Match Thread Leicester v Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well….

We are getting battered but are level. Think we are a bit lucky.

Ward and Faes really are accidents waiting to happen. Castagne too. Both wingers anonymous.

Praet tidy, Nacho leading the line as best he can. Nice little finish on his right foot. Souttar seems to be growing into the premier league.

Be amazed if we get anything out of this. I’ve got lockjaw watching that first half.

Been listening to the first half on 5live and those stats pretty much say it all don’t they. I certainly hope our manager understands we are being outplayed and does something proactive. But fully expect the pre-planned 70th minute subs.

Heard Harvey’s name once. Tete sounds as if he’s done ok when the ball has left our third of the pitch.

We've done well in restricting them to barely any chances. We are badly missing Maddison and I think we could do with Youri on the pitch but I'm not sure who for.

Well, a few HT obs:

Everyone of us and everyone else near us could see that Ward was being pinned to the ground by White. How on earth the Ref or Linesman hasn't spotted it is beyond me. Ward actually does very well indeed considering he's being completely anchored.

Barnes is getting super frustrated and I don't blame him. Every time he gets forward he looks to his right and there is a massive empty gap where Maddison usually plays. None of our midfielders are going him any options whatsoever

I also feel for Nacho who is finding the space but is then either being largely ignored by the midfield or he has absolutely no one up along side him to help out. He isn't having his best game but I can't blame the poor bastard today.

Still, it's nil nil and I have a hot chocolate and a flapjack (not a Lidl or Aldi one, BN) so things are looking okay.

Didn't take long for Bodgers to suck the ****ing confidence out of us again did it.

Has he? Think he's been missing for large parts.
He has. He's been as anonymous as ever. Barnes and Tete have absolutely nothing at all in the middle to pass into. Absolutely nothing.

Souttar has probably been our best player again.

Back to isolating the lone striker.

Tete is absolutely shit

Praet is just not mobile enough. He doesn't cover the pitch well enough for this standard of football.

There’s definitely a gap in the 10 spot, but I’m not sure which of KDH or Praet is supposed to be in it. If either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669