our next manager. I just think there are managers out there, out of work with experience of getting out of this league and being promotion contenders year in year out Those are far higher credentials than Pearson. Yes he got us to the play-offs but that doesn't make him the Messiah. The reason I'm against a Pearson move, is because I don't think he is the right man for our squad and the ambitions of our owners. Like it or not, they do want nice passing football. Something Pearson is not renowned for and never will be. People are saying he cuts his cloth accordingly but he will never be a manager that will ever by into the total football philosophy.

Who do? The owners? - If so, how do you know? - I thought they just want promotion?

Seems to be a fair bit of anti Pearson feelings flying about. I for one welcome the appointment if it happens.

His managerial CV so far is to save Carlisle from relegation and then repeat the trick with Southampton. With us he won the Division Championship and then only went out in the playoffs in a penalty shootout. Now at Hull he has turned round a car crash outfit into a team that is above us with nothing like the same level of investment. In short he has succeeded in his brief everytime. Why are some so sure he couldn't cut the mustard in the Premier?

A promotion season is littered with 1 - 0 wins. As far as I am concerned, getting those wins is the most important thing, and the playing style is secondary to the result. Admittedly half of his time here was in League 1 but he has the best wins per game ratio of any permenant LCFC manager.

"When you're on holiday and you find out that the consortium that subsequently takes over [the club] has been shown round while you're the manager and you don't know anything about it, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what's happening. "What I would say is that now I'm working for people who clearly want me to stay there and be their manager.
"The jury may be out in terms of the fans at the moment, but I have a good working relationship with my superiors, which I certainly didn't with the chief executive at Leicester City."

Pearson in October last year, I wonder what has changed his mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669