Pre Match Leicester v Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

Moving swiftly on from today's game, let's start looking ahead to the next one.

No away points again makes it all the more important we keep our good home form going.

I'd go for:

Schmeichel

Moore
Whitbread (if fit)/SSL
Morgan
Konchesky

Marshall
Drinkwater
King (again, if fit. Danns if not)
Knockaert

Nugent
Beckford

I'm losing interest already and we have only played 5 league games...I am certain I am not alone in this sentiment...

Is there such a thing as a 'must win' after just a handful of games?

I'm losing interest already and we have only played 5 league games...I am certain I am not alone in this sentiment...

Nope, you're not alone. I've just about given up on this season already. We've no chance of anything other than a mid table finish with this manager. Anything other than three points from every home game at the moment will leave him under intense pressure.

Trouble is, I have no faith that even sacking NP would result in us getting on better with his replacement. After all, the owners have made three rank bad managerial decisions so far.

We had " Keep the faith" and " Foxes never quit" this year I believe it's " give the **** up after 5 games"

What surprises me, is the fact that some of you seem to be surprised. When we were acquiring the bulk of the close season signings, many posts suggested that these were the back up players and that the quality would come later. When it didn't, the 'back up players' became mythical giants (Someone, I can't remember whom, referred to Matt James as the new Paul Scholes!)

Do any posters look at this group of players and think it is a Championship winning squad (Not that Pearson has brought in some good players - but that we have the squad)?

No, I don't. But then, looking at Reading's last season, I wouldn't have said that they did either.

What surprises me, is the fact that some of you seem to be surprised. When we were acquiring the bulk of the close season signings, many posts suggested that these were the back up players and that the quality would come later. When it didn't, the 'back up players' became mythical giants (Someone, I can't remember whom, referred to Matt James as the new Paul Scholes!)

Do any posters look at this group of players and think it is a Championship winning squad (Not that Pearson has brought in some good players - but that we have the squad)?

If I look at it as an opposition fan and not a blinkered Leicester fan, then yes, we do have an enviable squad. They aren't playing as one for sure, but on paper our team looks as good as any.

were 3pts off the top 6 ffs, id be worried if we were playing crap but we arent, from what ive seen we are a better team than Blackburn and Blackpool allbeit less consistent, im not a 100%NP fan, but minor tweaks required not major surgery as in previous 2 seasons, this time next week the forum could be full of optomism, for the Burnley game id move Moore to rb and bring in Zak or SSL Konch for Dyer Beks for Nugent, my outlook is as always positive 3-0 foxes Beks2 Vardy

I'm with you on this one.

It's not really to do with my expectations or of current squad/manager.

I've just seen this before and I know the outcome.

I'm so utterly desperate for NP to click because another change means writing off the season.

Personally I've always had complete confidence in NP's ability to judge a player. His promotion/playoff side was built on players I had never heard of.

Unfortunately its the other side of his management that I am now starting to question.

were 3pts off the top 6 ffs, id be worried if we were playing crap but we arent, from what ive seen we are a better team than Blackburn and Blackpool allbeit less consistent, im not a 100%NP fan, but minor tweaks required not major surgery as in previous 2 seasons, this time next week the forum could be full of optomism, for the Burnley game id move Moore to rb and bring in Zak or SSL Konch for Dyer Beks for Nugent, my outlook is as always positive 3-0 foxes Beks2 Vardy

I admire you optimism but your forgetting the end of last season.

So far under NP we have not once looked like promotion contenders over a period of 3-4 games. There was at least one point under Sven where we absolutely dominated and looked like world beaters during a 13 (?) game unbeaten streak (I know it all came crashing down).

At least we are massively consistent and have been for years now. You all know what to expect.

I don't get how people can consistently say we are the better team (i did against Charlton) when we need to concede 2 to start giving it a go.

Why don't we play it tight away from home and look to frustrate the opposition rather than this 4-4-2 all guns blazing way of playing?

Surely all you need to do is win the majority of your home games (18=54), about (7-8=21-24) away games and about (5=5) draws to give you around 81 points, it's not that radical is it?

I'm with you on this one.

It's not really to do with my expectations or of current squad/manager.

I've just seen this before and I know the outcome.

I'm so utterly desperate for NP to click because another change means writing off the season.

I agree with you on this. For me though, a big part of is the fan reaction. People will start to get on his back more and more until the board get rid.

I think there is no way, unless we're in a relegation struggle, that we should get rid of Pearson this season. We've been stuck in this pattern for far too long.

Schmeichel

De Laet - Morgan - St. Ledger/Whitbread - Konchesky

Marshall - Drinkwater - King - Knockaert

Vardy - Beckford

If Knockaert isn't starting Pearson is doing himself no favours whatsoever. Nugent, as much as I rate him, is now 11 games without a goal. I'm no Beckford fan but he probably deserves another shot.

I would definitely, definitely have Beckford starting the next game. I'd prefer him to be alongside Nugent though. They looked like a good partnership in the second half of last season.

I don't understand all the cries for Neil Danns to be involved. Classic case of becoming a better player when you're not playing I think...

Nope, you're not alone. I've just about given up on this season already.

Cheer up. On current form, it is going to be an average season just like so many before. Enjoy the wins and forget the losses. Some of the language by some on here after a loss suggests that their mood for the next three days is dependant on City's results.

I'd give Beckford and Nugent a go. Continually starting Vardy up front is only going to heap more and more pressure on him and he's got enough already. Bring him on with 25 to go and I'm sure he'll have much more joy.

I'd give Beckford and Nugent a go. Continually starting Vardy up front is only going to heap more and more pressure on him and he's got enough already. Bring him on with 25 to go and I'm sure he'll have much more joy.

Unfortunately it's far to late for this, I fear he can only persist with him to avoid destroying his confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669