Pre Match Leicester v Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.
how high above the ground was the helicopter when they dropped him?

The away end at Selhurst park is awful, I was towards the back of the stand and you can't actually see the sky at all, so I would hazards a guess at about 600ft from his general positioning and anticipation throughout his stint on the pitch.

Having said that I'm not sure it would make the biggest of differences if it was actually only 300ft

Burnley are not going to win many games this season - but they will pick up the odd three points. Albion's big win will make Burnley dangerous and they normally defend better. If we don't get an early goal it could be difficult.

I would be inclined to play an unchanged team, with the possible exception of (a) Simpson in for RDL, who had another tough afternoon at Palace, and (b) James in for Hammond, who has been excellent at showing for the ball and dictating play, but hasn't shown much creatively and is a little bit sideways for my liking, particularly when we're looking for 3 points. Prior to Saturday, I would have seen Mahrez challenging Nuge or Vardy, but his display as a substitute lacked any determination (including shirking one challenge totally which led to a dangerous counter attack) and I don't think we can carry that sort of attitude in the Premier League.

Burnley are not going to win many games this season - but they will pick up the odd three points. Albion's big win will make Burnley dangerous and they normally defend better. If we don't get an early goal it could be difficult.

Agreed. People's expectations have been massively raised by our performances in the first 5 games. Whilst Burnley have looked poor, and our squad has come on significantly since last year, no match is easy in this league.

If we score early we'll be fine, and I still expect us to win comfortably based on current form, but I fear that if we're struggling to break them down early then it'll be tough going. Never mind the inevitable booing at half time...

I can see this being a tedious experience in the stands.

The mongs will be restless if we have not banged a couple in after 20 minutes and all good feeling built by the decent atmospheres at home so far this season will be destroyed in a nuclear explosion of horsecockery

Cambo looks good in a 3 man midfield as he is not then too stretched for pace to cover enough ground.

I would go again for the team that beat Stoke and Man U. We can always bring on the likes of James, Mahrez, Albrighton, Knockeart or Simpson if Plan A is not working or players are tiring.

Unless RDL was severely injured and/or Simpson was amazing when he came on, I see no reason yet for Simpson to start. Hamer had a great 90 minutes but did not start the next game.

If Hammond starts at home against these lot I'll cry like an intelligent adult who has been forced to watch The X Factor.

What has Hammond done wrong so far? He is a strong, intelligent, experienced player, just the sort we need against Burnley.

Newcastle not winning tonight could be useful.
Just keeps that gap between us and the bottom3 beyond one game's result.

A few short weeks ago there was moaning because our lack of depth, now we seem awash with talent :)

Selection for Saturday, I'll leave that to NP and his team

He was garbage against Palace on Saturday and when you have a player like Matty James sitting on the bench there is no room for it.

Hopefully we won't dick about with them like we did with Palace.

3-1 Leicester

Should play de Laet if he is fit. An asset going forward and I can't see these exposing him defensively like some others have.

I would slide Hammond to the bench for this one for essentially the same reason...we need as many attacking threats on the pitch as we can get.

Expect a 442/4231 sort of system. Same back four, Drinky and Cambiasso sitting behind a rotating crew of Vardy, Ulloa, Nugent and Mahrez (though I'd love to see Powell get a game).

Should play de Laet if he is fit. An asset going forward and I can't see these exposing him defensively like some others have.

I would slide Hammond to the bench for this one for essentially the same reason...we need as many attacking threats on the pitch as we can get.

Expect a 442/4231 sort of system. Same back four, Drinky and Cambiasso sitting behind a rotating crew of Vardy, Ulloa, Nugent and Mahrez (though I'd love to see Powell get a game).

I do think Powell will claim the AMC spot eventually if Nige can get him to do as much work as Nugent.

He was garbage against Palace on Saturday and when you have a player like Matty James sitting on the bench there is no room for it.

Are you making the assumption that if Matty James had started he would have had a much better game against Palace because he played well last season, as did Hammond?

I do think Powell will claim the AMC spot eventually if Nige can get him to do as much work as Nugent.

Nope. No idea. Not a scoobies.

Hamer

RDL, Morgan, Moore, Konch

Cambiasso

Simpson, James, Drinkwater, Albrighton,

Vardy,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593