Pre Match Leicester v FC København

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want everybody fit so that Claudio can pick the side he believes is best.
There were four Leicester strikers on the pitch against Southampton and Vardy was the least bad.

We each have our own opinion. For me Vardy was terrible. I'd have taken any other striker on the pitch.

I would currently drop Vardy, but Claudio might be delighted with him.

I do know that Matt.

You do know that he didn't actually write the book don't you?

Maybe you disagree but I think he's distracted by things outside of football. Don't you think he's the type of guy who will be following his serialisation and it's consequences?
I have no idea what type of guy he is, neither do you. But that's not what you said originally. The things you said originally are nothing to do with him at the point in time.

I have no idea what type of guy he is, neither do you. But that's not what you said originally. The things you said originally are nothing to do with him at the point in time.

I respect your opinion.

This game will take a lot to win.

They must have forgotten what it's like to get beaten.

Our confidence can't be that high.

I'd take a draw but an early goal would do wonders.

Well I'm bloody looking forward to it, every single minute, even if others couldn't give a toss. Certainly beats leaving my house at 6 in the morning to go up to 'Boro in January.

Interesting story from the Express, but it also features this section about the match tomorrow ...

Copenhagen play roughly the same style whether they're clear favourites or underdogs. With strong centre-forwards Andreas Cornelius and Federico Santander up front, the task is to overlap the full-backs and float in crosses for the big boys to attack.

In the Danish Superliga it works and so far in the Champions League this term it has caught out Porto and Brugge.

Leicester on Tuesday are a different proposition entirely. Centre-back Mathias Zanka will be tasked with handling Jamie Vardy's whippet speed, with Eric Johansson (a modern-day Olaf Melburg and no doubt a Swedish lumberjack in another life) there to head away danger.

Leicester should be too strong for Copenhagen, who play a far more patient, pragmatic game than Claudio Ranieri's hit and run stars.

But there is belief that Copenhagen can get something from this clash. Solbakken had talked long about the need to get points away from home in the group stage and a draw would do the 11-time Danish champions nicely.

Captain Delaney must win the battle of midfield superiority with Danny Drinkwater, while full-backs Ludwig Augustinsson and Peter Andersen may have to gamble on bombing forward and leave Riyad Mahrez free.

Copenhagen will go for it at the King Power but gone are the days when Danish football is realistically going to challenge the established elite.

UEFA and the big boys know that and have done something about it.

Leicester are only now experiencing what it's like to be part of that upper class. It is a class that is strengthening its resolve, ensuring the gap between top and bottom remains.

But the lower orders will not stay silent long.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-Denmark-PSV-Copenhagen-Champions-League-News

They will physically over power us.

Corners will be more like penalties to them.

Was he any good there?

HAVE THAT COPENHAGAEN or KOBENHAVN if that's what you're pretending you're called these days.

Schmeichel
Simpson Hernandez Morgan Fuchs
Drinkwater Amartey
Gray Mahrez Albrighton
Slimani

Subs: Vardy, Schlupp, King, Kapustka, Huth, Musa, Zieler

I'd play 3-4-1-2

Schmeichel
Hernandez Morgan Huth*
AlbrightonDrinkwaterAmarteySchlupp
Okazaki **
Mahrez Slimani ***

*Tall defenders needed as the Danes have tall strong frontmen with Albrighton/Schlupp as wingbacks.
**He can link well between the other 4 midfielders and attack.
*** They know eachothers game and Vardy needs a kick up the arse that he can't just expect to play every game

Subs:
Zieler, Simpson, Gray, Vardy, King, Fuchs, Musa or Kapustka

I'll be amazed if it's not the same team as we played last time out in the CL.

Schmeichel

Hernandez
Morgan
Huth
Fuchs

Mahrez
Drinky
Amartey
Albrighton

Vardy
Slimani

Think if there is any change, it would be King in for Amartey perhaps, just need to freshen up the centre mid slightly. Would've said Gray for Albrighton but the fact he was subbed off suggests hell start

Amartey will not be dropped for this surely

We will hammer this lot. They will not cope with our intensity. 4-1 to the foxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669