Pre Match Leicester v Blackburn FA Cup R5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a nacho goal to get him going in the league again.
Need to play against shit defenders like Tyrone Mings and Eric Dier to get him going again. Don't know anything about the Blackburn defence but we do have Southampton up after that.

Just pick the strongest possible 11 and go out there and try and get the ****ing win. Jesus, it's not rocket science. And it's not an either-or situation. We can get into the quarter finals of the FA Cup without being resigned to relegation.

Finishing 15th isn't success it's just being grateful for being in the premier league and letting other clubs walk all over us, winning the FA cup and finishing 15th would be a great season.
I'm talking about where and who we are now. Regrettably, we aren't what we were. I won't live in the past mate.

There is of course more than a trophy on the line here. Pretty sure the FA Cup gets you into the Europa League.

**** me, I now understand why I think you are such a ****...

You are Brendan Rodgers
Ah so momentum and confidence can **** right off then. I couldn’t give two shiny ****s what Rodgers says or does but any **** with a working brain cell can see that losing to Blackburn would be incredibly destructive and that winning something might be quite pleasing.

If football makes you such an angry little miserable **** then why bother with it? Get yourself on a golf course and be happy in your own company where you can piss and moan about everything until your heart’s content.

That’s exactly why you should want us to play our strongest 11 and try to win. Like londonfox writes, it’s not a case of ‘either, or’. Playing our strongest 11 and winning can only help things In the league.

No, it's more complex than that.

Most people would assess our qualities this season and rationally come to the conclusion that we cannot win the FA Cup this season. The moment we come up against a better side, we'll be out.

With that in mind and with a genuine threat of relegation being far and away the most important thing right now, I want us to focus on the game against Southampton and the following PL matches. I don't want anything else distracting us. I don't want injuries picked up in FA Cup games impacting our survival hopes.

No, it's more complex than that.

Most people would assess our qualities this season and rationally come to the conclusion that we cannot win the FA Cup this season. The moment we come up against a better side, we'll be out.

With that in mind and with a genuine threat of relegation being far and away the most important thing right now, I want us to focus on the game against Southampton and the following PL matches. I don't want anything else distracting us. I don't want injuries picked up in FA Cup games impacting our survival hopes.
Fortunately, football doesn't work to your agenda. Whilst we are in it, we can win it. Unlike you, I'm not panicking about the league; we'll be fine. Let's have the balls to try and salvage something from a ****ing miserable season.

Ah so momentum and confidence can **** right off then. I couldn’t give two shiny ****s what Rodgers says or does but any **** with a working brain cell can see that losing to Blackburn would be incredibly destructive and that winning something might be quite pleasing.

If football makes you such an angry little miserable **** then why bother with it? Get yourself on a golf course and be happy in your own company where you can piss and moan about everything until your heart’s content.
Thanks, but I think you missed my point

Worryingly, I think the club has the same delusional and elitist mentality as the majority of our fan base, in that of course we’ll be totally fine.

We have 24 points from 24 games. We’re 3 points away from the bottom 3. And it appears as though all confidence has drained from our players in such a rapid space of time.

We’re in a relegation scrap and all focus needs to be on that. **** Tuesday’s match.

That’s exactly why you should want us to play our strongest 11 and try to win. Like londonfox writes, it’s not a case of ‘either, or’. Playing our strongest 11 and winning can only help things In the league.
We need to manage this carefully. Whilst we're in a relegation scrap (we actually are, the league table doesn't lie) then we need all our attention on the league.

It would be great to challenge for a cup but I can't say it's a priority for me. It is either or.

Fortunately, football doesn't work to your agenda. Whilst we are in it, we can win it. Unlike you, I'm not panicking about the league; we'll be fine. Let's have the balls to try and salvage something from a ****ing miserable season.
We're very fortunate that it doesn't work to yours either. It doesn't work to any particular fan agenda. It has been a miserable season so far. At this point just staying up is fine, super smashing great.

You're really not in a position to accuse someone else of being an angry little miserable **** when you're the most angry little miserable **** on here.

Go outside and try to relax you tense little man. :043:

You're really not in a position to accuse someone else of being an angry little miserable **** when you're the most angry little miserable **** on here.

Go outside and try to relax you tense little man. :043:
You're becoming a little obsessed with me now.

It's sweet and that but with school starting back tomorrow, I'd concentrate on packing your bag and trying to get the education you quite clearly need, including understanding what the word 'miserable' means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669