Pre Match Leicester v Cardiff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q1. Are you playing a back 3 with no wing backs here?

Q2. Did you watch Praet play in the last game?

Q3. Is Ricardo on the right of a front three here?

Obviously the play style remains the same. But I would argue that against a side such as Cardiff at home, we won’t need quite as much constant defensive cover that say Ricardo’s CM/RB role consists of. I am still trying to work out who could play in which position effectively with Enzo’s style.

I watched Praet, I know how much you hate him, I think there is a footballer in there better than Championship level and until replaced, one of our better creative players. I also would rather see Wilf used defensively, freeing up Casadei further forward alongside KDH.

Ricardo is our best RW in the club right now. Probably the person I would trust most in a 1v1 situation on the wing. He knows how to score and is intelligent in his link up play. I think we gave up opportunities in both games so far when our wingers panicked. I’m still having flashbacks to the 4 or 5 v 1 we messed up last game.

I wouldn’t change the system, I think Ricardo
could still defend enough from a RW position and transition into attack. I don’t have a big magnet board to explain it properly sadly.

There isn't.

I don't hate him. I don't know him. I just don't think he's an effective or consistent enough footballer.
Funnily enough, by hate, I was talking about your opinion of his footballing skills.

I was not under the illusion you knew him personally.

Looks like another start for Marcal then.

Will be interesting to see if any of the players frozen out last week are on the bench.

Poor bastard. He looks miles out of his depth.

Weve had wingers look like superstars in the 1st game and then turn to total shit so let's hope this lad is the exact opposite

Cardiff have won on each of their last two league trips to Leicester and could win three in a row for the first time since March 1979.

Leicester have won their opening two league games and could win their first three to start a league campaign for only the fifth time after 1899-00, 1906-07, 1922-23 and 2020-21.

Cardiff are without a win in four league games (D1 L3), while they’re without a clean sheet in 13 league outings (24 conceded).

While only having 12 high turnovers so far in the Championship this season, Leicester have had the second-most shot ending high turnovers (5) and most goal ending high turnovers (2), scoring one in each of their two league games so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566