Pre Match Leicester v Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hamer

RDL, Morgan, Moore, Konch

Cambiasso

Simpson, James, Drinkwater, Albrighton,

Vardy,

A man who has only ever played right back, suddenly moved to spearhead the right side of midfield

You, sir, are an idiot

Simpson and Upson up front, Bagayoko floating in the hole.

The Opta stats from the Palace match showed that our three central midfielders all stayed in virtually the same part of the pitch and passed the ball to each other or backwards most of the time. We did an awful lot of 'pointless passing' in that match which suggests both a lack of invention and a lack of space being found by our forwards. If we play three central midfielders, they need clear and distinct roles. Cambiasso is supposed to be the holding play-maker, Hammond the enforcer and Drinkwater the attacking link man and available pass. They all failed miserably at this on Saturday.

Among many other things, the stats also showed that Ulloa woefully failed to hold the ball up or retain possession. In fact, Schmeichel had a 0% success rate with kicks forward. Most obvious was the fact that our set pieces (defensively and attacking) were diabolical.

What does this all mean?

Well, it means that if the players perform against Burnley like they did against Palace and Burnley's play like they have so far, it may be the worst match in Premier League history.

So we shouldn't do that.

If our defence let in goals against Burnley, we truly are in trouble. We conceded once to them in two matches last season and that was with Ings and Vokes. Without them, there is no excuse. We must keep the usual back four and tell them that we expect no mistakes and better marking. This is the last chance saloon though for that back five, deliver or they'll be changes.

I don't mind the same midfield and forward line either. Except the midfielders must move about a bit and find and use space. Ulloa must retain possession better and Vardy must forget the hype and get back to what he's good at. There must be much more pace and mobility to our play than against Palace.

We could adjust by adding a wide player and removing a central midfielder but, long term, I think that's a retrograde step.

This is our last match before another international break. Three points is essential to both cement our position in mid-table and consign Burnley to their rightful place in the bottom three.

They've scored 1 in 6 games and shipped 8 goals. They looked beyond awful today. I'm expecting us to win comfortably.

Last season this would have been a tough, top-of-the -table clash, so must not take Burnley forgranted

I would hate Leicester to be the ones who Burnley finally got a premiership win against.....

You know that's what they are thinking right now...."can't beat Arsenal but against Leicester, we've got a chance"

Last season this would have been a tough, top-of-the -table clash, so must not take Burnley forgranted

I would hate Leicester to be the ones who Burnley finally got a premiership win against.....

You know that's what they are thinking right now...."can't beat Arsenal but against Leicester, we've got a chance"

I would say ram it reet up em hard, but I hear they absolutely love it.

I would say ram it reet up em hard, but I hear they absolutely love it.

According to 'friend of a friend's aunty's cousin's mate who played at Watford' rumours I've heard, Dyche would never stand for such a thing. Not very progressive views apparently.

According to 'friend of a friend's aunty's cousin's mate who played at Watford' rumours I've heard, Dyche would never stand for such a thing. Not very progressive views apparently.

I hear he likes to be the one putting it reet deep up'em

Hypocritical Ginge

Players will play anywhere to be in the squad and I think he`s played on the right of mid before!

Why would we play someone out of position when we have players who can naturally play there?

Let's see. Kevin Poole, David Oldfield, Gary Mills, Steve Walsh, Tony James, Tommy Wright.

That's all I have...somebody else finish the job.

Nearly there. Infuriatingly just the one to go - and I should know it!

Colin Gordon, Tony James, xxxx, Kevin Poole, Steve Walsh, Des Linton;
Nicky Platnauer, Tommy Wright, Paul Reid , David Oldfield, Gary Mills

This kit was worn 1990-1992. This looks like a Pleatout squad from the first of these two seasons - no Brian Little imports there. I wonder what the occasion was

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570