Pre Match Leicester V Crystal Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles Away

Good first half. Fell apart once BR started making changes.

PSV had two big chances - the early one and the stonewall penalty. We had far more of the ball in the final third but we were dreadful with our decision making.

Barnes was awful for the third successive game. His confidence appears to have fallen off a cliff. Iheanacho was excellent but missed his big moment. It was inexplicable to replace him with Lookman - pure madness.

Fofana and Evans were great together. Evans was desperately signalling to the bench after 80 minutes but BR just ignored him. He needs to be wrapped in cotton wool for a week.

In fact, apart from Schmeichel, nobody that started tonight should play on Sunday. PSV looked very tired late on and they'll have to play their main players at the weekend. That should be our advantage - rest our players and then play high tempo at their place.

This tie is still 50/50 just like it was at 8pm.
Agree with heavy rotation this weekend. He won’t though.

Justin, Soyuncu, Amartey, Thomas

Soumare Choudhury

Barnes Perez Albrighton

Daka

None of the back four who started tonight should play. Same goes for Dewberries, Maddison and Nacho

Apart from that, anything goes

Perez isn’t going to play for us again, is he?

When did he last play? I feel like it's been a long time since we saw him at all, but that he's not made many appearances all season.

Looks like he finally ran out of chances with Brendan, and rightly so.

Looked it up - forgot he came on against Randers, looks like his last appearance, was on 24th Feb.

He's only made 8 PL appearances this season, the last one was on 23rd Jan for 1 minute against Brighton. Before that was 45 mins against Man City on 26th Dec.

Brendan must've forgotten to give him his monthly appearance towards the end of March.

Going to be a tough game and expect some of our players will be rested for the PSV game.
Palace will be keen, but hopefully we can manage a draw

Schmeichel plus 10 of the following 11:

Justin
Amartey
Vestergaard
Soyuncu
Thomas
Mendy
Choudhury
Soumare
Perez
Daka
Lookman

When did he last play? I feel like it's been a long time since we saw him at all, but that he's not made many appearances all season.

Looks like he finally ran out of chances with Brendan, and rightly so.

Looked it up - forgot he came on against Randers, looks like his last appearance, was on 24th Feb.

He's only made 8 PL appearances this season, the last one was on 23rd Jan for 1 minute against Brighton. Before that was 45 mins against Man City on 26th Dec.

Brendan must've forgotten to give him his monthly appearance towards the end of March.
No one can say that BR has not given players chances and time.

Free chocolate and a beer on Sunday :026:
Not the greatest mix really. A nice shiraz and some lindt touch of salt dark chocolate and now you're talking. Or, if it's beer you want, some nuts would be a better accompaniment.

Free beer makes up for St increases and no attempt to help atmosphere

Free beer would help the atmosphere in my home, for a while but that's another matter.

Free beer makes up for St increases and no attempt to help atmosphere
What did you think of the knuckle-draggers' attempts to 'create an atmosphere' at the end of the game on Thursday? I'm talking about those in Block M1, and less so in L1, who lingered to force a confrontation with the PSV fans despite several tannoy requests for them to leave the stadium in orderly fashion and the knowledge that their images were being recorded on CCTV. Would either free beer or free chocolate help them?

I wonder if they even thought about the effect it might have on the comfort and safety of our own fans who will be visiting Eindhoven and the Philips Stadion next week.

What did you think of the knuckle-draggers' attempts to 'create an atmosphere' at the end of the game on Thursday? I'm talking about those in Block M1, and less so in L1, who lingered to force a confrontation with the PSV fans despite several tannoy requests for them to leave the stadium in orderly fashion and the knowledge that their images were being recorded on CCTV. Would either free beer or free chocolate help them?

I wonder if they even thought about the effect it might have on the comfort and safety of our own fans who will be visiting Eindhoven and the Philips Stadion next week.
Not sure why or how you relate the two tbh.

