Pre Match Leicester v Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: next match

2-1

and on sunday?

0-0. Beckford fluffs a chance in stoppage time......

Doubt the game will kick-off on Saturday tbh.

Last edited:

It's suddenly an even more interesting game. I love Leicester-Leeds games anyway- and the fact that we are on even points after the same number of games makes it very exciting!

I believe we will win this- perhaps 4-2, or if not a goalfest then 2-0. Good chance for Beckford to show he gives a shit about Leicester, but I would certainly get Howard in at some point, as he is irresistable against Leeds. Good scoring record and great form.

Grayson's team conceded absolutely bucketloads last season- I expect the same. They will come to win, and I hope to god they fail.

They got surprisingly hammered tonight at home 0-5 to Blackpool.

I'd say it's going to be exceptionally tough on Sunday - I'd imagine Grayson will have them raring to bounce back.

I seriously hope that Leeds continue their losing streak on Sunday but I can't see it tbh. If we play like we did last night we may stuff them. Although I expect it to end as a draw.

Leeds are clearly having problems in the goalkeeping department. First choice injured; second choice unnerved; third-choice, an 18-year old, let in two in half an hour.

They're looking for a loan in time for the weekend. Is Chris Kirkland still available?

Last edited:
Let's take em to the cleaners. Filthy lot.

Same team, set up and approach as Tuesday night please. I think it will be tougher for us on Sunday now because of last night as I would imagine the manager and players will want to go out and give the fans a gritty and determined performance. Close fought 1-0 win for us with Howard getting the goal

If Dyer & Vassell are fit, put DV in for Danns, and Dyer on the bench.
If not bring in Gelson.
Rest of team as started against Burnley.

Lee Clark/Kevin Keegan/Billy Davies/ Dave Jones/ OGS/ Martin O'Neill blah blah blah to be watching from the directors box, ready to be announced on monday/Tuesday/wednesday blah blah blah

I would not let Beckford near the bench, let alone the pitch for this one.
Has showed no spirit or affinity for Lestoh so far.
Would half expect him to turn up in a white shirt.

I would not let Beckford near the bench, let alone the pitch for this one.
Has showed no spirit or affinity for Lestoh so far.
Would half expect him to turn up in a white shirt.

Conversely, it might be a good game for him to turn things around. He's got a lot to prove to Leicester fans - I'd certainly want to put in a good performance against one of my old clubs. I think he'll come good, he just needs to get a couple of goals - it'll stop him from getting in a strop all the time and it'll get the fans off his back too.

Any team that's on the arse end of a good hiding is gonna be dangerous. We just have to concentrate and keep the defence tight and the midfield moving. Ah, hang on a minute....

Conversely, it might be a good game for him to turn things around. He's got a lot to prove to Leicester fans - I'd certainly want to put in a good performance against one of my old clubs. I think he'll come good, he just needs to get a couple of goals - it'll stop him from getting in a strop all the time and it'll get the fans off his back too.

I think that's spot on - if he is going to put in a big performance this is likely to be the game.

Leeds getting hammered by Blackpool is not good for us. Most half decent sides will come back strong after a mauling like that so I expect a difficult and tight game which it would be great to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669