Leicester Riders 2006/07

Status
Not open for further replies.
how did the usa not win that?

NBA restrict the number of players they can use and then the rules are a lot different to NBA Basketball. Shot Clock Violations etc. NBA is end to end, score every 2 seconds. International Basketball is more tactical, build up the move and then the defence has to be strong.

USA lost in the semi-finals, I think to Greece.

My mate used to play basketball for England in the 70's. He even toured America and played against the Harlem Globetrotters

My dad used to work with someone who played for the riders and i think GB or england or somethink like that. Went by the name of Chalkie....

My dad used to work with someone who played for the riders and i think GB or england or somethink like that. Went by the name of Chalkie....
White guy :102: :icon_lol:

My mate isn't called Chalkie

White guy :102: :icon_lol:

My mate isn't called Chalkie

yep you got it, a white guy.:icon_lol:

he was only a part time player (carpenter rest of the time), played for riders till about 4/5 years a go I think. cant remeber his bloody name now.

I used to play a bit as a kid, but was never tall enough. More recently my neice played for England girls, but had to give up at 18 through injury.

I find it one of those sports that is more entertaining at lower levels than the professional game.

I used to play a bit as a kid, but was never tall enough. More recently my neice played for England girls, but had to give up at 18 through injury.

I find it one of those sports that is more entertaining at lower levels than the professional game.
I do keep meaning to go down and watch the Riders to see what it's all about.

But as I'm not "into" the sport and I have a 30 mile round trip, I always manage to talk myself out of it

I do keep meaning to go down and watch the Riders to see what it's all about.

But as I'm not "into" the sport and I have a 30 mile round trip, I always manage to talk myself out of it

It used to be ideal when Granby Halls was about, watch City, have something to eat and drink, go Granby Halls.

I suppose you can do the same but the John Stanford Centre is somewhat took away. I have done though, I think I went to see City play Rotherham at the Walkers, Local Hero for some grub and then walked to the JSC and watched the Riders.

I know this probably doesnt narrow it down much but I think chalkies first name may have been carl. Any ideas anyone?

Leicester Riders sign Andrew Alleyne (Barbados international). He has played for Milton Keynes and Brighton over the past six years.

http://www.bbl.org.uk/news-detail.php?NewsID=445

“Andrew is a great veteran of the league,” said Brown. “He’s one of the best inside players in the league, either at centre or power forward. He’ll bring a real inside presence to the team.

“He’s been a consistent performer throughout his career and is a fantastic rebounder and a good scorer too.”

Last season Alleyne was won of the BBL’s top rebounders (9.24 per game) and shot blockers (1.13) as well as averaging 16 points per game for the Bears. He was a driving force in Brighton’s league-winning side in 2003/04 season and the following year was named Most Valuable Player as he guided them to Cup glory."

The Riders have signed Terrence McGee who was one of the leagues top scorers with Brighton last year. Darren Mills has resigned with the club.

Leicester lost their opening game tonight 81-79 against London United. Leicester were leading 73-52 at the start of the fourth quarter and they still managed to lose. :eek: Fourteen turnovers in the fourth quarter...

They haven't won an opening fixture since 1995.

Leicester lost their opening game tonight 81-79 against London United. Leicester were leading 73-52 at the start of the fourth quarter and they still managed to lose. :eek: Fourteen turnovers in the fourth quarter...

They haven't won an opening fixture since 1995.

21-6 in the last quarter, silly, something the Riders were subject to last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669