Pre Match Leicester v Crystal Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the first thing Pearson will look at will be the defence. We went on a little bit of a roll a couple of weeks before Sven left where we didn't concede a single goal.

Sure, a win would be great, but in Pearson's eyes I think we need to decrease the rate in which goals are being conceded.

So Beckford won't even make the bench? In your dreams. Didn't I hear that Pearson actually attempted to sign him while he was here last time?

I don't know what some people have got against Beckford or why they keep harping on about his perceived 'attitude problem' - I notice it's a lot of the same people who were slagging off Yakubu for being 'lazy', so I don't take much notice. In my opinion, Beckford's got the potential to be our best striker if he gets the right service (which is something I believe NP will identify and sort out), yet some of you wouldn't even have him on the bench! He scored ten goals in the PL last season and his record in the lower leagues is incredible, yet some of you would rather see Schlupp playing, an untested young striker who undoubtedly has potential, but is very far from being the finished article... It just beggars belief. If I was Jermaine Beckford, I'd be ****ing sick of you lot already.

As for Bamba, I don't see why everyone thinks Pearson will discard a defender who has proven that he is a quality player at this level and the best defender in our side this season and possibly last season too. Do you think Bamba was playing a lot of short passing, tippy-tappy football at Hibs?! Im sure he's as adapatble as the next player when asked to play a different way. Also, Pearson bought in Tunchev who is, IMO, a calm, collected, ball-playing defender who can hoof it when needed, so I don't agree with the people who say that Pearson only wants defenders who just sky the ball whenever it comes anywhere near them - the last time he had to work within his means and it's obvious his ideal centre back pairing would have been Hobbs and Tunchev; one no-nonsense defender and one with a bit more skill. Sounds like a description of Mills and Bamba to me.

I agree with what you're saying about Beckford, I too think he has potential and will be a good asset to the club, I however think that Pearson will take a disliking to him as he did with DJ Campbell, as I think they both have a similar playing style and attitude. As for Bamba, he is probably my favorite player at the club, I just think Mills and St.Ledger will be his ideal partnership as they seem to me more 'hoofballers' whereas, as I said in my previous post, Bamba likes to work the ball out of danger with skill rather than a quick hoof. The team I would prefer would have Mills and Bamba as a centre-half partnership and Nugent and Beckford as a striker partnership, but as I said, I think NP will prefer differently

I wonder whether Berner is up for a recall...

Last edited:
I hope NP has a more professional approach to the players we have than some on here are suggesting.

I can't believe that people are making statements about Beckford's attitude. How does anybody really know what Beckford's attitude is like? Do you see him train, day in day out? Do you hear him speak in the media on a regular basis? If Beckford fails at City, the moronic fans who boo him and write him off will be partly responsible. If Pearson decides he is not part of the squad then so be it. For now, lay off the guy and allow him some time to show his undoubted ability.

Last edited:
Every player should have a clean slate from here imo.

If NP wants to bring Weale, Berner or Moreno back into the side then I wouldn't moan at all, he's already shown he can get a lot out of Weale and Berner at least. I love Bamba, but if NP wants to drop him for St. Ledger then again, I wouldn't moan at all. These players could all be completely different under different management, we've already seen that when NP left the first time with the likes of Hobbs, Morrison, Weale, Berner, Fryatt, Waghorn, Howard etc.

I think NP tried to sign both Moreno and Danns whilst at Hull so would not be in the least bit surprised to see them involved

In truth we haven't got a feckin' clue what side he'll put out.

I feel fairly sure Nugent, Mills, Schmichael, and Konchesky will be involved...beyond that is anybodies guess.

Don't matter anyway since we will win 72-0 and Gnasher will be pulling the strings in midfield.

Every player should have a clean slate from here imo.If NP wants to bring Weale, Berner or Moreno back into the side then I wouldn't moan at all, he's already shown he can get a lot out of Weale and Berner at least. I love Bamba, but if NP wants to drop him for St. Ledger then again, I wouldn't moan at all. These players could all be completely different under different management, we've already seen that when NP left the first time with the likes of Hobbs, Morrison, Weale, Berner, Fryatt, Waghorn, Howard etc.
This.

Every player should have a clean slate from here imo.

If NP wants to bring Weale, Berner or Moreno back into the side then I wouldn't moan at all, he's already shown he can get a lot out of Weale and Berner at least. I love Bamba, but if NP wants to drop him for St. Ledger then again, I wouldn't moan at all. These players could all be completely different under different management, we've already seen that when NP left the first time with the likes of Hobbs, Morrison, Weale, Berner, Fryatt, Waghorn, Howard etc.

Although I share your measured and sensible attitude, if this happened, you'd be in a tiny tiny minority in terms of not moaning. But you probably realise that.

Last edited:
It will be an interesting selection. I'd pick Danns because he'll be against his former club whose fans have hammered him for leaving them for us. A point to prove and all that.

Schmeichel

Peltier St. Ledger Mills Konchesky

King Wellens Danns

Nugent Beckford Gallagher

Subs: Weale, Tunchev, Howard, Schlupp, Abe

In truth we haven't got a feckin' clue what side he'll put out.

I feel fairly sure Nugent, Mills, Schmichael, and Konchesky will be involved...beyond that is anybodies guess.

Don't matter anyway since we will win 72-0 and Gnasher will be pulling the strings in midfield.
Sorry mate, you're not up to speed. Gnasher is suspended. I believe Joey might be availlable 'tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669