Those who go on that section, as usual, are day trippers who don't usually attend games and for some reason it seems to constantly attract complete Bellends.

They are nothing to do with any group who are actively trying to help improve the atmosphere.

Not sure why or how you relate the two tbh.

Those who go on that section, as usual, are day trippers who don't usually attend games and for some reason it seems to constantly attract complete Bellends.

They are nothing to do with any group who are actively trying to help improve the atmosphere.
I suppose I'm more concerned about the safety of the people going to the away leg. The story will be exaggerated to the Dutch knuckle-draggers who will be persuaded to take their 'revenge'.
But to answer your question, I don't think such incidents will do anything to encourage the club to do anything which fans' groups claim would improve the atmosphere whilst all they can see is the likelihood that it will increase the probability of unsafe situations. One of the things which these fans' groups constantly seem to want is to be placed next to the away fans. Somebody suggested a few days ago that L1 and SK1 should be brought together, presumably by moving SK1 fans into the east stand. Why would the club want an even larger group next to the away fans when the present size of it already causes enough problems? Their concerns must be for safety and to that end fans' groups need to condemn such incidents that happened on Thursday and prove by their words and actions that intimidation of others is not a part of providing atmosphere. Unless they do this they will get no help from the club.

I suppose I'm more concerned about the safety of the people going to the away leg. The story will be exaggerated to the Dutch knuckle-draggers who will be persuaded to take their 'revenge'.
But to answer your question, I don't think such incidents will do anything to encourage the club to do anything which fans' groups claim would improve the atmosphere whilst all they can see is the likelihood that it will increase the probability of unsafe situations. One of the things which these fans' groups constantly seem to want is to be placed next to the away fans. Somebody suggested a few days ago that L1 and SK1 should be brought together, presumably by moving SK1 fans into the east stand. Why would the club want an even larger group next to the away fans when the present size of it already causes enough problems? Their concerns must be for safety and to that end fans' groups need to condemn such incidents that happened on Thursday and prove by their words and actions that intimidation of others is not a part of providing atmosphere. Unless they do this they will get no help from the club.

Miserable old git.

The best part of being a singing home/away fan is the closeness to the opposition supporters. The banter and back and forth element is the point of it. Most supporters that want to be close to this are not knuckle draggers out to cause trouble. They just want to enjoy an active supporting experience.

If PSV idiots choose to attack innocent City fans next week because a few spotty herberts hung around acting like twats for a few minutes, it's on them.

Miserable old git.

The best part of being a singing home/away fan is the closeness to the opposition supporters. The banter and back and forth element is the point of it. Most supporters that want to be close to this are not knuckle draggers out to cause trouble. They just want to enjoy an active supporting experience.

If PSV idiots choose to attack innocent City fans next week because a few spotty herberts hung around acting like twats for a few minutes, it's on them.
It might be 'on them' but that sentiment doesn't help those getting beaten up now, does it?

Head-to-head

• Leicester are unbeaten in five Premier League games against Palace (W3 D2).
  • Palace have lost their past two away league games against Leicester.

Leicester City

• Leicester have lost just one of their past five top-flight games (W3, D1).
  • The Foxes have suffered one defeat in their previous eight home league fixtures (W5, D2).
  • Kelechi Iheanacho has scored 13 goals and five assists from his past 20 Premier League starts.
  • James Maddison needs one goal to become the fifth player to score 30 in the Premier League for Leicester.

Crystal Palace

• Palace are aiming to go eight games unbeaten in all competitions for the first time since December 2017 (W5, D2).
  • The Eagles could equal a club top-flight record of six consecutive away matches without defeat, which was set in October 1990 and last equalled in February 1992.
  • Vieira's side have kept a clean sheet in each of their past four games in all competitions.
  • Wilfried Zaha has scored six Premier League goals against Leicester - his best return against any top-flight club.
  • Jean-Philippe Mateta has scored three goals in his past four games in all competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566