Speculation Leicester refused permission to talk to Pearson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does no one see that a settled squad that plays a nice passing game is currently top of the league right now.

What happened when they came to the KP?

Shows what this team can do when they can be bothered. Maybe NP can be the person to make them bothered.
Hopefully if we are 3 - 0 up at half time, he'll go for the jugular and not rest on his laurels.

"When you're on holiday and you find out that the consortium that subsequently takes over [the club] has been shown round while you're the manager and you don't know anything about it, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what's happening. "What I would say is that now I'm working for people who clearly want me to stay there and be their manager.
"The jury may be out in terms of the fans at the moment, but I have a good working relationship with my superiors, which I certainly didn't with the chief executive at Leicester City."

Pearson in October last year, I wonder what has changed his mind?

Well, the chief executive has thankfully fecked off now. In hindsight, Hoos was terrible. He appeared to be constantly working against Pearson and ended up driving him out, I even heard that we had agreed a deal for Cleverley to return to us on loan in our championship season for a small fee and Hoos effectively told Ferguson that he should come to us for free and Fergie promptly (and quite rightly IMO) pulled the plug.

Andrew Neville seems to be much more capable of enabling the club to move forward, just need to get the manager in place now. Whether or not Pearson is the answer, I'm not too sure.

I somehow just can't muster any enthusiasm for NP coming back.

Have we all forgot he also wanted to speak to Hull at the time he left and that he felt we should have tried harded to block his move to the East Riding Of Yorkshire, and that he got the arse because we didn't?

NP coming back shows we have spunked over 10 million for nothing and wasted 18 months. Fantastic.

Who do? The owners? - If so, how do you know? - I thought they just want promotion?

I'm sure they've gone on record with that, but even if not look at their appointments, Sousa and Sven which are both managers who share the same passing football ethic. They want to maximise exposure of their brand and therefore if and when we get promoted, the best way to do that is to adopt the beautiful game. That way you get more matches featured on Sky. It's no coincidence that the likes of Stoke, Wolves, Balckburn and Bolton are among the teams with the fewest featured matches, despite being clubs that are established in the division

Well, the chief executive has thankfully fecked off now. In hindsight, Hoos was terrible. He appeared to be constantly working against Pearson and ended up driving him out, I even heard that we had agreed a deal for Cleverley to return to us on loan in our championship season for a small fee and Hoos effectively told Ferguson that he should come to us for free and Fergie promptly (and quite rightly IMO) pulled the plug.

Andrew Neville seems to be much more capable of enabling the club to move forward, just need to get the manager in place now. Whether or not Pearson is the answer, I'm not too sure.

Indeed, for all the debate about our current owners mistake in letting Pearson go it seems obvious Hoos really to blame. Not that I could imagine Pearson being unable to also fall out with them.

I'm sure they've gone on record with that, but even if not look at their appointments, Sousa and Sven which are both managers who share the same passing football ethic. They want to maximise exposure of their brand and therefore if and when we get promoted, the best way to do that is to adopt the beautiful game. That way you get more matches featured on Sky. It's no coincidence that the likes of Stoke, Wolves, Balckburn and Bolton are among the teams with the fewest featured matches, despite being clubs that are established in the division

Fans support winning teams. If Man U were top of the league playing rubbish footy they would still have a huge following abroad and in this country.

Stoke, Wolves, Balckburn and Bolton may not get many games, but do other lowly teams who are seen to play better footy?

How have we wasted £10million?, there still our players, imo Kasper Mills Pelts Konch Nugent and Beckford could be part of a top Championship team if man managed correctly add a good creative midfielder and a decent winger and we can climb into contention. If were in the top6 in january, im sure most fans would have took that at start of season

And they both share the same way of exiting the club, by being sacked for crap results.
Pearson may not like his teams to play 33 consecutive passes before his striker bends one into the bottom corner, but what he does do is get the job done.
I'm sure if teams like Stoke, Wolves, Blackburn and Bolton were competing at the top of the table, winning trophies etc on a regular basis, then they would feature more on Sky along with Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, etc...

Personally i would like Nigel to get his arse back into Leicester today and use the international break to get the team motivated and confident to almost start the season again, kicking off with a 3-0 win against Palace.

COME ON LEICESTER!

Alan Young said Danns was to blame for not closing down Clayton. Danns couldn't do a thing right according to Young.

Stringer thought Young was going to give MotM to Mills. He gave it to Bamba.

Young was correct on this occasion, Mills got what clearance in he could, unfortunately our entire ****ing team seemed uninterested in contesting 2nd balls all game, hence the reason we lost.

To blame Mills for that goal is wrong Imo

When has Pearson ever gone for the jugular at 3-0 up. He's more likely to rest on his laurels at 1-0. Besides we weren't 3-0 up against Southampton and it was 3-1 at half time.

And they both share the same way of exiting the club, by being sacked for crap results.
Pearson may not like his teams to play 33 consecutive passes before his striker bends one into the bottom corner, but what he does do is get the job done.
I'm sure if teams like Stoke, Wolves, Blackburn and Bolton were competing at the top of the table, winning trophies etc on a regular basis, then they would feature more on Sky along with Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, etc...

Personally i would like Nigel to get his arse back into Leicester today and use the international break to get the team motivated and confident to almost start the season again, kicking off with a 3-0 win against Palace.

COME ON LEICESTER!

Did you not see where Stoke finished last season? They still don't get the coverage

When has Pearson ever gone for the jugular at 3-0 up. He's more likely to rest on his laurels at 1-0. Besides we weren't 3-0 up against Southampton and it was 3-1 at half time.

Take your facts elsewhere, we don't like facts round ere

Have we all forgot he also wanted to speak to Hull at the time he left and that he felt we should have tried harded to block his move to the East Riding Of Yorkshire, and that he got the arse because we didn't?

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

NP was being undermined. Were it not for that I'm sure he wouldn't have left.

Wasn't many times under Pearson, we were two or three down within twenty minutes. With this urge for 'good passing football', it appears competent defending means feck all.

Last edited:
and didn't Stoke finish in the bottom half of the table last year?

With this urge for 'good passing football', it appears competent defending means feck all.

It works fine for other teams though doesn't it? I would love to see us play good passing football with the right balance of players in the side, we clearly haven't got the balance right though and the pending arrival of Mr Pearson kills any chance of seeing a balanced passing side in the near future.

and didn't Stoke finish in the bottom half of the table last year?

I'd take finishing in the bottom half of the countries top league for a few seasons. Wouldn't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669