Match Thread Leicester v Fulham

Status
Not open for further replies.
How else would you play wingers?
4-2-3-1? 4-1-4-1?

Both systems we’ve played. Both with 4 at the back. Our full backs, IMO, show far better attacking quality when they can overlap someone ahead of them, exactly like Chilwell did behind Barnes, or Ricardo around Perez, when we were at our best last season. You literally only have to go back to last year, to see when we’ve done it well.

5-4-1 at home to Fulham is fecking idiotic.

I don't care how far forward the wing backs get. They are both inexperienced defenders, not wide attackers.

BR got a lot of credit for coming up with this formation but he is supposed to be mixing it up, not using it for every match. Fulham (like Liverpool) will be fully prepared for us playing exactly like we are going to.

I hope that Fulham are so shit it doesn't matter but I think this is a dumb line up and formation.

Fair enough, not quite 1998. My point is that playing two attacking wing backs is not as stupid or defensive as some are acting like, nor is it unusual.
I’m not saying it’s defensive. I’m saying I don’t think it suits us in games when we’re likely to dominate possession. We look more like England did against Iceland in the Euros in France, when we do it in games like this.

Think it's quite an attacking side 3 at the back Mendy as holding mid with Maddison, Praet, Tilemans the 3 midfielders with Vardy up top the 2 wing backs to provide the overlaps
The midfield 3 will dominant, Leicester will have majority of possession and I expect 2 of the 3 midfielders will make forward runs, I like it (of course if we are losing 1-0 at half time Bodgers is a twat)

5-4-1 at home to Fulham is fecking idiotic.

I don't care how far forward the wing backs get. They are both inexperienced defenders, not wide attackers.

BR got a lot of credit for coming up with this formation but he is supposed to be mixing it up, not using it for every match. Fulham (like Liverpool) will be fully prepared for us playing exactly like we are going to.

I hope that Fulham are so shit it doesn't matter but I think this is a dumb line up and formation.
Supposed to be mixing it up according to whom?

I think Under is remarkably unlucky. I want to see him start. He has thoroughly impressed me whenever I have seen him.

5 defenders against Fulham seems, well, a little like overkill. Time will tell.
Funny how we all see things differently. I think he’s a bit of a show pony who’s easily dispossessed and doesn’t track back. Undoubtedly skilful but needs to do more dirty work.
Also did you see his ‘effort’ at defending Liverpool’s corner when Firmino headed straight in?

Surely the point is to win? If we win, particularly heavily, what's the issue?
One swallow etc etc.

Since the restart after the COVID break, look at our record with this type of set up. In games on the back foot, we’ve done well. In games where we dictate things, our results are poor.

Supposed to be mixing it up according to whom?

BR spoke about it before the start of this season and in the early press conferences and after the signings were announced. He said that wanted to be able to play different formations and combinations this season because not doing that last season had cost us.

I thought that made good sense and it did until he found a new formation and is doing exactly the same as he did last season (4-1-4-1) with this one (5-4-1) now.

BR spoke about it before the start of this season and in the early press conferences and after the signings were announced. He said that wanted to be able to play different formations and combinations this season because not doing that last season had cost us.

I thought that made good sense and it did until he found a new formation and is doing exactly the same as he did last season (4-1-4-1) with this one (5-4-1) now.

It is possible he feels we need a couple of our injured players back before letting off the handbrake.

I don’t like the setup either, but perhaps there are personnel reasons (Evans looks shit, needs extra support, Fuchs doesn’t have the legs for left back, Mendy isn’t the physical presence of Ndidi, etc)

Their goalkeeper sounds like a bit of a tit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566